Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never been a fan of either that or of the armlock from the same position.
    (personal preference)

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 6:23pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kesa garami is the one I use. Its my "go-to" move that I use along with a variation, the guy bends his arm and I get it into a Kimura.
    http://www.sportschule-tokio.gerwins...esa-garami.jpg This pic shows somewhat what its like, just think if the guy on the bottom kept bending his arm towards his head, then you just sit up and thats the lock, so its on the shoulder not the elbow.

What dont you like it Upa? I find these better then anything from sidemount at the moment. The main reason is similar to Aesopians like of the Simple Stupid Sweep, if you dont get it at first, your not in a bad position and can just keep going for it. I like this over armbars because you dont have to go into mount but most importantly, you still keep your weight on the guy the whole time. Thats why Im not fond of armbars in general, you end up taking your weight off him. Just my preference, I wrestled and have a pretty good pin.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, there isn't much risk to it. It also is easy to defend and kind of boring.
    I base most of my decscions on aesthetics, it is part of the reason I'm not really that good.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12