Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 10:36pm

Style: PT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What can I say, our government is currently run by relics from the old communist movement, turned capitalist. They do not feel like doing the old proletariat revolution trick, but letting people own weapons makes them nervous.
    Interesting, and thanks. Do many non-criminals who live in the major urban areas own guns illegally for protection, or do they mostly abide by the restrictive laws?

Sounds like a great lifestyle to me!
    Sounds like a bunch of losers to me.

What I don't understand is how these tough pretty boys can go on like that stirring up **** without ever getting shot or gutted like a cod
    I'd imagine that they pick their victims and haunts selectively (carefully). They obviously don't go around the hood triangle choking random people.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 11:15am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Canuckkyokushin: I asked the BJJ instructor yesterday, he said (i) he never heard of BJJ kids classes anywhere, and (ii) he doesn´t know anyone who went to the USA to teach.

2) El Macho: they pick fights only in upper-middle class nightclubs and bars, and even then they go in huge gangs. If they that in a favela they would be minced meat in seconds.

3) phuquedup: personally I don´t know anyone who does this, but I live in a good area of town. I did study some criminal cases where people who were not criminals at all were arrested for having an illegal gun home, but I can´t tell you if this practice is widespread or not.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 11:54am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    What I don't understand is how these tough pretty boys can go on like that stirring up **** without ever getting shot or gutted like a cod. :icon_scra
    It's easy, they move in groups of 9 or 10 and they usually prey on the normal citizen.
    Random joe just walking with his girl, they bump into him and that's all they need to stir up ****.
    They don't pull that **** in the favelas or in the "balada", 'cause it's full of hardcore, gun totting mofos who are just anxious as them to shoot a pretty boy!eehehe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 11:57am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=WingChun Lawyer]1) Canuckkyokushin: I asked the BJJ instructor yesterday, he said (i) he never heard of BJJ kids classes anywhere, and (ii) he doesn´t know anyone who went to the USA to teach.

Damn, maybe we have the first kid's bjj classes in the world right here in Portugal...but I doubt it. But the adult bjj class can be a tough place for a kid so...

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 12:04pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Submitted this thread to Digg. Please use the button at the top to digg this.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 12:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokujin
    Don't have kids but I'm watching my nephews...as soon as they are old enough, it's bjj time. Bjj wins again. None of that TKD, aikido crap for them or my eventual kids.

That girl is funny because she hates drills, whines because the moves are too dificult or something and stands trough class with the most tiresome look in her face. Say fight and she's the first on the mat, belt and hair all tied up. The boys are afraid of her because she's relentless. Talk about jekyll and hyde!
    I think adults are like that too with BJJ. I am guilty of that as well but now that I'm injured and can only really do drills I appreciate them more. As long as someone there is continuing to enforce the importance of drilling she will be ok. It's better to start them off early in their career so later they are deadly. But you know that already. I guess a good way would be armbar drills. Find someone she has a problem getting an armbar on. Have her drill the armbar for a month relentlessly. Have her go against that same person and watch the armbars fly. That result will probably be enough to ensure that she appreciates the drills more.

Oh and BJJ always wins again!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456