Sponsored Links Spacer Image

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 11:48pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Not yet because I am finishing up the prescription stuff my doc gave me. However, I have read a lot of good things with the Lotrimin so once the prescription creme runs out ill give it a try.
    You might also want to try Monistat, and I'm not being sarcastic. The cream, obviously, not the ovules. Monistat uses Miconazole Nitrate while Lotrimin (the cream) uses Clotrimazole. Both work the same way, by inhibiting fungal cell wall growth and repair, but for OTC anti-fungals Monistat is considered the best bang for the buck. Even if you use the Lotrimin, the Monistat might be worth a try to see if your ringworm responds better to the Miconazole then the Clotrimazole. Back in the old unsanitary college sports days when the school insurance sucked and prescriptions were big bucks, guys would have to man up and buy it . . . or more likely have their girlfriends get it for them. Fungal infections are an incredible bitch to get rid of, so it's worth it.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 11:51pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info on that, although now I'm paranoid as **** and random parts of my body are itching like hell. I may have to pour pain thinner all over myself at work tomorrow, just to be safe.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 12:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good advise guys. I had not thought of the monostat, although I saw it referred to in my web research. I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    Thanks for the info on that, although now I'm paranoid as **** and random parts of my body are itching like hell. I may have to pour pain thinner all over myself at work tomorrow, just to be safe.
    Tell me about it man. For two weeks now every time I scratch my ass or my leg I want to lather the creme all over or confine myself in the shower under scalding hot water.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 12:13am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That fucking sucks for you man. I feel for you. Good luck with clearing that **** up.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 1:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the post, Ill definitely be on the look out for that stuff, cause I reall had no idea about it before and If for some reason I got it I wouldnt want to spread it.
    Hope you get well and rolling again soon

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I sure hope you get fixed for the TD. I think you have time since it's two weeks away.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 12:22pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAB MY WRIST
    Lamisil (terbinafine) cream is a fungiside. 1 week cure rate. As with any topical fungal infection, apply the fungicide up to two weeks even after the lesion has dissapear to prevent relaspe. For people who grapple regularly, I suggest a once a week application to the whole body with Nizoral (Ketoconazole) or Selsun (Selenium sulphide 1%) to prevent infection.

GMW
    This guy knows what he's talking about. I'm an RN and I work at a prison, so I was going to jump in, but you already got pretty good advice here.

My two bits:

Avoid bleach (ow!), gasoline, mercury, and radioactive isotopes. They may in fact work, but they are going to further rip up your skin, so once you stop using them all kinds of nasty bacteria and stuff can get into the damaged area and get a foothold to start growing.

Remember the last Ultimate Fighter reality show where everyone got the nasty-ass boils? That was staph infections and I bet a beer it was probably MRSA, the antibiotic-resistant kind. Thats what you really need to worry about; first defense is keeping your skin in good shape, not dry and cracking, second is good washing, with maybe the weekly preventative treatment, like the gent said up above.

One other thing: whatever agent you use, its going to work better if you can keep it in contact with the infection for awhile before it dries or is rubbed off. I'd use an extra-large bandaid, goop some antifungal on it, and put it on when you're not going to workout, shower, or otherwise be scraping it off for a couple hours at least.

Also, hospital type "burn creams"- silver sulfazine, sulfamylon, etc., are good broad-spectrum stuff to use on fungus, staph, mystery rot and etc., if you can get ahold of some.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by metarat; 2/15/2007 12:37pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 12:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So stop using the bleach/lamisil combo and just go with the lamisil?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 12:40pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weellll,

You are diluting the bleach-good. I understand you got to get the problem solved for your bout.

Conventional medical advice would be stop the bleach.

I'd say, if your skin is staying intact, not getting too sore, and it seems to helping it clear faster, drive on but keep an eye on it, and stop before you get a bloody hole where your hide used to be.

Fair enough?

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 1:12pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is one advantage that can be gained from this situation. Until "Bob" departs, Golden Jonas may refer to himself as "We" in all of his legal correspondence.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast