Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you get a physio referral?
    I did, for all the good it does me at them moment. I'm supposed to be training with the TA this weekend but I can't get an appointment until monday. It's a little difficult to convince my JUO that I can't train when I can walk about fine. The difficult part is trying to get across the point that I can't run at all and so much as a small misstepp that causes my knee to twist could see me crashing to the ground with 20+kg worth of kit, making a large racket in the process and holding up the whole damn column.
    Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 7:05pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liffguard
    I did, for all the good it does me at them moment. I'm supposed to be training with the TA this weekend but I can't get an appointment until monday. It's a little difficult to convince my JUO that I can't train when I can walk about fine. The difficult part is trying to get across the point that I can't run at all and so much as a small misstepp that causes my knee to twist could see me crashing to the ground with 20+kg worth of kit, making a large racket in the process and holding up the whole damn column.
    Ask if you can just do some sniper practice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 11:43am

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liffguard
    . . . Since I can't even pick up proper weights I'm just doing bodyweight for the time being.
    Ooooh! Don't let MATT FUREY hear you say that! :qgreenjum

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    3/10/2007 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok so after 4 weeks of not training I decided to see a doctor. My shoulder had been getting better slowly but spurred on by people's advice I thought it best to get it checked out before re-starting BJJ. Luckily we have healthcare at work so I was seen and xrayed within half hour. Apparently my AC joint has ruptured the ligament that stretches over the shoulder joint. Because my shoulder didn't hurt when the doc played around with it he thinks it's nothing too bad and to give it 6 weeks from when I got it before training again and have an additional 6 weeks of physio as a precautionary measure and to build the strength back up. So I should be back at training in a couple of weeks :)
    I've already started swimming and weights (but being sure to miss out the heavy shoulder exercises for a while).
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234