Thread: Hello all

Style
    Aikido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello all

Hi I've trained in Martial arts since I was 7. In and out of different ones over the years, I am 34 now. I stated that Aikido is my primary art, mainly because I have been doing alot of research, and I in no way an expert. I actually train in a traditional KungFU school, which was by invite only at someones home, but haven't been able to for 2 years do to school, work, and my new baby. Have been invited to join another school also not sure of the name, mainly because I cannot remember. But from my understanding it is Aikido and Aiki-Jitsu based.
    Well I come from the NW of the USA. I am working on getting my RN (Registered Nurse), I am currently a nurse in a Prison. before that I was a Psych Aide. I also bounced for 12 years from 20-32. Still do it some on the side. Not sure whatelse to say. Thanks though all.

SumoJoe

BJJbot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BULL RUSH ON SumoJoe!!!

Style
    Rehab
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I entered this thread seduced by the promising username 'sumo Joe'. I am disappointed.

However, welcome to Bullshido.

Style
    Wing Chun, Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im still waiting for an actual sumo wrestler to register...

Style
    Rehab
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was an awesome show on british TV recently called 'Strictly Lady Sumo'. Big girls with big hearts, great show. They went to Japan for the world champs and one of them got a silver.

There were some awesome, if brief fights, involving huge women being launched out of the ring. Sumo rocks. Where are the sumo people?

Aplogies to n00b for the thread derail, but you asked for it.

Style
    Aikido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The username is actually my nickname and the name I used as a bouncer for many years. I am not Truly Sumo Large. But I do have the lower center of gravity and understand the concept and even tried it a few times. It is actually hard to lower ones center of gravity in a match like that. a person tends to want to go up and over.

Style
    Taijiquan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fraternal Greetings, Fellow Noob!

Low center of gravity is a legit martial skill, for the shoving and bitch-slapping that make up most low-level/standup conflict. Also increases your advantages for chin na, locks, come-alongs, etc.

(That, sold for big bucks as "rooting", and a little chin-na/locking is probably the only real "martial" stuff I picked up in years of Taiji. But if I ever buy purple pajamas and start fleecing little old ladies out of their fortunes, I will deny I ever said this.)

I -also- am a Prizzin Nurze; five years now, in AZ State. You are embarking on an exciting, fun-filled career; and if your humor and cynicism are as dark and evil as mine, you will find 'every day a holiday, and every meal a feast'! The paychecks are nice, too.

Welcome!

Style
    Combat Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings Sumo Joe from yet another noob..Still learning my way around so i've nothing to effer but a hello...