Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 2:49pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This one has it all!

Like me, you've seen a lot of martial arts sites over the last couple years. Also like me, you've been wondering where you could find a site that has an exploding buddha, and a ninja-based exploding buddha repair service.

Well, wonder no more:

The Red Dragon Dojo

I'm sure these guys are very interested in their training, and earnest in their wishes to teach their students, but my god, it's impossible to take them seriously.

-Of the three instructors, two formed their own styles after no more than 5 years training.
    -Despite being nominally a kung fu school, they prefer to use the JMA terms sensei, kata and dojo.
    -The 'traditional' weapon training consists of "nunchaka", katana and tai chi sword (well, at least they get one CMA weapon in there), and the 'practical' training is the staff and "escrima stick".
    -The descriptions of the training and methodology are very typical lofty sentiments with no real information behind them.

They get points for being willing to have multiple video clips on the site, but not a single one shows an actual application against an opponent.

I don't think they're out to deceive/rip off anyone, but at the same time, you have to just shake your head and wonder what the hell they were thinking.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus their whole site is in flash. Who the **** does that anymore?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 3:49pm

Style: Bar Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Plus their whole site is in flash. Who the **** does that anymore?

They do, it seems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 10:39pm

Style: BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, WTF is up with all the <Insert Color Here> Dragon Martial Arts schools I've seen here lately. I need to run a thread on that ****.