Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 6:10pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the rear hand touching my cheek, but the front hand circling in front my chest, more pointing at the opponent's head. That way I can see fine, and have an "oh ****" hand to parry or cover with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 6:34pm

Style: not training currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed that my hand height is directly proportional to age and inversely proportional to my hand speed. ;)

I've never been overly fast with my hands or feet and I punch faster when I have my hands up. At my sloth like seed, I need every edge I can get.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 11:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do believe that chin level is the most conducive to technical punching, since all punches should could off the chin anyway.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 12:43pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah if you hold your hands too high, you won't be able to punch as fast, your opponent will have an easier time seeing when you intend to punch, because you will need to bring your hands down slightly before you begin forwars accelaration of the fist/arm. Assuming your opponent is your height of course.
    So holding them on your forehead is not so good if you want to be a fast puncher.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 3:16pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HackingYodel
    I noticed that my hand height is directly proportional to age and inversely proportional to my hand speed. ;)

I've never been overly fast with my hands or feet and I punch faster when I have my hands up. At my sloth like seed, I need every edge I can get.
    Isn't that a contradiction? You state that the your hand speed is inversely proportional to your hand height, yet you say you punch faster when your hands are up? Did I misread? Sorry if I seem picky, just a little confused here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 3:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks
    Isn't that a contradiction? You state that the your hand speed is inversely proportional to your hand height, yet you say you punch faster when your hands are up? Did I misread? Sorry if I seem picky, just a little confused here.
    No, it's my fault. I tend to oscillate between idiotic and incoherent depending on my caffeine content.

What I should have said is that I could keep my hands below the collarbone when I was younger and still had a modicum of seed. As I got older, and slower, I had to bring my hands up to chin level both for protection and for the technical boost to hand speed.

As I get older and slower, yeah it sucks, I have to be more technical and work harder to maintain the same level of skill (which is low, very, very low).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 4:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tend to keep my left hand up high and my right down lower, around my chest level. Keepin in mind I'm a southpaw.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorec
    I tend to keep my left hand up high and my right down lower, around my chest level. Keepin in mind I'm a southpaw.
    ^ I hate your kind.

:lol:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 7:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a lefty as well.

People circling into our power shots is one of the few breaks we get in life. It's a right handed world.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 8:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    South paws throw me off too, but the one cool thing about them is they are far more exposed to my right leg kick :)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast