Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 9:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It will leave a scar and your skin will likely be discolored (slightly darker than your normal skin color).

My ringworm (see my first post) left my skin in that area discolored.

Most ringworm is pretty small; smaller than a dime. Larger areas, like mine, leave a noticeable discoloration.

Once the red ring is completely gone then the ringworm has gone beneath the skin and is on its way out. Keep applying the creme and/or spray for at least another week.
    Last edited by GoldenJonas; 4/25/2007 9:37pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2008 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but the pics in the op are gone. What kind of bleach am I supposed to use? With which ingredients? Is clorox cleanup ok?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2008 12:25am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dokomoy
    Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but the pics in the op are gone. What kind of bleach am I supposed to use? With which ingredients? Is clorox cleanup ok?
    Pics were hosted and my account was cleared a while ago. Here is an upload of a pic from my hard drive which I found.

If your going to use bleach make it unscented run of the mill straight bleach.

However, if the spot is bigger than a dime, consistent use of bleach could stain your skin permanently; it depends on how sensitive your skin is.

I would see a doc and have him prescribe the strongest anti-fungal you can get.
    Attached Images  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 12:45pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to continue the bumps but this is the best Ringworm thread on the site, and thus it shall not die.

I was recently diagnosed with Ringworm but, unlike those images, it was a solid raised red circle about an inch and a half in diameter and it pussed (badly at first).

I went to my dermatologist today who diagnosed it but cleared me for grappling and striking so long as I wear a big bandage over the spot. I was prescribed a prescription anti-fungal whose name I can't remember. I was wondering if any of the medical members of this site might know what strain of Ringworm I have that it is ok'd for me to grapple with so long as it is covered? Do I have a crappy dermatologist or is the sweat comment in GoldenJonas' OP not always true?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NasalInfection
    I went to my dermatologist today who diagnosed it but cleared me for grappling and striking so long as I wear a big bandage over the spot. I was prescribed a prescription anti-fungal whose name I can't remember. I was wondering if any of the medical members of this site might know what strain of Ringworm I have that it is ok'd for me to grapple with so long as it is covered? Do I have a crappy dermatologist or is the sweat comment in GoldenJonas' OP not always true?
    I sure as hell wouldn't do that.

A couple of years ago I was grappling with someone and we were practicing heel hooks I think. He had a large bandage on one of his legs. I asked him what it was and he said ringworm. A week later I had a nice case of ring worm on my forearm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 1:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well.... in my case it is on the forearm and I was thinking of bandaid+gauze+ace bandage+compression shirt. I REALLY need to keep grappling after having finally started.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I would err on the side of caution and not grapple until that **** heals a bit as a courtesy to your training partners.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 3:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bugger, yeah.... is striking ok?

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would suggest taking a hiatus from training to be safe.

If you really can't then maybe a big ass bandage AND a rashguard?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 9:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NasalInfection
    Sorry to continue the bumps but this is the best Ringworm thread on the site, and thus it shall not die.

I was recently diagnosed with Ringworm but, unlike those images, it was a solid raised red circle about an inch and a half in diameter and it pussed (badly at first).

The pic above your post was actually about the size of a half-dollar and it was also slightly raised. I did not puss though.

I would DEFINITELY NOT grapple, at a minimum, until the red ring starts to break.

More importantly, I would not grapple with you if I knew you had that. You will recover from ringworm, but there is no reason to infect your training partners simply because YOU want to train.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast