Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 1:35am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by whynot001
    that dick head geary says Angel is his advisor not teacher according to his biography he is self taught
    Go away.

Please.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 2:52am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was home on leave just before Xmas I happened to accidentally drive by one of his schools... He must be making a mint to afford some of the storefront real estate he's doing business in...

:zicon_bat

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 10:40am

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Christopher Geary

Greetings to everyone. I am from the Godin lineage of Chinese Kenpo. The late Professor Walter L. N. Godin was the brother in law of Professor H. Victor Gascon and trained with Mr. Gascon during the formulation of the Karazenpo- Go- Shinjutsu system. Professor Godin's name was on the original patch of Karazenpo along with Professor Gascon's. I have several long time friends from this system and have asked some questions concerning Christoper Geary.

The question is asked if Mr. Angel is, quote, legit, in an above post. Yes, Mr. Angel is legitimate with over 50 years of martial arts experience. Why he acts as an advisor/supporter to this Geary character is beyond my comprehension. I do not mean to be disrespectful to a man with so many years in the arts (Angel) but I would have to conclude that the only logical reason would be a large sum of money must have been traded for the rankings. This Geary went from 1st to 5th, quickly to 6th and 7th and has something like 10 years in the arts and from what I have been told his ability is mediocre at best.

I made a phone call to a friend connected to Mr. Gascon's group. I was told that Geary was of a former offshoot of the Gascon system, was homeless (in the art's that is) and called Mr. Gascon and Professor Michael Rash of the organization. According to what I was told, Geary begged and pleaded to be taken under the Gascon umbrella telling them that he made mistakes but had changed and repented. The Gascon group finally conceded to give him a chance although I was told that Mr. Gascon had some deep reservations about taking him in. In contrast to what Geary states he was never actually promoted by the Gascon group, the name of the group currently eludes me. What they did was recognize a rank that he already had which is done all the time providing the man that gave him the rank in the first place is legitimate. Mr. Angel was the man who promoted Geary to 5th, 6th and later 7th degree of Black Belt. I was also told Geary's actions and past history is currently under investigation by this group and serious action will be taken. My friend also told me that since this most, quote, embarrassing mistake, they have changed the membership rules and now have a very intensive investigation by, not only the Executive Board but by members input also. He stated that police officers will also check for criminal backgrounds but this information will be kept confidential to only Professors Gascon and Rash due to liability reasons. I just remembered the name of the group, it is the Karazenpo -Go- Shinjutsu Black Belt Society. I asked what Professor Gascon's fee was for the recogniton of rank certificate, I was told there was no fee. I also asked if Geary paid for the travel expenses for the entourage, it was for zip. There was a minimal charge for the seminar that was conducted. This group also stated they initially took Geary in not only for his Lou Angel certificate but his 1st degree of Black Belt certificate from a Professor Nick Cerio of Rhode Island which I will discuss next.

It was a little more difficult for me to find answers in the Nick Cerio organization only because I did not know anyone from that group. My friend, however, put me in touch with a Shaolin Kenpo instructor who knew black belts in the Cerio organization. One is a high ranking black belt from the state of Rhode Island who was quite helpful. She stated that Geary was a student of Grand Master Charles Mattera's United Studios of Self Defense. At one time Mr. Cerio invested into this organization and was to be the headmaster and advisor tothe system and all the schools. He began to train Mr. Mattera (sic) and promoted him to 8th degree of Black Belt. Evidently, he was formerly a student and held the rank of 7th under Grand Master Frederick J. Villari of Shaolin Kenpo Karate. He was one of Mr. Villari's first students. This information has all checked out. After information that was provided in confidence to Nick Cerio, he resigned forthwith from Mattera'a organization.

My source is not positive but thinks Geary may have met Professor Cerio at one of the United Studio's seminars when both were affiliated with that organization. The rest sounds familiar. Geary begged and pleaded with Cerio to take him under his wing. Cerio, like Gascon felt sorry for him and took him in. She was not sure of Geary's rank with the Mattera group, it was green or brown. Geary convinced Cerio that the only way he could train under him was through video. He claimed to be destitute and was unable to afford to travel to Rhode Island for training. Mr. Cerio conceded to view Geary's personal training videos and failed him twice. According to my source, after a while, Cerio felt bad for Geary and finally passed him but barely, it was borderline if at all and Cerio noted in his books that Geary was an HONORARY Black Belt and put him on a probation period. Something happened along the way that my source was not privy to but Professor Cerio reconsidered Geary's promotion, asked for the certificate back and stated he did not make his probation and was reducing him to a more suitable rank under black belt. From what I was told Geary refused to send back the certificate but Cerio took immediate action. I confirmed this by going to the Nick Cerio website, checked his family tree and Geary cannot be found on it. Again, as in the Gascon case, she also told me Mr. Cerio recalled the Geary episode as an embarrassing mistake, did not like to talk about it and would never help anyone for rank by video again no matter what sad story they told him. She did not know of any rank fee as Geary has stated to be $250 but told me that she was tested in person by Professor Cerio during that time period and so wasn't another person she knew very well, the testing fee was $75 and one was a high ranking black belt. This was at his Warick (sic), Rhode Island school.

I originally started this investigation because I was curious to see if there was any merit to all of Geary's claims versus his detractors. I have 36 years in the arts this year and it sickens me when individuals carry on like this Geary character. In concluding the Gascon group told me that Geary begged, pleaded and haunted Professor Gascon for a 7th degree of Black Belt. One person told me he even offered a large sum of money. Mr. Gascon refused and would not even speak anymore to Geary even though Geary flew to Hawaii to see him. This is when Geary resigned from the Gascon organization. Another source tells me Geary then paid another individual a large sum of money for another certificate for 7th in kenpo and the honorable title of professor. I could not confirm that at the time of this post.
    Last edited by ChineseKenpo; 1/17/2006 10:56am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 12:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Update

I just confirmed that during the early to mid 90's, Mr. Cerio did not have one set fee for black belt testing. I was told that fees had ranged anywhere from $75 to $150, reason being whether the candidate was a private sudent of Cerio's, a student of one of his black belts , a student from another instructor, for instance Mr. Villari who was Cerio's former student or two members from the same family would receive a discount. All tests were given by Mr. Cerio in person. I was also told those were the fees that they knew of and it was possible Cerio could have had a higher testing fee for some for various reasons or a lower one for that matter but everything was done by him in person and he video taped all the tests during this period. They know of no training and ranking by home video at all and the first time they heard something like that was from Geary's websites. They were very skeptical of Geary's claims.

I attempted to confirm Geary's other rank of 7th degree and professor title and was told it was from the Hawaiian Martial Arts International Society. It was, again, a recognition of rank although the certificate stated promotion. A member of this Society related to me that they have only one format on rank certificates, however, the certificate of 7th was awarded to Geary who already had a 7th from Mr. Angel. I inquired about the professorship. I was told that the title of professor in their organization starts at 7th degree of Black Belt. Geary misleads people in believing that the title was bestowed upon him independant of rank, not so. He does this on his website with his defunct Cerio rank. My source within the Cerio group told me that Geary is misleading when he states that Professor Nick Cerio recognized him as a Sensei back then. She stated that Mr. Cerio believed in the use of Japanese titles and that any black belt instructor who was not awarded a title was acknowledged as a Sensei by him to keep with proper school protocol. Geary was not singled out for this as he would like everyone to believe. Mr. Cerio only tested and bestowed one title in his organization according to my source and this was very, very limited, it was the honorable title of Shihan (Master). She said there was a line on all of Cerio's dan rank certificates, to be recognized as, and he would write either Sensei or Shihan. She said he could test and promote you to 5th, 6th or even higher and only recognize you as a Sensei if that was his judgement. Only the shihan title was independant of rank. This PROFESSOR Geary is right out of a comic book!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 1:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Christopher Geary

I just received the below posted e-mail from my Rhode Island source where Senior Grand Master S. George Pesare resides. I questioned the thousands of dollars and stolen money reference to my source and was told that was in regards to the Hawaiian Maritial Arts International Society in which Geary was inducted into their Hall of Fame. I was told he sent in a large sum of money of an unknown amount to Professor Jaimie Abregana, head of this organization. The money was for a banquet and awards night. The affair had to be cancelled because there was a burglary of Mr. Abregana's home and all the money was stolen. All those who paid in full were never reimbursed and many were very bitter over the incident.

My source also stated that some say Mr. Abregana is the nephew of H. Victor Gascon but this proved to be false. I checked with my friend who has connections to the Gascon group and he told me Mr. Gascon is known as uncle to many in Hawaii as a term of endearment and respect, no blood or marriage relationship. Mr. Gascon knows Mr. Abregana and gets along quite well with him. I was also told that like Mr. Angel, Mr. Abregana is a renowned and highly skilled martial artist in Hawaii with an excellent reputation as an instructor and fighter and feel he was just another mislead by Geary's b.s. and his embellished (an understatement) credentials. I know what many may be thinking so I asked about suspicions of the stolen money. I was told this would be totally out of character of Mr. Abregana.

WHERE CAN I START, LET US START HERE

DECEIT DOES NOT EXIST IN ZEN

I STARTED TEACHING BEFORE MOST PEOPLE IN THE MARTIAL ARTS WERE BORN AND I HAVE HEARD OVER AND OVER AGAIN ABOUT THE CAMARADERIE THAT MARTIAL ART TEACHERS SHOULD HAVE IN THE MARTIAL ARTS, IN 75 PER CENT OF PEOPLE I HAVE MET IN THE MARTIAL ARTS, THIS DOES NOT EXIST, THEY TALK NICE TO EACH OTHER, THEN KNOCK EACH OTHER.

THEN YOU HAVE THOSE WHO FISH FOR RANK, AND SELL THEIR SOULS FOR RANK TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THEY ARE SOULLESS. EXAMPLE CHRIS GEARY OUT OF OMAHA, NEBRASKA, FISHED FOR RANK FROM HAWAII, THEN WAS REELED IN AND RECEIVED NOTHING FOR THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS HE SPENT AND HE STILL TRAVELED TO HAWAII AND (WALKING EAGLE) DID NOT RETURN HIS CALLS. BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY ALL THE MONEY WAS STOLEN,IT IS SAD THAT TEACHERS IN AMERICA KENPO/KEMPO ARE SOULLESS.

THEN THEIR IS THE INDIVDUAL WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THE MARTIAL ARTS BUT CONDUCTS A BUSINESS TO SUPPLY UNIFORMS, ETC. TO SCHOOLS IN THE MARTIAL ARTS IN MASSACHUSETTS NOW THIS (WALKING EAGLE) LISTENS TO PEOPLE WHO DO BUSINESS WITH HIM, MOAN AND GROAN ABOUT OTHER TEACHERS IN THE AREA, SO HE TAKES A BIT OF INFORMATION HERE AND A BIT OF INFORMATION THEIR.

NOW THIS INDIVIDUAL KNOCKS OTHER TEACHERS INCLUDING MYSELF, BUT IN A RECENT ISSUE LIED ABOUT WHAT PROFESSOR STEVE NUGENT SAID TO HIM, THIS PERSON DID NOT BELEIVE IT WOULD BE EXPOSED, BUT IT WAS AND HE WAS EXPOSED. HOW MANY OTHER TIMES DID HE LIE ABOUT SOMEONE.

I NEED TO CAUTION YOU PEOPLE WHO DO BUSINESS WITH HIM AND MOAN AND GROAN TO HIM, WHEN YOU WALK OUT OF HIS BUSINESS HE TALKS ABOUT YOU.. THINK ABOUT IT....

DECEIT DOES NOT EXIST IN ZEN

Senior Grandmaster S. George Pesare selected and summoned Men and Women KNIGHTS of talent, in order
    to prepare themselves for any contingency against those who would betray us from within..
    ~~~~~1960-2005~~~~~
    SIMEONE GEORGE PESARE
    FOUNDER OF KEMPO/KENPO KARATE IN NEW ENGLAND
    WHO DEVELOPED THE 5, 6, AND 7th PINAN

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 7:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Geary axed from Gascon Family Tree

I just received an e-mail stating that Christopher Geary has been officially removed from the Gascon Family Tree. I went to their website with the link provided, checked the tree and can confirm this e-mail. I also found this:

A Special Message from the Executive Board regarding Christopher Geary is forthcoming. Please check back soon.

I will post the link.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 7:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Link

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 10:54pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interestingly enough, this wouldn't be the first young uber black belt in Nebraska, or Omaha, to be shown to be presenting potentially fraudulent credentials.

Mark Gablowski (sp?) was allegedly a teacher of the Teoul Moon school of Korean kung fu. Their organization HQ is here in Seoul, and they are a legit wushu-esque tradition. Gablowski, however, was enough of a thorn in their side that the HQ put up a webpage on their site devoted just to him, denouncing his actions and officially ousting him from their organization.

Further, prior to Gablowski's opening of a school in Bellevue, my teacher was the only kung fu teacher in town. Gablowski played nice, borrowed some videos from our teacher of some of our forms, and shortly thereafter his students began wearing "rank" sashes in the same colors as our school, and miraculously began doing (poorly) the same forms that were on the videos (which weren't a part of Teoul Moon instruction).

There's also the tale of the Burns (sp?) brothers who left the ATA somewhere around 4th dan (as the story goes; I got it second hand) and opened their own school in West Omaha as 8th and 9th dans. Eventually one brother died, and the other brother kept on truckin', and is now a high ranking member of some soke-dokey association.

There was another kung fu guy, come to think of it, that also opened a school in West Omaha (in the shopping center across from Albertson's on 108th and Q, for those that know Omaha). He didn't actually wear a uniform in class; instead he sat in a chair elevated from the main floor on a makeshift dais, and while in slack, shirt and tie, barked out commands for his students to follow... He didn't last, either.

Or the fresh-faced kid from Fremont with a background in TKD, Hapkido, and some Korean weapons art (think Korean kobudo), who opened his very own Ninjer academy on 108th and Arbor back in '86 or so. Can anyone name him? ;)

Maybe folks think that since Nebraska is so far out in the boonies (which it isn't, but non-Nebraskans seem to think so; Omaha is a HUGE city) they can get away with whatever they like...

How's that song by Queen go again? "And another one bites the dust...?"
    Last edited by Matt Stone; 1/17/2006 11:09pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting, it is refreshing to see the Gascon group is taking full responsibility and in the process, taking steps to prevent such occurences in the future. I found this on their website. Salute!

NOTICE TO ALL KGS BBS STATE REPRESENTATIVES

Effective immediately the KGS BBS will submit membership applications to you for approval. Great Grandmaster Gascon will have the final say. Any KGS BBS State Representative that can show good cause to deny membership to applicants will have the chance to do so before acceptance. Members from said states or other states must submit in writing your concerns about applicants to the KGS BBS State Reprentative.

The KGS BBS State Representative along with the Executive Board will review applicantations and approve or deny. All members under each State should be given notice to review applicant names. We will post an application pending page so all members can see and report to the State Rep. any information they have on applicants good or bad.

There have been some regrettable mistakes made by the executive board in the past; we are working at making the enrollment process a shared process between members and the Executive Board. We are only human, and always try to look at each individual in a positive light. However we feel keeping the State Rep's and members involved will help the organization maintain our standards.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 2:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    Interestingly enough, this wouldn't be the first young uber black belt in Nebraska, or Omaha, to be shown to be presenting potentially fraudulent credentials.
    What saddens me about this is at one time, Omaha had one of the major military judo clubs.

At least, that's what I gather about judo at Offutt AFB, shortly after WWII - see http://www.ijf.org/corner/qCornerVie...Code=DJ&Idx=42

Now, the Offutt club is just limping along, as are the other judo clubs in the area - at least as compared to this guys business.
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast