Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would look into the SA-XD 40 and the S&W M&P .40. I'd also suggest calling a few gun ranges near you and asking if they have them up for rent, so you can get a feel of which fits you best.

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 7:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good mid size 40 cal....

SIG 239.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2007 9:50am

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the glock models in .40 s&w have a colorfull history with us law enforcrment. the doj wrote a pretty damning report on them in reference to thier drop test. the fbi has sent a fair number of glock .40 cals back for repair. depending on which side you belive either the fbi was being truthfull about the slide rails working loose with standard ammo or glock was by saying the incidents were from the fbi using high pressure ammo. either way the .40 cal models have taken alot of criticism lately.

far as glocks are concerned in general, the washington d.c. metro police repoted a 60 percent increase with accidental discharges after switching to the glock 19. the nypd has encountered similar problems and mechanical issues as well. if glocks are that safe why does the founder and ceo, mr. glock himself carry with chamber empty?

although i do not know this for a fact there have been rumors the kentucky state police are reconsidering the glock and want sig sauer pistols instead.

my personal favorites in .40 s&w are the beretta storm, s&w m&p and the sigpro by sig sauer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 6:09pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glocks ARENT safe and anybody who parrots the '3 safeties' line is a kool-aid drinking cultist. The purpose of a safety be it individual or redundant is to provide a failsafe incase of accidental activation of the thing being saftied. In this case, the trigger. 1911 and other manual safety arms do this by restricting the usage of the trigger. Others do this by blocking the firing pin etc. In a Glock. all 3 safties are DEACTIVATED by the one motion that the safety is there to block to begin with, the accidental depression of the trigger. If all 3 safties are removed by one motion, why bother, you may as well have 30 fail safe devices and the damn thing would still blow a hole in your leg if you holster it wrong.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 7:23pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East
    Glocks ARENT safe and anybody who parrots the '3 safeties' line is a kool-aid drinking cultist.
    Well, now you've hurt my feelings. I hope you're happy.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 8:16pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard some good things about CZ's. Definitely a proven design, although I am more familiar with the Hi Powers.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 9:28pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    have been specifically warned by several gunsmiths the .40 s&w and the browning hp-35 are not a good combo. while i love the hi-power in 9mm there have been questions raised about the safety of the design being not suitable for the .40 cal. anyone else heard this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 12:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Well, now you've hurt my feelings. I hope you're happy.
    Dont get me wrong. I think Glocks are great pistols in anything but .40. They are damned accurate and probably the most reliable automatic you'll ever buy and they are VERY affordable. But claims that they are inherently safer than DA/SA pistols is lunacy. departments across the board have reported higher incidences of ND's with glock service pistols than any other type. Glock managed to produce a high capacity, easy to shoot pistol in a variety of sizes and the only compromise that was made was in operator safety. You can be trained to reduce such accidents but that doesnt disguise the fact that it still exist and will eventually bite you in the butt, more so to mass issued police departments where training might be a little less rigorous.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 1:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    departments across the board have reported higher incidences of ND's with glock service pistols than any other type.
    Possibly because more departments issue Glocks than any other pistol? If we pretend that the 65% of LE agencies Glock boasts issue their pistols is true, then it only makes statistical sense that there would be more issues with those pistols overall. It's a possibility.

They are damned accurate and probably the most reliable automatic you'll ever buy and they are VERY affordable.
    I'd say they're about midrange in terms of price. Where do you shop?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 10:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy_bear
    Possibly because more departments issue Glocks than any other pistol? If we pretend that the 65% of LE agencies Glock boasts issue their pistols is true, then it only makes statistical sense that there would be more issues with those pistols overall. It's a possibility.

I'd say they're about midrange in terms of price. Where do you shop?
    maybe for civilians but police departments buy in bulk and Glock is known for adding lucrative incentives for large lot buys. Why buy a bunch of Sigs for 900 a pop when glock will sell you the same thing for 300 a pistol and offer reduced rates for mags and parts?

The statement about the number of departments issuing glocks would be relevant if it wasnt a new occurance. When everyone was carrying 1911 governments and .38 service guns you didnt have nearly as many AD occurances.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast