Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello

Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello

Hi,

My name is Jason Keaton. I love martial arts. Matter of fact, that is all I do! I have wrestled my whole life. I began at the Kentucky school for the blind when I was 4. I am not some super wrestler though. I have done quite a bit of martial arts and some with top notch guys like Scott Sonnon, Carlson Gracie Jr., Mike O'Donnell, John Renken, Renato Tavares, a bunch! But I have also dealt with some super phonies, which I dislike. I am not the type that says this style is better because everyone has their preferences. But I do not like it when people do things that are"unmartial artist" like

I look forward to using this forum!

AikidoBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the Bullshido Forums blindfury... Make sure you review your dojo and add it to your user control panel so you can get the icon in your user info bar in your posts.

Here's looking at you, squid. Join us... or die
    Style
    Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the board, Jason. Just out of curiosity - are you blind?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty blind. I wear glasses but I'm still legally blind. Went to the school for the Blind here in Ky

Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome aboard, Jason!
    Would you mind elaborating on your MA past and experiences?
    How did/do your opponents react to the fact that you can't see, how do you evaluate stuff happening during the fight, etc...
    It would be an interesting reading...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Blind Fury, on another thread you claimed a BJJ BB, could you tell us who you earned it with?

Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Renato Tavares www.renatotavaresbjj.com

With my glasses on you really can't tell of my visual impairment unless you ask me to read something for you. During fights I have really worked on my distance so I know the right distance for me to hit someone( I also use the crazy monkey defense a lot).

Sometiems when on the ground, people thought my eyes were closed. The key was to keep my vision a secret becasue most people won't let you fight if they know. Most people I fought did not know until after. Usually one of my cornermen would tell him"hey, that dude is blind". I'm done fighting MMA now but I'm doing Black belt superfights and grappling more. Which I enjoy. I'm also training a lot of people including the military at Ft. Knox, Ky

Style
    BJJ, Debate-Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any website that has a testimonial from the DoE's National Nuclear Security Agency is freakin' sweet. I guess the thought process is: what if terrorists tried to hijack a deuterium shipment with their Taekwondo skills? Well, then you'd want your drivers to know some BJJ, wouldn't you!

Welcome to the board, blindfury. Your perspective will be a great addition to Bullshido.net.

Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained with those guys once or twice. They never really answereed any questions. I know they were like cops or something

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Jason, this is Eric. We've chatted a few times at grappling tournaments (2005 EGO, 2006 Bluegrass Open, maybe one or two that I'm forgetting). I trained with Colin and Kyle Cannon until last summer, when I joined the Army.

I help moderate Bullshido's grappling forum, generally just to keep things running smoothly and run a tight ship. I'd love it if you'd take a look around and share your thoughts whenever you feel like it:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56
    Last edited by Cassius; 2/25/2007 6:54pm at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Page 1 of 2 12 Last