Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 8:55pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2008 olympics

Given the new developments within tkd allowing both ITF and WTF tkders to take part does anyone else think this may finally decide who has the real tkd or will it just lower the ITF's credibility

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 2:27am

Style: Korean Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF rules or some sort of unified ruleset?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 6:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman
    WTF rules or some sort of unified ruleset?
    Its most likely to be a unified rule set. The ITF's main point is allowing punches to the head im not sure what the WTF will want to keep in the rules but the IOC are involved so both parties will have to agree on something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 6:06pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alnwicktkd
    Given the new developments within tkd allowing both ITF and WTF tkders to take part does anyone else think this may finally decide who has the real tkd or will it just lower the ITF's credibility
    Haven't heard of this. Could you please provide a link to a story so I can better inform myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 9:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know how to provide a link but copy and paste this into a search engine. http://www.internationaltaekwon-dofe...nt_ITF_WTF.pdf

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:09am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If WTF starts allowing punches to the head, I might just have to start competeing again. I am 5-1-0 in wtf at blue belt level, and I woould like to get back into it, it really helps my cardio, all that kicking all the time you know. Not too mention it is helping in my grappling tournaments as well, with leg strength, and agility on my feet. TKD is good for somthing, and if they do thid it might make a comeback.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 6:24pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alnwicktkd
    I dont know how to provide a link but copy and paste this into a search engine. http://www.internationaltaekwon-dofe...nt_ITF_WTF.pdf
    Thanks. I knew there was rumblings about this, but I had not seen any solid evidence of it. Personally I will believe it when I see it. As of today an article in one our local papers was saying how the talks had begun to break down in terms of the Koreas having a unified team for the next olympics. I'll see if I can find an online copy of it.

Again I'll believe it when I see it. There will have to be a lot of compromises on both parts before we see this happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 1:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    Thanks. I knew there was rumblings about this, but I had not seen any solid evidence of it. Personally I will believe it when I see it. As of today an article in one our local papers was saying how the talks had begun to break down in terms of the Koreas having a unified team for the next olympics. I'll see if I can find an online copy of it.

Again I'll believe it when I see it. There will have to be a lot of compromises on both parts before we see this happen.
    Thanks its taken this long to aggree on something as simple as a council to be formed let alone a new rule set.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 1:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I've read, it sounds like the new rules will allow punches to the head, but will score kicks to the head for more points. They are also looking at changing the square ring to a circle. If this plays out, though, which I hope it does, I would be very surprised to see the new rules in place for the Beijing Olympics. All of the teams have already been training under the old rules and would have to adopt a whole new fight style in a very short time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 2:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    From what I've read, it sounds like the new rules will allow punches to the head, but will score kicks to the head for more points. They are also looking at changing the square ring to a circle. If this plays out, though, which I hope it does, I would be very surprised to see the new rules in place for the Beijing Olympics. All of the teams have already been training under the old rules and would have to adopt a whole new fight style in a very short time.
    It cant be that hard the proposed new rules arent that far of most ITF competitions ive entered and if they to train to allow for punches to the head tough it makes them better martial artists
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast