218358 Bullies, 6131 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 91
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. sempaiman is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,454

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 10:17am


     Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO the main thing wrong with Boxing now are the promoters. They all have their stable and rarely have guys from same promoter fight. It takes years some time to get some guys to fight. I think government control (one boxing org instead of alphabet soup) would be a lot better for boxers and boxing fans. I think MMA will be seen as fringe sport for quite a while yet.
  2. meggaman7 is offline
    meggaman7's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa/Waikiki, HI
    Posts
    307

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 10:19am


     Style: Boxing, MMA/MT/BJJ n00b

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always thought that a boxing leage that only used MMA sized gloves would be interesting, but there are a more than few boxers that injure their hands even with the padding that 16 oz gloves and handwraps provide.
  3. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 10:46am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    IMO the main thing wrong with Boxing now are the promoters. They all have their stable and rarely have guys from same promoter fight. It takes years some time to get some guys to fight. I think government control (one boxing org instead of alphabet soup) would be a lot better for boxers and boxing fans. I think MMA will be seen as fringe sport for quite a while yet.

    Bingo
  4. Wataboxa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 10:47am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meggaman7
    I've always thought that a boxing leage that only used MMA sized gloves would be interesting, but there are a more than few boxers that injure their hands even with the padding that 16 oz gloves and handwraps provide.

    This is why MMA gloves will never work. Your hands are your ONLY weapons in boxing. Also, you must think of the number of fights these guys have had during the amateurs, then on to the pros..
  5. Wataboxa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 10:54am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    IMO the main thing wrong with Boxing now are the promoters. They all have their stable and rarely have guys from same promoter fight. It takes years some time to get some guys to fight. I think government control (one boxing org instead of alphabet soup) would be a lot better for boxers and boxing fans. I think MMA will be seen as fringe sport for quite a while yet.

    I will agree if you are speaking specifically about the Heavy Weight division but the lower weight divisions have been going to war for the past 5-6 years. There have been some superfights and Mayweather, De Lahoya getting it on in May is an example of the lower weight divisions putting on excellent matches.
  6. nastyned is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    66

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 11:09am


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think having 8 counts makes for a better spectacle as fights don't end as abruptly as some MMA fights do. I also think stand up fighting is more exciting to watch than wrestling so I don't think MMA will ever take over from boxing.
  7. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 11:28am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataboxa
    I will agree if you are speaking specifically about the Heavy Weight division but the lower weight divisions have been going to war for the past 5-6 years. There have been some superfights and Mayweather, De Lahoya getting it on in May is an example of the lower weight divisions putting on excellent matches.

    Yes but how many years has it taken fot this fight to finally happen?

    Too many, that's how many.
  8. M1K3 is offline
    M1K3's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,367

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 11:36am


     Style: submission grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nastyned
    I think having 8 counts makes for a better spectacle as fights don't end as abruptly as some MMA fights do. I also think stand up fighting is more exciting to watch than wrestling so I don't think MMA will ever take over from boxing.
    I like to watch striking better than wrestling also. IMHO 8 counts lead to more damage to boxers who have been hurt and then are given a chance to recover so they can take more damage. If a boxer was hurt bad enuff for the ref to step in then the fight should be over. I still think boxing could pick up some ideas from MMA. As I said earlier it would bring the sport back to its roots. Lighter gloves, less rounds, more action.
  9. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 11:47am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great fighters who "bring it" make great fights Standing or grappling

    Watch this

    [media]http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/karo%2Bvs%2B/video/x14qb7_nightmare-vs-heat-hl-by-vodkaholico[/media]

    http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/s...by-vodkaholico
  10. Wataboxa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    2/21/2007 11:51am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Yes but how many years has it taken fot this fight to finally happen?

    Too many, that's how many.

    Well you have to understand that during these years Mayweather was moving up in weight. Also, during this time Mayweather fought, Corrales, Judah, and Gotti. All worthy oppenents. De Lahoya has an impressive resume as well. Hopkins, Mayorga,Mosely and Trinidad. So, would I have liked to see this fight a couple of years ago? SURE!! However, both Boxers are just about perfect at their sport which, I believe makes the match perfect in timing.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.