Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 1:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only if you're dong it badly, much in the same way a badly executed single leg can leave you open to a guillotine.

Obliviously judo style throws need to be adapted for no-gi

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 3:05pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Only if you're dong it badly, much in the same way a badly executed single leg can leave you open to a guillotine.

Obliviously judo style throws need to be adapted for no-gi
    Right on both counts. Nice discussion.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 3:46pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    Shoulder or hip, you're vulnerable when you turn into him if he negates your hip..
    When someone tries to hip throw me, I favor the step around counter myself. That said, if someone has some snap in their hips, like many judoka do, my success rate at the counter goes down significantly despite the fact that I've used it for over twenty years.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 3:57pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gravious
    I have been a senior manager at two large multinational telcos since I started training. I have turned up to work with black eyes, fat lips, limping, bruised all over (t-shirts at work don't hide the bjj bruises on the arms) and a fractured eye socket (which really just looked like a bad black eye). I get some strange looks and people think I'm crazy, but it has never been an issue.

If your job entails working with customers all day long, I can understand it might be an issue if you regularly look messed up. If not, I think your peers and managers need to get the **** over it.

If you have kids and a mortgage etc you should have income protection insurance anyway. Make sure to declare that you do martial arts and that they are not excluded by the policy. Zurich had a good terms and conditions when I got mine.
    You're in Australia, correct? I hate to admit it, but we American's have gotten soft, it seems like whenever we need someone to look masculine in the movies, we have to hire one of you Aussie's and have them drop the accent. I think your culture maybe be more understanding than ours about getting physical, in general. Now, if you work in the blue collar fields here, that is a different story...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567