Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 9:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, MT, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hybrid Martial Arts

I can't say much about the school yet as I'm just starting. From what I've heard they have an excellent program. Most importantly to me is all the instructors are real deal. I will be able to say more later.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 10:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 10:41am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not trying to be a dick here dude, but those were perhaps the most uninformative reviews I've ever seen. Maybe you should read through some of the other reviews and take some pointers.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 8:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't say much about the current one because I'm just starting.
    The Bujinkan was like I said 15 years ago so I'm assuming a lot has peobably changed scince then.
    As far as the most recent school I will see what I can add after reading some others and getting some pointers.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 9:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you just go to the website for this one it is very informative.

Gus Carper is over the Judo class. Gus is a 7th degree Blackbelt in Judo and 5th degree Black Belt in japanese jiu jitsu. He has been teaching for over 50 years, and has been placed in the Blackbelt Hall of Fame. He left a strong impression on me when I met him. He was very humble.

Dennis Hayse is over the BJJ class. Dennis is a Brown belt in BJJ under Pedro Sauer and a 2nd degree blackbelt in Judo under Gus. He is 5-2 in MMA & is the former ELITE VALE TUDO lightweight champion Elite Combat Challenge middleweight champion.

Tim Rumfelt is over the Muay Thai class. Tim is the director of the Thai Boxing program. He is a black belt in American Freestyle Karate, a level 2 Muay Thai instructor under Master Chai, & is also a purple belt in BJJ under Pedro Sauer.

There is a large training area with a class going on every night except for Friday. They have had several fighters come out of there. And I believe one of them just turned pro.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 10:40pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't trying to bash you or anything. Just making a suggestion. Seems like an awesome place to train, just not a lot of info in the rating, that's all. And before anybody says anything, I don't think my gym needs to be rated on here because it is mostly just a room in a rec. center.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 11:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your right it was a piss poor review. In the last 5 days I have quit drinking and dipping and got a bad sinus infection. So my brain is not working to good. I'm real excited about Hybrid. Where I live is a small town with not alot going on. So I am blessed to have some real deal instruction at about 15min. from my house. I will add some more later as I train there.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 3:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hybrid is a great place to get any type of MMA, BJJ or the closest you can get to muay thai training within that area (although I think just recently they opened uo a BJJ school by Radford University). I've trained there for about 3 weeks or so (just b/c I was stopping in town to vist my family and wanted to workout) and I have to say that Dennis is a good instructor. His teaching methods are very broken down and nuturing with lots of live situational drills and open mat time. Tim is also a decent Muay thai teacher eventhough I'm not really sure of his experience and credentials in muay thai, I do know that he does show competency in the drills and techniques.

The training center is about 4000sq ft consisting of the main training room that is of course matted and with a large panel mirror (for shadow boxing or vanity reasons for some people) with lost of training gear like thai pads, focus mitts and if I'm correct title 14oz boxing gloves and Hunter 4.5oz MMA gloves already there readily available if you don't have your own gear, a smaller room adjoined with if I can remember correctly with a thai-bag and a smaller heavy bag and maybe a speed bag and platform. There's also a locker room with duh lockers and shower available. There may not be any worldwide recognized fighters training out of this small gym, but the tops guys at Hybrid are tough guys and have fought locally and have a good track record so far. So if you live within the area and wanna train MMA/BJJ I would def suggest you stop by there and give it a go. Hope this review helps out in any way.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 12:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for adding to the review. I had planned on having a few classes in by now but got sick.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 3:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No prob man my familia lives like 5 min away from there and I had a fun time training there. Just trying to help out in any way so we can keep the people from entering some of the crap Mcdojos around the area and get some real training.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast