Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 11:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Any that works IRL wars.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, breathing and sucking in/puffing out is probably a shitty way to try to describe tightening abs when you don't know much english.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 12:07pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Dale Dugas Herbs: The Best Chinese Herbs & The Best Jow for the Best Price! Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brothers and sisters(if any),

I recently taught Iron Palm as well as Iron Vest at the Zhang Sang Feng festival in East Stroudsberg, PA this last June. Had over 40 people in my workshop.

Ill be happy to help answer any questions you might have about it. Or Iron Palm

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 10:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So does my method (lots of situps/crushing weights) do the same thing as standing in certain postures, ie does it also strengthen fascia? And two more questions: explain the way the medicines on your link help, ie what do they have, more vitamins and anticlotting agents or something? And how do you practice the internal version of iron palm (cotton palm is the name, I think)--I hear too much about iron palm giving you rickety hands as you get older...
    Last edited by huangshan; 9/05/2007 10:26am at .

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 8:40pm

Dale Dugas Herbs: The Best Chinese Herbs & The Best Jow for the Best Price! Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by huangshan
    So does my method (lots of situps/crushing weights) do the same thing as standing in certain postures, ie does it also strengthen fascia? And two more questions: explain the way the medicines on your link help, ie what do they have, more vitamins and anticlotting agents or something? And how do you practice the internal version of iron palm (cotton palm is the name, I think)--I hear too much about iron palm giving you rickety hands as you get older...

Weights can help you but beware the fine line that exists. You need to learn to rid your body of the residual tension that will cause it to stiffen up.

Situps work your hip flexors more than any other muscle. So no they wont develop the same thing as the whole body that is brought into play with Iron Vest training which can be found within authentic Bagua training as well. Many bagua people do not train iron vest but get the same effects as all the twisting and turning helps to thicken the fascia as well as teach you to take force and feed it through your non tensed body into the ground. Hence when you strike me, the power does not have any tension to break, and cause destruction.

The medicine helps to cool down the hot energy that serious internal programs can build up in men. The first level of energy is the kidney energy and that is hormonal, i.e. sexual energy will build up serious when you are meditating. The herbs help you cool down and retain/restrain the essence to further refine it.

Internal Iron Palm has some external training(the tapping of the shot bag) but you are doing some serious internal work before during and after as well as learning to go even softer after the first few years to set your foundation.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 10:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Physical Therapy 4 Ankle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any valid proof that is common access that I could look at to see that IronVest really hardens or even helps the body absorb an impact?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 11:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so i have some strengthened fascia where my abs are, but nowhere else? So in other words, if I did have it somewhere else, it'd be like my abs? Cause that would mean that someone like that'd be nigh invincible to all but bladed weapons.

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 4:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by huangshan
    Okay, so i have some strengthened fascia where my abs are, but nowhere else? So in other words, if I did have it somewhere else, it'd be like my abs? Cause that would mean that someone like that'd be nigh invincible to all but bladed weapons.
    They are not nigh invulnerable (you cannot take something from the tick and not cite the reference...) rather they can take a higher level of punishment than someone who is untrained.

Nothing is magic. Combine this skill with great bodywork and footwork and you can deal with a lot of abuse coming at you.

Be well, train hard

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 9:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am still wondering if there is any valid reasearch or even commonly accepted proof backing this? Does anyone have any links or peer reviewed articals they can point me to?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 11:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I don't know how to cite, actually, 'cause the controls on this forum are kind of weird. And Slade, it's not like you need a scientist to research how it works (they did it anyways), but I think that if you gut check a practitioner of this, you would not doubt the viability of the tech in combat. If its proof you need, look up fascia and what happens when you strengthen them. In fact, look up what boxers do to be able to take gut checks. It has been proven to work in countless boxing matches, and the science is in the fascia research. Now take what boxers do, and the fact that it is for the abdomen, and apply the same principle to the entire body. The techniques are different, but the result is the toughened fascia.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After doing some research the only thing that came up is reguarding body harding and boxers it that it have never been scientificaly researched and is a much debated subject. Some coachs don't even pratice medican ball training and instead focus that time on weights and neck exercises.

As for fascia its a connective tissue that medical scientists have been able to strengthened through chemicals/hormons (mostly prenatel research on this) but not through physical exercise.

If you have medical sites not that I can not find through my university or other peer reviewd/ medically factual sites please inform me.
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast