Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 12:40pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My sister had a nasty ring worm infection on her neck, picked it up on campus, she smothered it in Lamisil for weeks, despite that it still left a nasty scar. I'd hate to be in your shoes.

All in all, good luck man.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 9:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, here is what I have used thus far to treat the dreaded worm:

Prescription strength Nystatin Cream - used for a week; 2-3 times per day; and it did nothing. Bob actually got worse and sprouted a couple of friends.

Diluted Clorox Bleach - used for about a week; 2-3 times per day; stung like a son of a bitch for about 5-10 minutes each time; no idea if it did anything.

Lamisil AT® cream (1% Terbinafine Hydrochloride) - used for about a 4 days; 2-3 times per day; it may have stopped the growth of the spot and the two friends that joined him.

Tinactin® liquid spray (1% Tolnaftate) - used for about 4 days; 3-4 times per day; seemed to work pretty well in combination with the Lamisil AT®; area started to crack and dry up.

NEXT ROUND STARTING TODAY

Perscription 1% Econazole Nitrate Cream - will apply 2-3 times per day.

Walgreen's Athletes Foot Spray (same ingredients as Lotrimin® AF - 2% Miconozole Nitrate) - will apply 3-4 times per day.

Last night sucked the whole area itched like a ************. Itching went away after dowsing the area with hot water in the shower and applying the Lamisil cream and Tinactin spray.

My primary care doc gave me the Econozole script today and said that I should also combine it with Hydrocortazone cream to attack the itching and reduce any swelling around the area.

Apparently the "living" and most active part of the ringworm is the red area which forms a circle around the area. Typically this area is slightly raised and swollen when the infection is most active. As the infection dies the swelling goes down and the hydrocortozone will help in combination with the antifungal cream to move the process along.

The doc also said not to combine different medications like I was doing with the Lamisil and the Tenactin spray because there is a chance the two meds will cancel each other out of be less effective. However, the spray cream combination has made more progress for me on the infection than anything else so I found a spray that had a similar medication to the cream and I am planning on continuing the one two punch to hopefully knock this thing out by Friday.

Trail and error, research and learn. Next time this **** WILL NOT interfere with my training this much.

Hopefully this will do it and I can earn my fist at the TD this weekend.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One way or the other see you at the TD :)

In the meantime, you can try one of these on Bob...

Te he... couldn't resist :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 8:51pm

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    be careful with the hot water to relieve itching. I did that for poison oak and unknowingly helped it spread.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had the worm since about the 10th, and it's almost gone. Is it safe for me to do any type of training, ie boxing or any striking only training? Also is any type of anti fungal better than the other? I've been using Lotrimin, is Lamisil or anything better?

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 2:31pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should stay away until the infection is gone. And of course notify your club so they can make sure it has not spread.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Highschool Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate ringworm I had it 1 week before Islands and I needed to compete to get into Provincials so I took bleach and rubbed it on it and then cleaned it off and it was gone by Islands I was so stoked....... Probably not the best way to do it but I NEEDED to wrestle it was a need not a want lol

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 2:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I told people at Judo and Enshin, but I didn't think it was a big deal for Boxing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 3:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    I've had the worm since about the 10th, and it's almost gone. Is it safe for me to do any type of training, ie boxing or any striking only training? Also is any type of anti fungal better than the other? I've been using Lotrimin, is Lamisil or anything better?
    Unless your getting prescription strength anti fungal the Lamasil and Lotrimin are the strongest over the counter.

I would not train until it is gone. Right before it "dies" it will make a push to comeback and itch like hell. Sweating will only serve to help it spread. Also, it will remain under your skin for weeks after it looks like it is gone so you should continue to apply the anti-fungal even after you think it is gone for a few days.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 4:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How will I know it's gone will it leave a scar, or will it completely clear up?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast