Posted On:
    2/25/2007 1:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brazilian Nationals Winner

According to this web page--

http://www.pereirabjj.com/Instructor.htm

--Robson Pereira won the Brazilian Nationals in Rio de Janeiro. Does anyone know what year this took place? I'm assuming that since the claim is made on a web page on a BJJ school site that he's talking about winning in BJJ and not marbles or tiddly-winks...

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 1:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a massive thread about this guy on here somewhere, try a search.

Edit: That thread was apparently started by you....

[(Tom Kagan) LINK:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30814]
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 2/27/2007 5:35pm at . Reason: Added link to previous thread

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 2:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Robson Pereira has severed his ties with the infamous Rat Pack--which has supposedly "gone straight"--I wanted to start a new thread focused on the claims on Pereira's own site.

I noticed right off the bat that conspicuously absent from the site was any mention at all of Maurice Sakata, the Carlson Gracie Sr. black belt from whom Pereira claimed to have received his original black belt. Very strange that someone with a BB from a Carlson BB wouldn't put that on his site. Stranger still is that before Carlson passed away, one of his students had specifically asked him if he knew any Maurice Sakata, and Carlson replied that he didn't.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 2:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to give big kudos to DuckofDeath in his continued efforts on this subject matter. Even though he's too much of cheapskate to pony up the 20 bucks for a supporting membership (:smile:), if he ever manages to sort out the crap and get to the complete bottom of this, IMO, his efforts are hall of fame worthy regardless of what may be ultimately found.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 2:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wingchun Laywer is a Sao Paulo resident I believe, he might be able to help you out investigating this guy.

I mean a national and Sao Paulo state champion would surely be remembered by someone.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 2/25/2007 2:40pm at .

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 7:20pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pereira Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Swiftwater Plaza
    Route 611N, HC 1 Box 102T
    Swiftwater, PA 18370
    Is there anyone in PA that can go down to this academy and check the guy out?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 1:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    I have to give big kudos to DuckofDeath in his continued efforts on this subject matter. Even though he's too much of cheapskate to pony up the 20 bucks for a supporting membership (:smile:), if he ever manages to sort out the crap and get to the complete bottom of this, IMO, his efforts are hall of fame worthy regardless of what may be ultimately found.
    Thanks for the kind words. That letter signed by Marcos and Rigan recognizing Pereira's BB under Maurice Sakata was taken down from the Rat Pack site when Robson parted ways with the Rat Pack...but I made a bunch of hard copies. Now if what was in that letter was correct, why doesn't Pereira simply have Marcos and Rigan knock him out another letter that he can post on his own site?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 1:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NICE!

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 1:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Wingchun Laywer is a Sao Paulo resident I believe, he might be able to help you out investigating this guy.

I mean a national and Sao Paulo state champion would surely be remembered by someone.
    If WCL or other Brazilians on the board want to check out the Sao Paulo business, they might have better luck than I did trying to get a reply from this site:

http://www.fpjj.com.br/

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 1:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Is there anyone in PA that can go down to this academy and check the guy out?
    When there was talk on another board of someone visiting and taking a private to check him out, he jacked his hourly private rate to $200.00. (It had been posted as $50.00 when he was with the Rat Pack.) Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but the Rat Pack got dojo stormed and Robson got tapped by lower belts, including a white.
Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast