Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 12:19pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    I'm just saying that the simpler the better, and Glock has done a very good job of balancing safety with simplicity. Why train to deactivate that lever if you don't have to? As for the NDs, they won't happen if you pay attention - I blame that DEA agent for what happened, firearm safety is not the responsibility of the firearm.
    Dont have the numbers on the number of AD/ND incidents but apparently its been enough for the PD's of this country to begin swinging the way of the XD. Glock originally stormed the government secotr of the US by offering a high capacity pistol for half as much as what was generally available at the time, (1911 style autos, and old revolvers) Now that competition is arising that has the same unit price, but a physical fail/safe device (grip safety) police departments are switching over to them readily. Glock has been a fine pistol and they undoubtly work (probably the most reliable and durable auto on the market barnone.). But the cops I'VE seen packing them can barely operate at a responsible level with them. Id rather they NOT have a firarm they can operate without thinking about whats going to happen at the other end YMMV.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 3:18pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, point taken. You're an SP? My brother's an SP and you sound a lot like him.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 3:26pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a huge fan of the HK USP Compact .40

It's my daily carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 4:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing that ever concerned me about the Glock was the safety thing being discussed here. I do find the grips a bit too square, but I can shoot pretty decent with one, especially off-handed (interestingly enough).

I did look at a 1911 derivitive by S&W I think it was that had the grip safety on the back of the grip, but I believe there was another manual safety as well. It had a built-in laser sight, which was cool, but made it WAY too expensive.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 5:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFGuy
    The only thing that ever concerned me about the Glock was the safety thing being discussed here. I do find the grips a bit too square, but I can shoot pretty decent with one, especially off-handed (interestingly enough).

I did look at a 1911 derivitive by S&W I think it was that had the grip safety on the back of the grip, but I believe there was another manual safety as well. It had a built-in laser sight, which was cool, but made it WAY too expensive.
    I take it you re talking about the XD lines.

They are not exspensive. About the same as the GLOCKS.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 5:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, considering the Glock was only $450 and the S&W was $1000...

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 11:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, considering the Glock was only $450 and the S&W was $1000...
    Sorry, my bad mate. I was thinking SA, springfield armory.

That's a great weapon too, I have an XD90 in .40 compact.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 12:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ilooked at a Springfield and was pretty impressed. The multiple safetys was a bit awkward for me though. I really like the lock and load and you are ready to fire of the Glock though. KISS seems to apply here. I do find the Glock clips a bit difficult to load at times though.

Overall, what is the best value for the money of any brand that is durable and reliable? What is a good price to pay for one?

Thanks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 12:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ilooked at a Springfield and was pretty impressed. The multiple safetys was a bit awkward for me though. I really like the lock and load and you are ready to fire of the Glock though. KISS seems to apply here. I do find the Glock clips a bit difficult to load at times though.

Overall, what is the best value for the money of any brand that is durable and reliable? What is a good price to pay for one?

Thanks.
    For the money?

My thoughts go to the SpringFields XD line. They run about 450 bucks for a .40, and you can't go wrong with a 2003 Gun of the year.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 7:46am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The S&W 1911-type-thing is pretty bad ass. As of, I dunno, about 3 years ago it was quite the bargain for the quality. I keep forgetting to qualify with it. Talk about a good pointing pistol. Not sure what it is exactly. I shall keep adding after-market parts to my Colt to match it and see what the hell, if anything, makes the difference.

"Did I just shoot those bullets through that one hole? Or am I just missing entirely and God is shooting my target?"

That is what you will think.

Oh, that's right. .40 Cal. Um...Glock, I guess.
    Last edited by Nid; 2/17/2007 7:52am at .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast