Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 11:09am

Style: BJJ and Westernized TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    deleted due to rude internet wannabees
    Last edited by knuckle dragger; 5/17/2007 12:00pm at .

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 12:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's a nice objective review.

I heard from a guy who once talked to a guy who came into my club that my judo coach killed two elephants with an RNC, at the same time.

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 12:58pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, this looks like a crock of ****.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 1:01pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell, I may take up TKD after all

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 9:18am

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No dojang is perfect i love tkd but even i know its not perfect and to say your dojang is perfect is not only ridiculous it freakin arrogant.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 1:47pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The objections raised are not just for your scores, you idiot.

Your 'review' is nothing more than a string of gushing, sycophantic allegories about how much of a bad mofo the instructor is. Guess what, we don't care about some anonymous student coming here with 'stories' about how he took apart a world kickboxing champion (you need to back this **** up, a name would be real nice), and we certainly don't care if "he could have totally, you know, owned in kickboxing if he wanted to", if he's got no fight record then your words don't mean a fucking thing in this regard.

Now, taekwondo has not got a good repution around here, especially WTF style, so a 10 for striking instruction is going come under immediate scrutiny. Admitedly, some of the **** it gets is just bandwagoning, but an awful lot is pretty deserved. That being said, they do participate in the olympics, so for this gym to recieve a high score in striking instruction I would expect it to at least have a few olympic level competitors under it's belt, if not a few decent kickboxing and MMA competitors as well. Does it?

You also make no mention of they gym, it's size, the quality and availability of it's equipment or it's facilities. We would like to hear more about these.

Maybe arguing on the internet is like the special olympics... but in that case, right now you're losing. This would make you sub-retarded, no?

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 8:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Western boxing sounds good, and I didn't give my opinion of TKD. So, has your gym produced any competitors of note?

As for gong sau, I live in England, if you're really that set on coming over I'm up for a friendly sparring match. There's a throwdown at Grimbsy pretty soon, I was half planning on attending anyway (assuming Dave wouldn't shoot me when I got there), if you're set on it I could meet you there.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 2/16/2007 8:47pm at .

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 5:00am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckle dragger
    Man F*ck Y*ou. If you think I am going to get into a pissing contest with someone who is probably a yellow belt fourth grader you are wrong.
    Because, of course, yellow belt fourth graders are common around these parts...

I have no desire to swap insults with keyboard commandos or internet tough guys.
    Because you'd be called to face the fact that your training isn't what you think it was, or that you aren't as badass as you've been led to believe? It's hard confronting reality sometimes... We understand...

I don't know if you are anywhere near St. Louis MO but if you are, give me a time and date and I will meet you and give you a demonstration of "Martial Arts".
    You won't trade insults, but you'll drop challenges? Yeah, you've definitely got the superior set of morals...

As far as your low opinion of TKD. This school fully incorporated Western Boxing,
    Which means it isn't TKD anymore, stud. If TKD was so great, it wouldn't be running all over creation "incorporating" material from other arts. That, in and of itself, points out the hemorraging flaws of this pathetic "art." The only people that think TKD is a good thing are the ignorant, who know no better. Pretty much everyone else transcends the mind-wiping brain-wash by training in something else...

If you can't express yourself in a civil way, I have nothing else to say to you.
    Enjoy not talking, then. :occasion1

Posted On:
    3/12/2007 4:52pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why a 10 for grappling?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2007 5:06pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckle dragger
    I think if you look again you will notice that the grappeling catagory was NA. I wish that I had just left these topics unrated. I know that I can not give an unbiased accounting for this school.

I have a lot of memories tied up with this school. My sister had an annurism that burst in class there. The doctors called it an arterial venal malformation. Basically it was an annurism. They said it was a good thing it happened while we were in class and not while she was home sleeping. We were just doing situps when it happened. An ambulance came and took her to the hospital. She is O.K. now but it was close.

We never talked about money with Tom (my instructor) but I know that my Dad quit paying for the classes that last year. Tom let us go for free.

I remember one time I made Tom mad. I had a case of walking Pneumonia. I had absolutely no wind whatsoever. None, I was sick. Tom had invited another school on the weekend and we were going to spar with them. Kind of like a two school tournament. I guess he was good friends with their instructor. Well, Tom really wanted one of his upper belts to compete. I had told everyone before hand that I was sick and would not be competing. I just assumed Rob would. Rob was the senior student. He was also very good. Well for some reason Rob just did not want to spar. So Tom asked me to. I had just come to watch. But I did not want to let him down so I went home and got my gear, came back and sparred.

I fought the other teams best black belt. The first round I was tearing him up. The guy was fast but he left himself open a lot and he really had no power. So I am just tagging him right and left. (This was taekwondo rules with allowing punching to the face, continuous rounds. Not points, we did not do points.)
    Then came time for the second round. About halfway into it I am dead on my feet. I can't breath, my lungs are burning and sore and this jerk is trying to hit me as hard as he can. So I said to myself, I can either quit or knock his ass out. So I tried to knock him out.

I reverted to a little street fighting, more like hockey fighting. I grabbed his lapel in my left hand and just started hammering him with my right. Hard. I was ignoring all of his techniques and just beating on his head. Eventually he dropped to one knee but I kept hitting him. I know this was stupid but I was trying to end the fight. I had no wind and I did not want to be embarassed in front of my class and family by losing to this guy. Just when I was about to deliver another right hand I heard Tom yell my name and I looked up and he was pissed. I could see in his eyes that I was about half a second away from an ass whooping. So I let my opponent go. Tom told me later that I embarassed him. I was very sorry about that. I was a jerk when I was young. No doubt about it.
    :bs: like this one time at TKD camp i totally kicked some dudes ass no really its true:nobodycar
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast