Posted On:
    2/19/2007 11:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    p.s.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Most hip throws involve you keeping contact through the arm even after the throw. And traditional japanes jiu-jitsu teaches to keep them close and follow up with something nice like a stomping kick to the mid section

being a nice guy I know a standing arm lock thats good to use on someone lying in front of you.
    This reminded me that I don't think the BJJ dude was doing it to be mean. I think we was just trying to transition directly from the throw to the pin. Something like this:

It was only a one semester Judo class but that was the first pin he (the teacher) taught us and if you were to stand up up, that is roughly the hold he had on me for the thow. Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't his shoulder in my ribs. Anyways, something along the lines of that pic. Throw + pin.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 12:20am

Style: Xing-Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, ok, I guess I wont play the Devil's Advocate anymore...

Was just stirring conversation...

I will no longer make a post unless it is what I believe.

Good Evening Ladies and Germs...

Tough room...

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 12:30am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just pretend we said it to someone who actually DOES have that opinion and dry your eyes.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 3:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Just pretend we said it to someone who actually DOES have that opinion and dry your eyes.
    Or what, I will have to eat a James Bond Hip Throw Judo Chop?

Re-reading, yeah, gonna have to change the ole stance...

In my yonger days, I worked as a bouncer. Yes, I had my "I am a tough guy" phase myself.

Watchin the folks try all this in a bar/club was some of the funniest **** you would ever see.

Fucking hip tosses, are you guys insane?

What was the other gem, Oh, : Throw them to the ground and soccer kick em.

No, I am gonna stand by my original statements started as converstaion and say that it is no better then point fighters, opinions from people who have never been in an altercation ever. I am not insulting the fact if you have never been in a fight outside of school yard rules. But sure as hell dont try to sell it as "I am from the streets" **** either...

Fucking hip throws...

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 4:08am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH MAN YOU WORKED AS A BOUNCER HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU HEADBUTT IN ONE SHIFT?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 4:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHAHA!!

No, see I am the ONLY person on this board that has actually HAD his ass kicked. More than once. Lost 2 teeth, scar below my right eye, 2 scars on my head from bottles, both sides of my collarbone broke, 2 fingers broken, 2 ribs broken, a 6 inch scar on the left side of my (now expanding) gut from a knife, 3 inch scar behind my left ear where it was almost ripped off, nose broken a handful of times, right forearm fractured.

Any of this bouncin? 1 bottle, 1 nose.

See, unlike ANYONE else it seems, I have had my ass kicked. Cause i was a pretty stupid kid in my "tough guy" phase.

And in every time I have had my ass kicked, guess what I was most worried about?

Fucking Hip Throws. Yep, that is right, hip throws.

It is bullshit talk from people that think ring time is real **** and proof that what they have "works". And not a SINGLE one has EVERY been in place where their ass has been kicked.

And the worst thing is you hear this **** like hip throws and throw em down and kick em and all it does show is that they have never been in that type of situation.

Again, I am not some tough guy. I had my time where I thought I was. I grew out of it. Everyone else on this board will too.

You wanna go test your cute hip throws? Go test em. Go someplace where you can be hated, bring a few hip tossin buddies. Then start the fight. And when you get your ass kicked, come back and tell me ALLLLL about the way you throw them to the ground and kick them.

You wanna talk about how awesome the hip tosses are in the realm of the mat? Great, I wont argue at all.

But dont pretend for one second on this board or anywhere else that it goes pasted that talking about throwing someone to the ground and kicking them soccer style. You dont sound knowledgeable, you sound like a wanna be tough guy who doesnt have 1 clue.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 8:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're correct. You don't know what your talking about.

Manny people here have been in altercations. I can give anictdotes, I have seen a hip toss in a bar that ended the fight. I have - believe it or not pulled guard to keep from seriously getting my ass kicked (still got my ass kicked but avoided real damage because of it)

Anecdotes however are gay they neither prove nor disprove anything. Everyone brings them up. Aikido works because.,... Aikido doesn't work because.... WC works because.... WC doesn't work because.... so on and so forth.

So on and so forth.

The point was that grapplers / throwers have other options than following someone to the ground and going for a choke.

And comparing a judoka to a point fighter is gay and fallaceous. A karate point fighter assumes in self defense situation that they can punch someone in the face hard, which if all they do is Karate point fighting, is something they never do.

A Judoka assumes in a self defense situation that he or she can throw someone hard, (hip toss O Soto or whatever) and since that's what they practice and do against 100% resistant opponents their ratio of success in a bar or SD situation is a much, much higher.

Now would they stomp someone after throwing them? Depends on the person. But it's not hard to do after you've thrown the person and the point is the option is there.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 8:20am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhomp
    Or what, I will have to eat a James Bond Hip Throw Judo Chop?

Re-reading, yeah, gonna have to change the ole stance...

In my yonger days, I worked as a bouncer. Yes, I had my "I am a tough guy" phase myself.

Watchin the folks try all this in a bar/club was some of the funniest **** you would ever see.

Fucking hip tosses, are you guys insane?

What was the other gem, Oh, : Throw them to the ground and soccer kick em.

No, I am gonna stand by my original statements started as converstaion and say that it is no better then point fighters, opinions from people who have never been in an altercation ever. I am not insulting the fact if you have never been in a fight outside of school yard rules. But sure as hell dont try to sell it as "I am from the streets" **** either...

Fucking hip throws...
    Yes fucking hip throws. I've been at the receiving end of them, and I've put them into use... all in real life... and I come from a place where people get gutted on a regular basis. The fact that people try them in altercations does not mean they know what the **** they are doing anyways. It is funny as **** and as much as the folks who bring their hands up trying to look like boxers just to throw wild, circular punches.

So please spare us your sanctimonius "bah". We explained to you in detail why your analogy sucked. You wanna take it personal, then whatever dude. Keep believing what you want. :bduh:

-- EDIT --

As Goju mentioned, most everyone here have been in physical altercations. I have myself, but anectodes are ghay and prove nothing.

But for you to believe you have been the only person who's had a real fight is stupid. In fact, I'll take that as evidence that you are just making up ****.

And as for your "I was a bouncer, blah, blah", news flash for you Mr. Former Bouncer. We have former and active bouncers, law officers and members of the military in this website as well, with real life experience, some of it documented beyond annecdotes typed over the internet.

Believe what you want, and keep typing.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 2/20/2007 8:25am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 9:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe

... and fallaceous. ....
    he....he.....hehe.....

He said "fallaceous". :la:
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 9:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    he....he.....hehe.....