Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 9:53pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HackingYodel
    I was stunned to hear such a high estimated price. Kel-Tec has always equaled lowish prices in my mind.

Considering that you can get a proven reliable and accurate SOCOM 16 for around $1,500 or a Mforgery for less than that, I'd guess that the RFB will have to come way down to sell much.

[flagrant jocking] Don, I just realized that you were the very same Don Gwinn from The High Road. I haven't been over there much lately, but mods like you and 1911Tuner ROCK! I learned a lot from you guys over there and I glad we have you on here. [/flagrant jocking]
    It's a unique weapon, and a bullpup to boot so it has to be pretty complicated to manufacture, lots of moving parts. I have to see it field tested before I can smile about this. If it works as advertised though, wow.

No more hot brass going down the back of my shirt:icon_bigg

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 9:56pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    We should have a THR/Bullshido Throwdown/Shootup.

Throwup?
    In Norwich Connecticut we have access to a totally private range, but its better for pistol then rifle. However if your willing to cross a stream we can get targets out to the 100+ yard range.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 10:22pm

Style: not training currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We should have a THR/Bullshido Throwdown/Shootup.

Throwup?
    I've always wanted to checkout the Machine Gun Shoot at Knob Creek Gun Range here in Kentucky. I would be happy to look into some mat time in the surrounding areas if others are interested in such a.... uh "Throwup". (I'm over 200 miles from the range, so it may take a bit of time -- October anyone?)

Here is a link to some information: http://www.knobcreekrange.com/shootinfo.htm

Do note the bullet points:
    # Machine gun rentals available Saturday and Sunday on the lower range
    # Flamethrower rentals available Friday, Saturday & Sunday

That's got to be a bonus for any event.
    Seriously, how many times have you thought "this would be more fun if I had a machine gun/flamethrower...", be honest. :)

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 10:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HackingYodel

Here is a link to some information: http://www.knobcreekrange.com/shootinfo.htm

Do note the bullet points:
    # Machine gun rentals available Saturday and Sunday on the lower range
    # Flamethrower rentals available Friday, Saturday & Sunday

That's got to be a bonus for any event.
    Seriously, how many times have you thought "this would be more fun if I had a machine gun/flamethrower...", be honest. :)

I had this thought tonight actually . I was totally like ... dude... if I had a flame thrower ... this god fucked taco would not have lettuce on it .

So yeah I may be down for it .

On Topic Edit
    as for the Kel-Tec RFB 7.62 ... how is that classified ? Could I conceivably hunt with it ?

Those deer around here are crafty and hardcore into home invasion since the Dems are trying to take our guns .

Well not really ... but a friend of my mine did wake up after this past weekend long party with one his neighboors cows happily munching away at random **** ( wicker furniture , verticle blinds , rugs etc ) in the "florida room" .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 2/25/2007 11:08pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 11:08pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was hard, 1/2 way through the first clip.

7.62 - round of choice....

make my day

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 11:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to go against the grain and raise some concerns with this weapon and Kel-Tec in general.

With the weapon:

1) The frontal ejection port seemed to eject doubles and eject unevenly. This to me suggests that there may be ejection problems or jams in less than ideal condition or that the overall mechanism might need some work.

2) The mag switch was 2 motion: Up and then in and back. less than ideal.

With Kel-Tec

A friend of mine had a Kel-Tec 5.56mm rifle. It was the kind with where the plastic barrel furnatiture could be unhooked and turned into a bipod. It turned into a gimmick that broke after a few months of light to intermittent use. He wound up selling the gun. The amount of plastic and the lack of a good solid but for head smashy-smashy also scared me away. But thats my bias more than something thats an actual reason for anything.

Just wanted to raise some dissenting concerns

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 6:52pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also had my reservations about the pricing as there are already HIGHLY regarded .308s that sell for less. Im hoping that is just a pre-production prespeculation price and that once machinery gets tooled up that the price will drop to the 1000 or less realm. Cant say id pay more than 1200 for it. KelTec has always impressed me with their customer service though so Kudos for them

On the ejection thing. The F2000 uses a similar method and has yet to receive complaints but should the design encourage jamming (which i dont believe it will) it will be revealed VERY soon upon this things release.

edit- I like how it doesnt beat the ever living shiat out of spent brass like my G-3 clone does.

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 7:26pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the magazine action isn't any worse than the most common assault rifle on the planet, so it could be worse.

Of everything on the Kalashnikov style rifle, the magazine is the thing I hate most compared to the M-16 I carried on active duty.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 10:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the magazine action isn't any worse than the most common assault rifle on the planet, so it could be worse.

Of everything on the Kalashnikov style rifle, the magazine is the thing I hate most compared to the M-16 I carried on active duty.
    Cant say I dont agree with you entirely... The switch for me just from SKS to AK-47 style mags was a big leap forward but still less than ideal.

However when I was watch the guy, who was prolly super trained and very familiar with the gun (being as he's The Factory Guy (tm))and doing it on camera with multiple takes, I got to thinking how hard that swap might be for me the first 1,000 times....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 7:46am

Style: Mixed grappling & fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa
    The frontal ejection port seemed to eject doubles and eject unevenly. This to me suggests that there may be ejection problems or jams in less than ideal condition or that the overall mechanism might need some work.
    This was honestly one of the first things I noticed, too -- I would definitely like to know exactly how the shells fall or are pushed into the port. I also wonder how difficult a jam might be to rectify. It looks like they must be ejected a tad far back there if it'll hold a few empties before they start falling out.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast