Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 4:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Trouble Sleeping

I recently started to finally lose my college weight and go to the gym again, and ever since the day I have started running and working out, I have not had a proper nights sleep. Minimal soreness, no exhaustion, I have been eating healthy, and drinking enough water, but I cant seem to fall asleep, and end up catching about 2 hours every morning, like from 4-6 and thats it.

I can not even sleep on my "rest days". Any advice to cure my insomnia? It has been going on for about 2 weeks already, and I am starting to hit the wall. Is it the training? It is not that intense or extreme, so I can not see it as that; what else could it be?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 4:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get up really early in the morning for a few days in a row.
    Don't eat before going to sleep.
    If you work out in the evening or afternoon, take a cool shower afterwards.
    Avoid caffeine if you can. At least in the evenings.
    Don't take naps during the day (bad habit I've developed during the school months).

When I need to sleep, I take a little codeine to take the edge off. A "222" is a regular aspirin, with 8mg of codeine (a T3 has 24 mg). Usually two takes me right out. Its behind the counter here in Canada, which means you have to ask the pharmascists for it, but no perscription.

Different aromatherapy's also can be good for sleeping.

Of all this, I've found that getting up really early usually works the best. Working at a golf course and getting up at 4am meant I couldn't stay up past 9pm if my life depended on it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 4:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    Get up really early in the morning for a few days in a row.
    Don't eat before going to sleep.
    If you work out in the evening or afternoon, take a cool shower afterwards.
    Avoid caffeine if you can. At least in the evenings.
    Don't take naps during the day (bad habit I've developed during the school months).

When I need to sleep, I take a little codeine to take the edge off. A "222" is a regular aspirin, with 8mg of codeine (a T3 has 24 mg). Usually two takes me right out. Its behind the counter here in Canada, which means you have to ask the pharmascists for it, but no perscription.

Different aromatherapy's also can be good for sleeping.

Of all this, I've found that getting up really early usually works the best. Working at a golf course and getting up at 4am meant I couldn't stay up past 9pm if my life depended on it.

I've been sleeping 2 hours a night for two weeks, early mornings are all i have. Only veggies and meat, and water. Take a cold shower after training already.

I do not really want to take pills unless it gets worse.

It could also be my internship, since I work with high school guidance counselors and realized the first day that its bullshit and I am just going to go to med school because social work jobs suck more then i though and i wanna be rich.

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 5:47am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Turkey: makes you sleepy

Hot showers: saps your energy

Yogurt and hot milk: takes the edge out, and saps your energy right before bed.

Deadlifts: require incredible energy

I have used a lot of different things to make myself go back to sleep. Nowadays, when I wake up, I do all of the above except deadlift. Instead, I grease the groove with short circuits of 3 pullups, 15 pushups, 15 twisting situps and 10 bulgarian split squats per leg while drinking warm milk and eating straight cold cuts after a hot shower until I'm tired enough to go back to sleep. Nothing too tiring or real hard, but a quick full body workout.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 9:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    turkey! will try

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: none, yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, too, have upped my workout schedule recently. All I can say is work out harder. I sleep like a baby now, because I'm consistently exhausted by the end of the day.

Oh, and I sleep more easily since I switched from the treadmill to the elipitical machine. My legs don't ache as much anymore.
    Last edited by Commodore Pipes; 2/16/2007 9:30am at . Reason: Because I left something out, because I don't think things through and make bad decisions. My mother was right. :(

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 9:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I good hard bout of sex

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: none, yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    I good hard bout of sex
    With yourself or a partner.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With Madam Palm and her five daughters
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 9:49am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Horlicks has nothing on a good hand-shandy
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast