3/06/2007 1:28am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ
    Yes, you are a freak. Now go string your bow and stfu
    different character
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 10:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: San Shou Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when fightin boxers two fings that worked well for me were
    1. instead of just catching the jab, move forward so that it hasnt yet fully extended when u catch it. this helps if the person jabbing has a longer reach than you as you are now closer for the counter punch
    2. if somebody is continuously jabbing to ur head and catchin u, teach urself to duck! it might sound a bit awkward but if u time it right u can duck and move forwards close enough to make a leading hand hook to the head or body.. this also puts you in close enough for some great combos... but timing is everything!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2007 12:03am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kohadril
    Honestly, having just started to watch MMA, and having very limited experience doing standup: boxers suck. And I mean that as in: don't fight boxers, because they will kill you. They are faster than you, they have great instincts, they hit HARD, and their conditioning is superb. So, my advice is not to fight them unless they suck at avoiding takedowns and you're fighting MMA rules.

I think this pretty much sums it up.

For me, being boxer-only, I know that I have as much ability at ground fighting as a grappler trying to box. I seriously don't think I'll ever participate in a match that isnt boxing rules. I don't have much of a chance that way.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/18/2007 7:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In response to the original poster's query, I believe boxers often use something called a headache bag. If I recall correctly, it's a small bag with two elastic strings at the top and bottom ends of it. These strings are attached to hooks on the ceiling and the floor respectively and the bag serves as the target. When one punches the bag it goes off in any direction and comes right back at you at odd angles. This is supposed to get your accuracy up when dealing with moving targets.

A friend of mine did this with a tennis ball he attached to a couple of elastic bands. I still have a hard time hitting the tennis ball consistently and have often thought of replicating the contraption myself, but I procrastinate, for some reason.
    Last edited by brokenclavicle; 4/18/2007 7:06pm at .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345