Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    There is one advantage that can be gained from this situation. Until "Bob" departs, Golden Jonas may refer to himself as "We" in all of his legal correspondence.
    The truth is that GoldenJonas is no more. He is now a symbiot, the result of his former self and "Bob", the alien Worm of teh Ring, who's now taking over his mind and body.

Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 2:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by metarat
    I'd say, if your skin is staying intact, not getting too sore, and it seems to helping it clear faster, drive on but keep an eye on it, and stop before you get a bloody hole where your hide used to be.

Fair enough?
    Fair enough...if the wound turns gangrenous, stop bleach immediately. Gotcha. It only burns for about 5-10 minutes when I apply it. I'll keep a watch out for the skin splitting.

I don't know if you will ever climb out of that hole of red varrots you have burning you Macho but I help with a +rep, for Bob.
    Last edited by GoldenJonas; 2/15/2007 2:31pm at .

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 2:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Fair enough...it wound turn gangrenous, stop bleach immediately. Gotcha. It only burns for about 5-10 minutes when I apply it. I'll keep a watch out for the skin splitting.

I don't know if you will ever climb out of that hole of red varrots you have burning you Macho but I help with a +rep, for Bob.
    I'm now in green varrot pastures my friend, but more +reps are always welcomed :tongue3:

BTW, here it's Bob without speech balloon, you know, for further customization :P

I used these alien mouth (gif, jpg) and eyes for Bob... I used those a while ago to prove fast-food items were in fact aliens trying to make people fat for nefarious purposes.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 12:05am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, here is what it now looks like about three weeks in and one week after my last picture...

As you can see it has sprouted two friends. The area appears to be starting to dry out. Per Pat Miletich's reaction to my bleach therapy I have stopped using bleach.

I am now spraying it with tenactin twice a day and rubbing lamisil on it three times per day. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow and ask him about perscription strength lamisil which Pat mentioned to me when I met him over the weekend.

I now have 5 days for this **** to clear up or else I will be watching the South Florida TD from the sidelines.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 12:33am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, that **** is just scary. Thankfully, I think the guys that run our gym are incredibly meticulous about keeping the mats clean. I have to admit though, I've never seen a case of ringworm last that long. When the wrestlers I know/knew got it, it was like a week to get rid of or so.

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 1:13am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Da crud is the bane of all wrestlers!
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 8:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Damn, that **** is just scary.
    Yeah and my "bob the ringworm" avatar is starting to creep me out too.

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 10:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But, but, but.... I like "Bob" :(

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 10:50am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To me it doesn't look like it's gotten any better. You must have some kind of mutant living on you dude.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 10:57am

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GoldenJones, The recommended dilution for bleach is 10 parts water to one part bleach. I think you might be using too high a concentration of bleach. The 10 to 1 recommendation comes from three mold remediation standards namely the New York dept of health, the EPA mold remediation guidelines and the Texas dept of health. This mixture is meant for cleaning non pourous surfaces not people.
    Higher concentrations are going to dry out your skin and might do more damage than good. Not that even the 10 to 1 mix is going to be that great for you it's just tolerable for the people that do the cleaning.

The most important thing for something like this is preventative measures like bring this up to your school BEFORE someone gets it. Cleaning with the above bleach solution and properly drying the mats should prevent this. Also I'd wash after class using a soap or body wash that contains an anti-microbial solution. I know there are some specialty products but I'm sure you can go to a Walgreens/CVS type store and find something reasonably priced.

By the way I manage an environmental remediation company and mold (which is a generic term for fungi) cleanups are about 45% of our work.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast