Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 8:14am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would appear from posts on another sight that the Professor is competing in Judo this weekend. Seems like a safe bet. If he wins, he is well versed in 2 arts. If he loses, hey it was only Judo not BJJ.

To compete in BJJ would, perhaps, be too risky. Your thoughts?

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 8:49am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please post links to this other "sight"

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 7:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Rigan a lot, he's always been very generous to me with his time, and has stayed at my house. I very much doubt that Rigan is ducking anybody. How about going to Rigan's school and asking him yourself about this matter?

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 3:15am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII
    It would appear from posts on another sight that the Professor is competing in Judo this weekend. Seems like a safe bet. If he wins, he is well versed in 2 arts. If he loses, hey it was only Judo not BJJ.

To compete in BJJ would, perhaps, be too risky. Your thoughts?
    I think the Judo business explains a lot. He's probably a judoka who became infatuated with the whole Gracie/UFC thing and set about trying to pass himself off as a BJJ BB. His lack of BJJ BB skills was at first rationalized as being the result of inactivity following a debilitating injury, when in fact it was simply because he never was a BJJ BB to begin with. If he really humps it, he might eventually actually get to BJJ BB level. I think the Judo thing is just kind of testing the waters where, as you pointed out, there would be no big loss of face if he does lose. If he does well, perhaps down the line he might try BJJ competition. If he doesn't do that well, hey--those debilitating injuries...

Why couldn't he have just played straight from the beginning and used his Judo as a foundation on which to build BJJ skills and earn legit rank?

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 3:57am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS
    I like Rigan a lot, he's always been very generous to me with his time, and has stayed at my house. I very much doubt that Rigan is ducking anybody. How about going to Rigan's school and asking him yourself about this matter?
    If his school is anywhere in California, it's over a thousand miles from where I live. Some time ago, I tried to get a phone number from Blitz Center (Marcos Santos' school) for Rigan, but the lady who answers the phone would not divulge it. I don't think Rigan is ducking me, but he's certainly hard to get hold of. Maybe I should do some new searches for info...

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 5:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen what you've written on the Atama forum about Rigan and how you're going to drag his name through the mud. Rigan is a great guy who may have been duped.

I hope you're proud of yourself, but you're acting like a real fucking prick.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 6:22am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS
    I've seen what you've written on the Atama forum about Rigan and how you're going to drag his name through the mud. Rigan is a great guy who may have been duped.

I hope you're proud of yourself, but you're acting like a real fucking prick.
    Duckofdeath does make it look like a smear campaign against Rigan. He does however have some legitimate questions that it appears aren't being answered. Supposedly the Prof. got his BB and then achieved 3rd degree with several months between degrees, is that possible? He won the Brazilian nationals, sau paulo state champ what year was this? How can we go about getting these questions answered?
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 6:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems his way of getting answers is to run a smear campaign in the hope of Rigan somehow hearing about this and replying on-line rather than DOD asking at the source.

And you know what, if I was Rigan I'd be thinking "Who the **** is this whitebelt to smear my good name? This guy is being a prick so why the **** should I answer his questions ?"

There's a right way to go about things, and because you find it hard to get in contact with someone does not give you the right to try and tarnish their name.
    Last edited by JohnnyS; 3/07/2007 7:02pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 2:46pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Johnny S, his anger with DOD notwithstanding, has a point.

In the past DOD has sought info on Robson from his former associates at Rat Pack, from Marocs, from Rigan, from Mansor, etc.

The Professor has a web site w/ a phone number and e-mail. Why doesn't someone just contact him directly for the info you seek.

Does that make sense?

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2007 5:00am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it wouldn't cost me so much and confuse everyone sitting around me here at work I would call.

I don't the DoD should post again until he has called Robson directly, I don't understand why this wasn't the first port of call, first verify the claim from the horse's mouth (If your going by the website, the old "Misunderstanding by the web master" claim can be knocked out as an excuse)

Johnny is right, DoD is being a bit of a drama queen and thus pissing off the community he thinks he is helping.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast