Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 10:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Injured upper thigh/tendons

The other night at training, I was doing two person stretches. One of the stretches was basically having your legs open while your partner puts his weight on your back and pushes you down, which streches out your groin. Basically during this stretch I felt as though I had gone as far as I could and I tapped out, but my partner pushed it a little further and all of a sudden I heard a heard and felt a distinctive "pop" in my upper leg as though one of the tendons up there had gone just near the hip joint in the groin area. Now, a couple of days later, the joint is still quite sore. When I move the leg to the extent of its range of movement the pain flares up quite considerably, so I suspect I will have to take time off training. In any case, does this injury sound familiar to anyone, and if so, what kind of treatments worked for you, and how long did it take to recover from it? Cheers.
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 11:14pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne
    The other night at training, I was doing two person stretches. One of the stretches was basically having your legs open while your partner puts his weight on your back and pushes you down, which streches out your groin. Basically during this stretch I felt as though I had gone as far as I could and I tapped out, but my partner pushed it a little further and all of a sudden I heard a heard and felt a distinctive "pop" in my upper leg as though one of the tendons up there had gone just near the hip joint in the groin area. Now, a couple of days later, the joint is still quite sore. When I move the leg to the extent of its range of movement the pain flares up quite considerably, so I suspect I will have to take time off training. In any case, does this injury sound familiar to anyone, and if so, what kind of treatments worked for you, and how long did it take to recover from it? Cheers.
    I had the same exact thing happen to me about two weeks ago, same stretch, same pop sound/feeling. I'm guessing you mean the back of your thigh near your groin is what hurts?
    Please see a professional and don't take my word for it -disclaimer, disclaimer- but what a PT told me is that I had hurt my hamstring (or a hamstring, since there are actually a few). Lots of ice, anti-inflammatories, and laying off of it is what I have been doing. I was stupid at first and didn't rest, and the pain started spreading and showing up in other places on my thigh/knee. So, and this is coming from someone addicted to working out, while you're getting it checked out please rest it. This site has some stuff to check out in the mean time:
    http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...ringstrain.htm

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 11:20pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS- I was told that it's a bad idea to do a compression bandage unless you really know how, massage can be good and is easy to do but you have to know exactly what's wrong first to make sure that massage is appropriate, and use ice rather than heat or heating liniments for the first few days.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks a bunch for the fast reply. I've been rubbing Deep Heat onto the site, but probably should rest it a little more than I have been. I figure I'll give the leg a week off and see how it goes before I take it to a Physio.
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.