Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 12:42pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glocks in .45 are fine. I dont care for Glock grip angles myself but they ARE pretty pointable. Just a matter of ergonomic preference. HK makes the P2000. Rather pricey too at 850+ for one depending on where you live.

I dont buy the marketing BS about Glocks '3 safeties' deal. The point of a safety is to prevent an action (firing) from an accidental or inadverdant motion (pulling trigger). If ALL THREE of your safeties are nullified by a single action such as snagging your trigger on your holster while putting away your weapon, then its an unsafe weapon with a worthless safety feature. I can appreciate a DAO pistol for what it is but to try to call one safer than a DA/SA pistol is borderline retarded/lying. Anyone who cant be bothered to learn to operate a safety shouldnt have access to arms anyway but that again, is just preference on my part. kinda like auto v manual transmission.

back on topic. best compact .40s?
    USP compact,
    PK2000SK
    XD.40 Compact
    CZ75
    and i guess Glocks. All of them pretty widely available. all but the first 2 fairly inexpensive.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are going to move up to a .45, I would seriously recommend trying the P245 by Sig Sauer.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 4:45pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East
    Glocks in .45 are fine. I dont care for Glock grip angles myself but they ARE pretty pointable. Just a matter of ergonomic preference. HK makes the P2000. Rather pricey too at 850+ for one depending on where you live.

I dont buy the marketing BS about Glocks '3 safeties' deal. The point of a safety is to prevent an action (firing) from an accidental or inadverdant motion (pulling trigger). If ALL THREE of your safeties are nullified by a single action such as snagging your trigger on your holster while putting away your weapon, then its an unsafe weapon with a worthless safety feature. I can appreciate a DAO pistol for what it is but to try to call one safer than a DA/SA pistol is borderline retarded/lying. Anyone who cant be bothered to learn to operate a safety shouldnt have access to arms anyway but that again, is just preference on my part. kinda like auto v manual transmission.

back on topic. best compact .40s?
    USP compact,
    PK2000SK
    XD.40 Compact
    CZ75
    and i guess Glocks. All of them pretty widely available. all but the first 2 fairly inexpensive.
    Integrating all three safeys into the trigger is a great way to ensure the weapon only fires when it's supposed to, but still discharges when the trigger is intentionally pulled. Although mildly less safe than having a safety switch (like on the M-9) you can draw and fire more quickly. I'm of the school that there's two kinds of gunfighters. The punch line here is that if you don't want the weapon to fire, keep your finger off the trigger. There is always an assumption of risk when carrying a pistol. If you're so careless that snagging the well protected trigger on a holster is a serious concern than you shouldn't be carrying a weapon.

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 4:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was watching Pulp Fiction at my friends place last night. If John Travolta would have kept his damn finger off that trigger, he wouldn't have shot marvin in the face, and they wouldn't have had to deal with that whole aftermath. Finger off the fucking trigger!
    Last edited by Neildo; 2/15/2007 5:20pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 5:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will state the obvious: DO NOT give Barney Fife a Glock!:5eek:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 12:50am

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Integrating all three safeys into the trigger is a great way to ensure the weapon only fires when it's supposed to, but still discharges when the trigger is intentionally pulled. Although mildly less safe than having a safety switch (like on the M-9) you can draw and fire more quickly. I'm of the school that there's two kinds of gunfighters. The punch line here is that if you don't want the weapon to fire, keep your finger off the trigger. There is always an assumption of risk when carrying a pistol. If you're so careless that snagging the well protected trigger on a holster is a serious concern than you shouldn't be carrying a weapon.
    Thats what im getting at, there are situations that often cause a pistol to fire despite the finger being nowhere near the trigger. A number of LEO have found that out the hard way when re-holstering a glock. In terms of presentation and firing speed, it has everything to do with training. IPSC shooters tend to use DA/SA pistols a great deal due to the uniformity of the trigger pull and have no trouble deactivating a saftey during the draw. Any body trained on the 1911 or other browning derived pistols learns the same thing, when pulling your piece, the safety lever is deactivated simultaneous to the withdrawal of the piece. If your saying this little step is too complicated for a police officer to do 'under pressure' or whatever, then i say that officer isnt trained well enough with his firearm to even be allowed to have it in his possession. We've all seen the video of the DEA agent popping himself in a class full of children.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 1:04am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a question for all you guys who own the glock 23. How satisfied are you with the accuracy of this pistol.? I've owned one for about six years and, no matter how much I practice, I can't hit **** with it. I know I'm not the best shot with a pistol, but I also own a Ruger P89 9mm and I'm a decent shot with it. So I'm wondering if it's just me, or has anyone else had any problems with accuracy?

ps. Yeah, I have a feeling the kind of answers I'm going to get, but I had to ask.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 1:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    I have a question for all you guys who own the glock 23. How satisfied are you with the accuracy of this pistol.? I've owned one for about six years and, no matter how much I practice, I can't hit **** with it. I know I'm not the best shot with a pistol, but I also own a Ruger P89 9mm and I'm a decent shot with it. So I'm wondering if it's just me, or has anyone else had any problems with accuracy?

ps. Yeah, I have a feeling the kind of answers I'm going to get, but I had to ask.
    It could be a lot of things - the kind of ammo you're using may not be right, you may not have an easy time with the grips, and so on. If you can't hit **** with it though, I'd stick iwth carrying the Ruger, which is also a dandy weapon.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 1:15am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I've always really liked the Ruger (my father gave it to me), but I bought the Glock the day I turned 21 for the "cool" factor. Too much gangsta rap I suppose. Thanks for the reply.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 1:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East
    Thats what im getting at, there are situations that often cause a pistol to fire despite the finger being nowhere near the trigger. A number of LEO have found that out the hard way when re-holstering a glock. In terms of presentation and firing speed, it has everything to do with training. IPSC shooters tend to use DA/SA pistols a great deal due to the uniformity of the trigger pull and have no trouble deactivating a saftey during the draw. Any body trained on the 1911 or other browning derived pistols learns the same thing, when pulling your piece, the safety lever is deactivated simultaneous to the withdrawal of the piece. If your saying this little step is too complicated for a police officer to do 'under pressure' or whatever, then i say that officer isnt trained well enough with his firearm to even be allowed to have it in his possession. We've all seen the video of the DEA agent popping himself in a class full of children.
    I'm just saying that the simpler the better, and Glock has done a very good job of balancing safety with simplicity. Why train to deactivate that lever if you don't have to? As for the NDs, they won't happen if you pay attention - I blame that DEA agent for what happened, firearm safety is not the responsibility of the firearm.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast