Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 11:13am

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hr 1022

The recently sunset 1994 crime bill is now being reproposed with extra provisions to strengthen it. Many of the guns you and I take for granted (such as semi-automatic ak-47's) would now be illegal to own unless they had a fixed magazine.

Do a search on google for hr 1022 for lots of details.

Info: http://www.gunlawnews.org/110th-House-Bills/hr1022.html

Petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/noawb

./sigh

Sometimes I hate the necessity to maintain a constant vigil just to retain what remains of an ever shrinking mass of personal freedoms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 2:32pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sent notice to my congresscritter, and both Senators. All three are staunch pro-gunners.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 4:24pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know that this will be going on a year from election time. If the dems are smart they'll wait until AFTER they take control of the white house (potentially.) Trying to pass such a nasty piece of legislation so close to election time will get them porked politically. My bet is that someone is from a liberal northeast state and is trying to get cred with their constituents right before they cast their ballots.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 10:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    McCarthy is the wife of one of the victims of the subway shooting in New York years ago. Nothing she's proposed since then would have prevented that tragedy, but she got into office by telling people that story and promising to end gun violence, so she's got to do something. She's a one-issue politician.

She has no co-sponsors and, for the reasons SFGoon laid out, she probably won't get a lot of support unless they really smell blood. They can say what they want, but the Democrats were elected as a punishment to the Republicans, not as an endorsement of gun control. They know it, too.

I don't know how long this will last in The Armory; it's usually not political, which is a fair price to pay for not having anti-gun whining in here. Just write and call (don't email) your representatives and make sure they know what you think.