Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 7:11am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be so tough on yourself, The abuse wasn't pointless. If you keep it up at regular intervals, he'll slowly learn of his retardation.

Keep up the good work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 9:12am

Style: Pai Lum K.F.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Studies have proven that hand/foot/eye coordination is improved by a significant number when playing reaction games like ddr, guitar hero, ect. so much so that the U.S. Gov. (ok im ready fo rthe shotgun back lash) has funded numerous programs for training rehab veterans in utilizing this for recovery. Also I can vouch for it for a decent cardio routine; being a middle school gym teacher i use it as a tool of activity and also have the children where a pulse monitor ( I got the idea from the internet). There is also a school in California that has built an arcade with just those type games right next to the cafeteria for those children who dont really eat and tend to socialize and that has had a huge impact on the amount of positive weight control in teens.
    Im a huge advocate of dodgeball as a reaction sport; i even play on an intermural team in college. It teaches dodging skills, catching skills, throwing, and how to take a hit if neccessary. When we were kids we played with soccerballs and the occasional basketball not the "red devils" playground balls. That **** stung and if you got out you knew it. "mothers of america" pussified or kids and banned it in schools; but oh well guess tiddly winks is still safe.
    If you really wanted to train reaction time... get yourself a jumbo superball (high bounce balls from vending machines) and get in a racketball court. That thing can leave bruises thats for damn sure.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we used cricket balls when i was at school. now THOSE hurt.

you know what improves co ordination even more than DDR? training in a style that doesnt suck balls and involves good old hard sparring.

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 5:27am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by srichards
    Don't be so tough on yourself, The abuse wasn't pointless. If you keep it up at regular intervals, he'll slowly learn of his retardation.

Keep up the good work.
    No I won't. Alex, just because I play video games in my spare time doesn't mean **** about my actual training regimen. I didn't graduate high school(put on your shocked face), so I at the very least HAVE to pass a physical fitness test(42 pushups in 2 minutes, 50 situps in 2 minutes, mile and a half run in 12 1/2.) to get into the Navy.

And if you think I like running, you don't know me at all.

I know, your going to say my test is easy, and it is, I can blow right past it. But I really, really don't like running.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 6:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn, i did 53 press ups in one minute on my fitness test. cant remember how many situps. what a piss easy test

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 6:17am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is, it really is. At least that part. You don't understand. I loath long slow distance(LSD) running with a passion. It's not specific to any sport except running, and it hurts. It's 5:15 here, what time is it there Alex? I just woke up with lower back pain again, the only reason I'm up is because I can't sleep.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 6:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    meh, i used to be a mid distance runner. the 3km x-country was my race. i know what you are talking about though, i dont like running anymore. its fucking boring. thats still a weakass time, i was running 3km in 13 minutes when i was a child, 12 minutes for 2.4km is nothing. sad part is i know a guy who failed that test on the run even though he claimed to be training every day
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12