Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 10:30am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Necroing this thread because of its awsomenes. 4th week at my new gym and I got the worm, about the size of a dime on my wrist. Doc prescribed orals, wich I actualy was suprised I did not see mentioned on this thread. He also prescribed the lortiman 4 times a day as well as bathing with Selson Blue twice a day.

Right now it just looks like a purple dime. I can only see the tell tale "ring" when I press on it and release. It hasnt itched at all. I only saw my doc yesterday and will have to do the walk of shame after work to let my instructors know.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 2:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the specialty sport soaps that they sell to keep this stuff away as more preventive insurance? I'm strict about cleaning MY stuff, but you never know if the next guy is washing his wraps or gear regularly or not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 12:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use defense soap (active ingredient is tea tree oil) and wash my hair with selsun after every practice, and haven't gotten ring worm since I started that regimen. That's been a period of about 3-4 months. Your mileage may very. Using defense soap too much dries your skin out, which as mentioned above is not what you want while on the mats.

Those times when I've had ring worm lamasil has always done just fine for me.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 12:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojac
    I use defense soap (active ingredient is tea tree oil) and wash my hair with selsun after every practice, and haven't gotten ring worm since I started that regimen. That's been a period of about 3-4 months. Your mileage may very. Using defense soap too much dries your skin out, which as mentioned above is not what you want while on the mats.

Those times when I've had ring worm lamasil has always done just fine for me.
    One of our purple belts sells that stuff, and i've been meaning to pick it up.

Anyhow, there was a spot on my armpit, a few weeks back, scared me. I thought, "is diz sum ringwarm?" It was smooth and red, and slightly shiny, but i couldn't make out a ring.

Terrified, i went to the doctor, and she wasn't sure. She said it could be eczema or t3h r1ngw0rm. I said, "lets call it eczema for now..."

She gave me a cream that would treat both eczema and ringworm. If it cleared up in few days, it was eczema, if not, ring worm.

It cleared up the next day. So yeah, thats my close encounter with ringworm.

Although, today i found a massive pimple on my lower back. It looked alot like a pimple, but lurking this forum has made me a scared mother fucker. It was purple-ish with a white head. I squeezed it, and blood came out. I squeezed it again and the grossness came out. Its essentially flat now, not bulging out of my skin, but still i am terrified.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 1:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1

Although, today i found a massive pimple on my lower back. It looked alot like a pimple, but lurking this forum has made me a scared mother fucker. It was purple-ish with a white head. I squeezed it, and blood came out. I squeezed it again and the grossness came out. Its essentially flat now, not bulging out of my skin, but still i am terrified.

Newsflash

Teenager pops Pimple!!!!!!

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 4:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, seriously, after seeing the Kevin Randleman pics, i went and showered for an hour.

I'm fucking terrified of this **** now!

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 7:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently (as I was told her on the internetz)

Head and shoulders contains the same zinc compound used to fight ring worm

After BJJ I wash my body down with H&S

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 7:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, who has time to shower after class? I'm diligent about hygiene, but my priorities are beer, food, girlfriend fun time, and sleep after a good class. I'm serious when I say that I don't see where I have the time to add showering in...until I get some scare like you guys are talking about, at which point I will most likely wimp out and shower every time I think of karate.

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 7:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was lazy didn't shower after class and let my beard grow

I got ring worm on my cheek

I am now ALWAYS clean shaven before class and shower after

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 7:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, I just keep a regular thick beard as protection from viruses and the elements. Plus it's dead sexy.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast