--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tucson Muay Thai

I trust forums a lot. I've been around forums all through my teens, and I get some of the best quality information you can find on them, because some of the best quality sources are on forums. So I didn't want to keep researching to find a Muay Thai gym in Tucson; "John" banks on me believing his gym is high quality, where "Steve" will tell me straight up that its subpar. But Steve's income isn't dependent on misleading me, as John goes the distance to get my 12 month contract. There are fishing hooks on the grapevine.

So this is a shot in the dark - but I am sincerely giving and prepared to continue to give my best effort to getting the answer to this question - does anyone who know what the best Muay Thai gym/gyms in Tucson is/are? Best, being the farthest from McDojo and the closest to vanguard. Or can anyone direct me to where I could get that information (a better thread to post this, a thread that contains relevant information, etc)? I'm new to Tucson so my networking resources wouldn't be reliable.

Cool,
    Johnson

Style
    Kendo, Krotty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly you're kinda outta luck for as far as Muay Thai is concerned in Tucson. Your best bet would probably be one of the MMA gyms with a kickboxing trainer, like Mitts & Mats or Apex.

Definitely avoid Elite Krue though, as they stink of the bullshit.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you. I'm checking those out, and I've also heard about a place called Undisputed that I'm taking a look at.(?)

Style
    Kendo, Krotty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Undisputed always struck me as being more a fitness center than a dedicated fighting gym, but I think a few of their guys have fought in Rage in the Cage, so they might be decent, though possibly overpriced. I never bothered to check them out beyond google and staring at their centers.

Also there's Aaron Haynes, who teaches at Northside BJJ and claims to be a Thai Boxing Association certified instructor, though I can't seem to verify it. Considering that Drew Fickett seems to be teaching there now as well, it might be worth a look.

Style
    beginner muay thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi my name is Chance,
    I am a beginner muay thai fighter. I am searching for a muay thai gym or instructor in Tucson. I was told by a friend from muay thai of hollywood, california that there is a muay thai instructor in Tucson, AZ, aka Johnny Knight supposedly an ex-muay thai fighter. He says if he is still training or willing to train me would be worth my while. Does any one know Kru Johnny Knight, or does any one have a good muay thai gym suggestion in Tucson.
    Thank you in advance

Style
    Kendo, Krotty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.nsbjj.com/

Again, Northside BJJ, which has a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 to 8:00 instructed by Aaron Haynes of the Thai Boxing Association is probably your best bet, as I haven't heard of any other not-complete bullshit Muay Thai schools here.

Style
    Mauy Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Johnny knight

[QUOTE=ccraddock;2570311]Hi my name is Chance,
    I am a beginner muay thai fighter. I am searching for a muay thai gym or instructor in Tucson. I was told by a friend from muay thai of hollywood, california that there is a muay thai instructor in Tucson, AZ, aka Johnny Knight supposedly an ex-muay thai fighter. He says if he is still training or willing to train me would be worth my while. Does any one know Kru Johnny Knight, or does any one have a good muay thai gym suggestion in Tucson.
    Thank you in advance[/QUOTE
    I know Johnny and train with him email me [email protected]

Style
    beginner muay thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi again. First of all I would like to thank Bullshido.net forum for helping me find the Muay Thai trainer in Tucson, AZ. I would also like to thank Steve or ID Ongbak for replying to my post. There is a Muay Thai Trainer in Tucson, he only trains in Muay Thai. Kru Johnny Knight trains Military Style Muay Thai for physical fitness and self-defense techiques. It is not the traditional sports Muay Thai that I am use to. It is no rule, more lethal, survival techniques. But, he will train the traditional sports Muay Thai if his students were interested in competing. To sum it up, I been training Muay Thai for a little over a year I still consider myself to be a beginner, after 3 sessions of training with Kru Johnny Knight and his students I really feel like a baby in Muay Thai. I learn so much in 3 days from Kru and he is just building my Muay Thai foundation that I thought I already had. I am excited an eager to learn more. I just want to let all the Muay Thai enthusiast in Tucson, that there is Gem of a Muay Thai trainer here in town if he is willing to train you. Thank you again bullshido.net, you guys rock!