Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I won't threaten to kick his ass. He's a sorry-ass manipulator, but I wouldn't spend the money to fly out and kick his ass anyway.

Why would he discuss the charges from Florida anyway? The smartest thing this guy could do is just lay low and ignore anyone who brings that **** up.

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 8:41am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, he might not, but the newspaper contains other claims for which he does not presently face criminal proscution. Such as the civil restraining order, trashing the woman's car, (he paid restitution to make that charge go away) and I'm interested if he will acknowledge that there is an outstanding arrest warrant. If he refuses to talk to us then we could always forward the Florida article to his home town newspaper and see if they can do any better.

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 9:51am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a copy of the email I sent to his home dojo at 180 and Pacific in Omaha, Nebraska. The email address is dragon@kempokarate.com

Dear Mr. Geary:

My name is and I am a participant in a martial arts board called Bullshido. Recently your previous conduct in Florida as reported in the Marco Island Eagle has been the subject of discussion on our board.

http://www.bullshido.us/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5375&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID= 8&Topic_Title=Christopher+Geary%3A+Man%2C+Mart ial+Artist%2C+DEMI%2DGOD%21&Forum_Title=Genera l+Discussion&whichpage=1

In "Warrants issued for former Marco karate instructors", Victor Hill, Marco Island Eagle, December 27, 2000 http://www.naplesnews.com/sections/marco/eagle/2000/december27/karate/html you are accused of a number of actions which do not make you look good. These include, harrassing a former female student to the point where she obtained a restraining order, seriously damaging her car and admitting this act, trashing a former place of business, and walking off with property from this rental property. Since I believe that it would be unfair to discuss such matters behind your back I am inviting you to post any comments you might have about the accuracy of these allegations on our board and whether there are specific inaccuracies in this article by Victor Hill. I believe this article portrays you in an extremely poor light and that our membership would be interested to hear your side of the story.

Finally since the article dates from December 2000, have you since allowed this warrant to be executed against you, and what was the resolution, if any, of these criminal charges?

Please post your replies at the link listed above, though I will post any replies you care to send to my personal e-mail. I am also sending a copy of this letter registered mail to your 180 and Pacific corporate address to ensure that a copy of this correspondance reaches you. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 11:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, why the hell would he respond to this.

Ummmm...hi, Mr. Geary! We've got some information on a situation you'd rather forget for the rest of your life, mind if we bring it up and discuss it?

Who the hell are we that he would even care about our opinion anyway? The only people this guy needs to care about are his students, even if they have been fleeced bigtime.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 3:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He'd be more likely to respond to that than what Goojeanleans wrote.
    I'll be interested in what he has to say.

I must say, as much as I may not like what he says, or what he appears to be....He's got a really well done web site.

Your skills are EXTRAordinary; You have our Gratitude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 3:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Samuel... no offense, but Phrost and other here have attacked more than just a few people. I remember Phrost starting an attack on a karate instructor last year, and thats just the one I remember. Now he didn't say anything negative himself, but posting the dudes website started the whole thing..which is what he intended. So to say a member here is using the forum is a bit of stretch. Thats what this site was put together for I believe. There is a lot of "exposing" done of well marketed guys, but there has been a fair amount of trashing of local guys with nothing more than a website and started by Phrost and other senior guys here.

Just because my member name here and limited post number makes me a newbie, that doesn't mean I started reading this board last week. Frankly, I'm very surprised that Phrost and others haven't gotten their asses sued by some "local guy."

Just another reason why I hate martial artists.

Edited by - closeqrtercombat on August 14 2003 15:52:44

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 4:04pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goo,

Mr. Geary may respond because there is a possibility that the article is in error and he will want to defend his reputation. He cares about his public appearance, thats why he has pictures of himself with several politicians on his website, it makes him look respectable. Also if he knew someone like you were going to tip the local paper in Omaha if he didn't respond he might be more willing to talk to us.

If you wanted to do something productive you might consider calling the Marco Island Police department and find out if that December, 2000 warrant is still outstanding or if Geary and Steiner turned themselves in. If they didn't and its still outstanding that might be the 'hook' that their local newspaper would be interested in.

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 4:13pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CQC;

I guess I should be more specific when I say 'use the site'. When were were involved in the David Cook matter a newbie named 'colt' wrote in and said that said individual sucked and we had to pry out of him (colt) that he was somewhat involved in the rivalry between the two instructors.

I don't mind criticizing people, its when someone comes in and we don't know the backstory that we seem to get in trouble because they will say things beyond what any evidence will support.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 4:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay,...thanks for clearing that up. I understand now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 12:16pm

Style: kempo karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Samual, to answer your questions 1 through 7, please see below...
    1) No I do not teach.
    2) No I do not study with a competitor
    3) I live in Omaha.
    4) I have met Christopher Geary on countless occations.
    5) My child has been a student of his dojo for a number of years.
    At times (on bad days) his patience is short. If you've seen "Full Metal Jacket", the class can be compared to a rated G or PG version of the first half of the film - pretty much all classes. There are good days - but you never know until you get there. At times he gets a little physical with the kids, slapping hands-if fist is not tight, light punches the the solar plexus, if they answer the incorrectly about history of his style of kempo.
    6) At this time Christopher Geary does not endorse or allow his students to compete in martial arts contests. Sorry, no love life involvements.
    7) I've never watched an adult class. But take word as a direct field report after sitting several years of watching my child.

He says he's the best schools and the best instructor in Omaha - just ask him.
    There are many schools in Omaha. I pretty sure he's 6th degree now. I've never seen him compete or spar with an adult. He states that he is the best, and we parents take him at face value.

Some of his dojo rules of conduct are: self control, character, among others.

I also read the "Naples FL Daily News" article myself. A bit disturbing.
    Not much self control about those actions, character is also up for grabs.

Yes, Sensai Steiner (from Florida dojo trashing-fest)also has a school under Geary in a different part of the city.

Hope that answers some questions.

regards,
    fjr042
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast