Pro MMA record: 3-1

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 1:15am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Christians should be discerning about practices such as acupuncture that have as yet no medical basis and "exercises" like Tai Chi that are designed based on spiritual beliefs hostile to Christ's claim to be the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). The fact that such a treatment may work is not a good enough reason for using it. Many things in the occult and mystical world seem to work. The standard for Christians in adopting a spiritually based idea or practice is not whether it works. We are admonished to "not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God..." (1 John 4:1a). These words should be taken to heart in regards to many other holistic and alternative treatments as well. The Tao claims to be the way but offers an undifferentiated whole where there are ultimately no distinctions between yin and yang, or between good and evil. Harmony is based on balancing yin and yang. However, true peace comes only through trusting Christ (John 14:27; Philippians 4:7). There is a Person, Jesus, not a principle or a philosophy, Who said He is the Way (John 14:6), the Way to God and to eternal life (John 5:24; 6:40). " - http://cana.userworld.com/cana_yinyang.html
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 1:20am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok I would like to keep this thread here so all jokes aside.... Tai chi HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!..... back to my last question.

Does previous windpipe, adams apple or throat injury make you more suceptable to chokes????
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 5:54am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a similar experience with some overzealous guy at a different Judo club. It all started out one day when Judo was scheduled at a different time, like one hour before on the regular day, so I went, and sensei had us all hop in his van to go to a different dojo, which normally means we're gonna get our asses kicked. It turns out we were going to a kids class at a fledgeling dojo that had just opened up 2 weeks before, just to help out the instructor. Thankfully, I barely knw anything, so I got to just sit back and watch most the night. There were 2 other people there near my age, one like 15-16 and the other probably in his late 20s or early 30s, and he was a green belt. Now ladies and gentleman, I'm a yellow belt, and I've been in Judo for about 7 months now, so I'm only a yellow belt because I didn't want to do my test. For some reasn, everytime I go anywhere, everyone wants to try their luck on me first, it's like I'm a tough dude attractor or something, so I end up learning a lot and usually faring well, if not even winning. The guy I'm up against doesn't have quite as much meat on him, but I can tell he's wiry, and ripped under his gi. I'm a svelt 180+ lbs, so I know I've got him on power, guestimating him at 140 lbs. The reason for this comparison and a continuation on the story:

Theres a break in the action where the students(between the ages of like 3 and 6) have to fight each other now, instead of us big kids. As I'm passing over to the other side of the room for a quick break and some gab-tastic mouth exercises, the green belt(note: dad of one of students being taught), taps my elbow, and follows me over(note: there's a brown belt in the room not teaching, duly passed over), then sits on the ground in guard, and tells me to get him in kesa-gatame, I comply, and he fights his way out through an uphill turn escape and gets me in said pin. Ok. I commend him, attempt to escape, and he says "your turn.". Ok, so he gets me in kesa-gatame and locks it in, and I mean locks it in, digging his head into my temple, so I fight and squirm, trying uphill turns escapes and rollovers, until resrting to a brutal quick power rollover to get me out, and then we're live grappling, and he's no letting me get him into a pin! I'm like, "WTF?" he was all talking about a drill, and he's being all matwork and ****, and I'm wanting to take it easy for the kiddy class. He's fighting me full fucking bore, and I manage a weak four corners hold when they call us back over.

A break in the action later he calls me over again, and warns me about his left leg, which has a torn meniscus, and he can't bend his leg too much. So he makes me do Kesa Gatame and this time I'm not letting the sunofabitch go without a fight. He uphill turns me, I fight for a pin, any pin or even choke since he tries one on me, he keeps trying to get me in his guard so he can crss choke me, and I'm not letting him have it, so I get out and throw him to the side in a desperate move to get back to a four corners hold, and he throws hmself back in time to get his left leg jammed clear indian style against him, and he wails like a little pansy because of it, stpping the class in it's tracks. Sensei has to pull him out of the way of the class to continue, and explains to him how to operate the overly complicated ACE bandage, since he doesn't know how, and has never tried ICEing it either. I didn't get injured, but he was sure one dumb sunofabitch.

The point is, don't work through injuries.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 12:05pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    .... Tai chi HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!.....
    Does previous windpipe, adams apple or throat injury make you more suceptable to chokes????
    Not sure.

It DOES make you more susceptible to Uncanny Chi Blasts, however . . .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 4:09pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    "Christians should be discerning about practices . . . and "exercises" like Tai Chi that are designed based on spiritual beliefs hostile to Christ's . . . The Tao claims to be the way but offers an undifferentiated whole where there are ultimately no distinctions between yin and yang, or between good and evil. (etc.)
    Grand Master Chen Zhenglei, in the latest issue of T'ai Chi magazine, says

"For some people, once "Taiji" is mentioned, they will immediately think of Wudang and Zhang Sanfeng.

Actually, Taiji and Bagua have nothing to do with Wudang Mountains. Some people mistake that, because Taoists use the Taiji diagram, and Taijiquan also uses the Taiji diagram, therefore Taijiquan came from the Taoists.

Just think, the Taiji diagram and Taiji culture, for how many years have they existed? They have been around for 5,000 to 6,000 years. They are our cultural heritage; anyone can use them. You can use them, I can use them; anyone can use them."

---And HE'S CHINESE, so THERE!

Also note, we DON'T owe the Taoists ANY ROYALTIES! Just like the Rolling Stones Lips.
    TOO LATE, ZHANG SANFENG!

As for that web site, they are obviously referencing the KING JAMES Edition (so called), of the Bible. They are therefore obviously all Freemasons, or witless tools of same; so their arguments are invalidated.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234