Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 2:43pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    It must have been the summer I spent being brainwashed by a radical feminist militia.

They're an insidious threat. We've lost a lot of good men (and women) to those devils since the 60's. I hear they're even trying to infiltrate the White House!
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 4:05pm

Style: Krav Maga & MACS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakinonioi
    I hear they're even trying to infiltrate the White House!
    I have no problem with a woman in the White House, just please GOD not that one. That will be a bad day for America, she has already proven that she is only out for herself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 7:45pm

Style: Sanda, Taijiquan ( Chen)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    Hey, he's only a English teacher in his early 20's with a some taste about picking chicks.

From http://www.asianavenue.com/gateway/d...ser_id=1108102 to http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/MaartenSFS/1.jpg i think he has advanced a lot.

Seriously Mr. Maarten Sebastiaan Franks Spijker, if you don't have more to contribute to this thread than your understandable sinophilia (and that doesn't authorize you to post racist comments about korean, or any other, people) you should refrain from posting.
    I am far from a Sinophile. Or I wouldn't be living in China, studying Chinese, and have a Chinese wife. ;) And I don't hate Korea, I just hate TKD. If you all feel so excited trying to defend TKD you should at least be able to support your opinions with good, clean reasons. I don't think that this is asking too much. And thank you about my wife. =P

- Maarten Sebastiaan Franks Spijker

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MaverickZ. I guess I must have struck a nerve. Whether you agree or disagree with my statements, you have no right to attack my person. Without civilness we are all just animals. At least try to hold yourself up above that line. Perhaps I am not an MA knowledge God, but there is one thing that I know: You are an arsehole.

In my opinion, if it's good, it can't be TKD anymore. Unless some aging master (Who knows his ****) survives somewhere and can teach new students to carry on the art, it would just be creating something new or copying something that already exists. And if that is the case, what's the point?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 8:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by emboesso
    that's exactly why you are a sinophile, the opposite of which would be a sinophobe.
    O, I was thinking sinophobe - stayed up way past my bedtime yesternigh'. I'm also not a sinophobe, because I can think of many more things that I hate about China. You can't take my points out of context. And I tend to over-exaggerate. You'll understand over time. ;)

P.S. I'll give you some background as to why I fucking hate TKD:

I studied TKD for about 5 years. After 5 years I did Combat Hapkido for a while. I got my arse handed to me every time there. The main teacher there made me look like a gnat (He cross-trained), even though I was like twice as tall as him. Stripped of my honour and confidence, I decided to move on and vowed never to look back. Now I'm feeling good again. TKD is not a complete MA. A complete MA covers almost every aspect of fighting or at least trains you to deal with the situation. TKD does not.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaartenSFS
    MaverickZ. I guess I must have struck a nerve. Whether you agree or disagree with my statements, you have no right to attack my person. Without civilness we are all just animals. At least try to hold yourself up above that line. Perhaps I am not an MA knowledge God, but there is one thing that I know: You are an arsehole.

In my opinion, if it's good, it can't be TKD anymore. Unless some aging master (Who knows his ****) survives somewhere and can teach new students to carry on the art, it would just be creating something new or copying something that already exists. And if that is the case, what's the point?

You appear to be confusing "TKD sucks" with you being a worthless, inbred, sister fucking, useless excuse for a **** nozzle masquerading as a human. And whatever potential worth you may have had as your mother's **** spawn you lost the moment that that pile of diarrhea and vomit in your skull decided to let your face open its sphincter.
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 2/13/2007 9:59pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 11:12pm

Style: JKD BJJ JUDO MUY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Nope, no grappling in it. I am a firm advocate of crosstraining. If someone wants to learn to grapple EFFECTIVELY, then they need to take BJJ/Judo. Otherwise it would be crappling.

I would like to change it to give someone a stand up fighting style, that may actually work.

To me, TKD is an explosive standup style. It requires great felxibility, and balance.
    I enjoy TKD, however, it is lacking in the SD dept.

(Self Defense)

There is another thread in this forum called "TKD...changes?" Please feel free to stop by and drop some pennies (2 to be precise).
    Does TKD have throws in it? We have incorporated several throws into our system.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by biomed190
    Does TKD have throws in it? We have incorporated several throws into our system.
    Karate had throws in it. If TKD held over any of those then it has throws. Otherwise it doesn't unless you add them yourself. But according to the overriding principle of 'don't let your enemy get closer than kicking-range' I think this would be against TKD "logic".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 11:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    You appear to be confusing "TKD sucks" with you being a worthless, inbred, sister fucking, useless excuse for a **** nozzle masquerading as a human. And whatever potential worth you may have had as your mother's **** spawn you lost the moment that that pile of diarrhea and vomit in your skull decided to let your face open its sphincter.
    The only mistake I made was communicating with an overgrown tumour. It baffles me how the conversation got so far. I think I need to consult a physician.

The visit would go like this:"Hm... Seeing talking tumours are we...? It could be a severe form of dillusion."

Afterwhich I would enquire: "Dillusion?"

To which the answer would be: "You know, like the people that do TKD AND think that they're learning MA. Perhaps the tumour is a manifestation of everything that is vile in this world."

To which I would reply: "Exactly. Here is your well-earned money, good doctor. I know of a certain MaverickZ that would do well to visit you, Mr. Karvorkian (Sp?)."

Last edited by MaartenSFS; 2/14/2007 12:30am at .

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 12:27am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is TKD? Let's face it folks. If there is one thing that separates TKD from other arts (for both ITF and WTF) it is the amount of and specialization in JUMPING, FLYING and SPINNING kicks. Period. Sure, they also have a different way of throwing kicks which can be fast but lose power due to the over emphasis on chambering, but it's mainly the flashy kicks hat matter. Hell, when I read Choi's biography there was even mention of that as being one of the key aspects that made TKD a "new" Korean art.

Funny thing is, though "flashy kicks" are almost universally bagged on (even by shitty Krotty people), they are probably one of the most workable parts of TKD. The spinning back kick is making great headway in MMA. Spinning heal/hook kicks have knockout power even in FC competition. And I even think the flying sidekick has it's place. IMO, the best thing I took out of studying TKD (and pretty much the only worthwhile thing) are the gimmick kicks that can garner a surprise KO.

If TKD wants to become more respected while remaining unique, it needs a realistic full contact venue where, in addition to developing better and more realistic basic punching and kicking, people can pressure test those gimmick kicks.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast