Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 7:52pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I know what you mean. This guy just seemed like a special case.
    I suppose it all depends on the person.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 7:56pm

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a few people in my enshin club that are just not that great at fighting.

The one kid is uncoordinated, tires, easily, does not fully grasp the the techniques, I kinda coach him along. I am not that good so all I can tell him is to be tougher and I try to get him to use more techniques.

The woman came from another krotty style but she is coordinated enough. I just plod forward occasionally throwing punches but just constantly moving froward and eating everything she throws. I try to get her to hit me a little harder.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 8:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsobrien
    The woman came from another krotty style but she is coordinated enough. I just plod forward occasionally throwing punches but just constantly moving froward and eating everything she throws. I try to get her to hit me a little harder.
    That's cause you are evil.

I used to do something similar, this is what ended up making me coach during these types o f matches.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 8:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    I'm not syre how I feel about this. There's one guy who trains with us who has always been really gun shy. We'd all go pretty easy on him, throw lightly, work on just defense, basically all the other things mentioned. He never seemed to get better. One day, I finally got aggravated and just laid into his forehead. He seemed surprised that he got hit hard, but he was even more surprised that he could take it. Ever since, we haven't been going as easy with him. We don't pummel him mercilessly but, we still hit him with a few good shots every round. He seems to have progressed a lot. It was like it gave him some confidence that he could take it and it didn't hurt as much as he thought it would. This worked for this dude, but I wouldn't say it was for everybody. I guess we all learn differently.

Knowing that you can take a hard hit and keep going is one of the most important things hard sparring can teach you.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 8:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boy I wish I had some good input on this subject, but I suck at sparring with people that can't take a hit. I'm too used to sparring with Kat, where I have to desperately shoot in techniques as quick as I see them, which results in me hitting harder than I intend.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 8:47pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing I like to do, in addition to the good things already mentioned here, is to throw a combo or technique over and over again to get them to learn to defend against that particular technique. For example, if I keep tagging them with an overhand right after they throw a jab, it teaches them to bring the hand back fast enough so that they won't get countered.

If they get caught by it 3 times, then I verbally tell them what I'm doing and offer a solution. Then I do it again and hope they can at least try to apply that quick lesson.

Of course, the overhand right isn't knocking them out, but it's making contact enough that they get the message - GET YOUR HAND BACK.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 8:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judah Maccabee
    One thing I like to do, in addition to the good things already mentioned here, is to throw a combo or technique over and over again to get them to learn to defend against that particular technique. For example, if I keep tagging them with an overhand right after they throw a jab, it teaches them to bring the hand back fast enough so that they won't get countered.

If they get caught by it 3 times, then I verbally tell them what I'm doing and offer a solution. Then I do it again and hope they can at least try to apply that quick lesson.

Of course, the overhand right isn't knocking them out, but it's making contact enough that they get the message - GET YOUR HAND BACK.
    Yes good point.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 9:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Boy I wish I had some good input on this subject, but I suck at sparring with people that can't take a hit.
    Yeah, it's one of my issues. My game falls apart pretty quickly when I have to tone it down too much. I end up with some pretty bad habits, like my hands being down and head forward, because I get lazy when I go easy.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 9:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I seldom find anybody worse than me, but I use the opportunity to teach a bit.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just perform the form at the same slow spee-

Oh. Right.

I usually opened up a bit, relaxing my guard and strikes. This drew them in, and got them used to attacking. When they were more comfortable, I'd step up my strikes and blocks in speed and intensity. Over the course of a few weeks/months, they'd be more likely to put up a fight.

You still got the odd wallflower, but generally speaking it was just a matter of accustoming them to sparring with commitment.

Of course, I was never He Man, so...
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast