Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 6:26am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    yeah and who gives a ****, this review sucks and so do you for dragging it back up.
    Arent you the one who started a thread about all of the hostility on Bullshido.

Really Alex, STFU.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 6:36am

Style: BJJ and Westernized TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRHellerich
    Hello there. I know I'm a little late with this thread. Maybe too late, but I really needed to voice my opinion in this case (and trust me, I wouldn't normally). I've been reading through the posts on this topic and I must say that Mr. Tom Reid of World Martial Arts Club(not to be confused with the many OTHER "World Martial Arts" schools) is definitely the genuine article. He is a true "tough guy" and a wonderful human being. Growing up around the Belleville area, I would know a thing or two about the Martial Arts Masters in town(St. Clair County)...and there are alot of them. One thing that they will ALL tell you, is: "Tom is good!" Because he is. Period. Belleville, IL has a wide variety of martial arts schools, and most of them can't even touch World Martial Arts/Belleville Judo Club. This facility is one of the most underrated clubs in the US. At the same time, it's gotta be one of the BEST in the country. This place produces fine Black Belts and anyone who has attained a Black Belt from any of the programs offered at this school is considered "exceptional" at the very least. It is definitely NOT a McDoJo/McDoJang. The instructors absolutely LOVE teaching and sharing their knowledge with their students. This place is for all walks of life and just about anyone can afford to train there. The standards are high, to say the least, and instruction is Superb!
    I've been all over the US and I've trained with some fine martial artists and I can tell you, It was a pleasure just meeting Tom, not to mention having the memorable experience of training with him (for a short time) as a young man.
    Thanks for your opinion. I really appreciate it. I wanted to make a post telling how I truly felt about World Martial Arts and my time there. I was really suprised at all of the negative feedback that I got. I know I did not help by getting so angry but it was a subject that was close to home.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 6:48am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

St Louis ???

Quote Originally Posted by knuckle dragger
    What state is that in? How am I an internet warrior? I just said if you are in my are I will fight you. I think you just want to call names and be insulting. Why do you offer a friendly sparring match? I can do that at class. I would much prefer no rules, no pads. If you are going to fight you may as well do it for real. Otherwise don't talk trash and start things with people you don't know.
    Well we have a St Louis TD crew if you want to come showcase some killer TKD . Hell you can even jump on the thread and get your 9's across the board school to host it . TD aren't blood gore fests but we have a very decent contact level and the rules are open to debate .

hmmm World Martial Arts .

Look I am giving you 5's because I have that right based your biased unsubstantiated claims .
    Once I figure out where and what the school is called now I may even decide to check them out and give them a proper grading .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 6:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRHellerich
    Hello there. I know I'm a little late with this thread. Maybe too late, but I really needed to voice my opinion in this case (and trust me, I wouldn't normally). I've been reading through the posts on this topic and I must say that Mr. Tom Reid of World Martial Arts Club(not to be confused with the many OTHER "World Martial Arts" schools) is definitely the genuine article. He is a true "tough guy" and a wonderful human being. Growing up around the Belleville area, I would know a thing or two about the Martial Arts Masters in town(St. Clair County)...and there are alot of them. One thing that they will ALL tell you, is: "Tom is good!" Because he is. Period. Belleville, IL has a wide variety of martial arts schools, and most of them can't even touch World Martial Arts/Belleville Judo Club. This facility is one of the most underrated clubs in the US. At the same time, it's gotta be one of the BEST in the country. This place produces fine Black Belts and anyone who has attained a Black Belt from any of the programs offered at this school is considered "exceptional" at the very least. It is definitely NOT a McDoJo/McDoJang. The instructors absolutely LOVE teaching and sharing their knowledge with their students. This place is for all walks of life and just about anyone can afford to train there. The standards are high, to say the least, and instruction is Superb!
    I've been all over the US and I've trained with some fine martial artists and I can tell you, It was a pleasure just meeting Tom, not to mention having the memorable experience of training with him (for a short time) as a young man.
    LOL the Judo club that we have the TD's at is World Martial Arts ?

Because if so I CAN grade the facilities just not any instruction except for the totaly awesome and massive Judo black belt who showed up on his lunch break to toss us around and submit us .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 5/09/2007 6:54am at .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 7:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckle dragger
    Oh please do. Go in and ask to spar with Tom Reid because you want to see if he is really as good as we say he is. You will be very impressed, and probably hurt too but not to bad. It would be worth it. I think that Tom now has another instructor teaching most of the time but if you let it be known you want to spar him I bet he would accomidate you. In fact, I would like to come watch.

I think I have seen that massive Judo guy you are talking about. He has brown hair, real heavy. Sometimes wears a bule GI. Yeah, that guy is real good. I think I would jump guard if I had to roll with him just to avoid being thrown.
    Nah ... I liked playing at his game . I learned a lot being thrown around like a rag doll and being smothered .

I think you are seriously misunderstanding what I was saying in the posts above . I was giving YOU a chance to test what you thought you learned .

I love sparing people better than me and SINCE THE TD IS ALREADY BEING HELD THERE AT THE SCHOOL maybe I will be able to . None of the TKD guys showed up last time .

I adjusted the scores to reflect what I can personally say about the place . I left the parts I was not familiar with a neutral 5 .

I never said the Tom sucked . What I said was that you were nut riding hard and not offering up anything besides your opinion and unsubstantiated claims ... and that your ratings were fucked up .
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 7:57am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I never said the Tom sucked . What I said was that you were nut riding hard and not offering up anything besides your opinion and unsubstantiated claims ... and that your ratings were fucked up .
    He's right, you know.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 6:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup. And don't get us wrong, 'cause I don't think anybody had a bad word to say about Belleville Judo Club.
    It's just that this is a place for honest reviews. You can do better than that. Are you still coming to the Throwdown?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123