Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 2:19pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    If WTF starts allowing punches to the head, I might just have to start competeing again. I am 5-1-0 in wtf at blue belt level, and I woould like to get back into it, it really helps my cardio, all that kicking all the time you know. Not too mention it is helping in my grappling tournaments as well, with leg strength, and agility on my feet. TKD is good for somthing, and if they do thid it might make a comeback.
    I agree, I would actually consider taking up TKD again if this change goes into effect. I would love to see it in place in time for the 2008 Olympics. I would also consider competing again as well, I think I could do pretty well in competition in the early stages of this new rules set. There aren't any ITF affiliates in my area that I know of so I would always end up facing WTF guys that are in a transition phase. My boxing/Muay Thai skills would clean up! Now if we can only get them to add leg kicks.

If these new rules go into effect I wouldn't be surprised to see Kyokushin guys on the Olympic TKD teams.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 12:36pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well up untill now ive seen olympic TKD rules as an embarasment what kind of MA doesnt allow punches to the head? That's one of the wors rules to have in any combat sport

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 12:41pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alnwicktkd
    well up untill now ive seen olympic TKD rules as an embarasment what kind of MA doesnt allow punches to the head? That's one of the wors rules to have in any combat sport
    Should I point out the obvious and say there's no punching in wrestling or judo either?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 1:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    Should I point out the obvious and say there's no punching in wrestling or judo either?
    Fair point but wrestling and judo are two different sports and they dont allow blows to the body where WTF TKD does.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 3:18pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any word on when these new rules will go into effect? Will they be in place for the 2008 olympics? Is there any new information available besides the website linked above?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 6:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    I am 5-1-0 in wtf at blue belt level
    Not to be an ass....but basically that means you're 0 as far as WTF competition is concerned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 10:18pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alnwicktkd
    Fair point but wrestling and judo are two different sports and they dont allow blows to the body where WTF TKD does.
    You hit the nail on the head. Olympic TKD wants to push kicks. Basically the reason why they have eliminated punching to the face is to encourage aggressive kicking to the head. Rule adaptations over the past several years would also lead me to believe that there is more coming to encourage competitors to use aerial and spinning kicks more often.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for punching to the head, but I honestly don't see Olympic TKD changing to include face punching.

One thing that I think would make the game much more fast paced would be to incorporate some of the wrestling rules. IE) best 2 of 3 rounds to win the match, or spectacular techniques (such as grand amplitude throws/take downs) to end a round, but then again that's just me.

To the 5-1-whatever blue belt competitor. Again no offense. I was undefeated as a color belt. I quickly found out that meant **** once I started competiting at the black belt level. I'll echo Der in saying that color belts in the grand scheme of the competition world . . . are really there to pay a fee and make the organizers some money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 1:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Is there any word on when these new rules will go into effect? Will they be in place for the 2008 olympics? Is there any new information available besides the website linked above?
    No the talks between the ITF and WTF are still in progress if they arent in place before 2008 they should be by 2012.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 1:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would wager that if the ITF successfully negotiates for inclusion of punches to the head in the new rules that as a compromise they will agree to fight under the existing rules in '08 and adopt the new rules after that. Since most of the national teams are composed of fighters that have only fought under current WTF rules and with only a year and a half to go until the Olympics, I don't think the national bodies under the WTF would want the new rules to go into effect for this Olympics. Delaying the new rules until after the '08 Olympics will allow the participating countries to build up teams that are capable under the new rule set. We might also see some countries with a strong ITF presense that are not currently "powerhouses" under the current WTF rules make more of an impact.
    Last edited by TEA; 2/21/2007 1:48pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 1:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that depends on how each nation governs TKD in there country i dont know about anywhere else but in britain all TKD is governed by the BTC so finding ITF trained TKD'ers wouldnt be that hard
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast