Administrator

Posted On:
    7/11/2008 5:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper
    The transaction isn't entirely risk free - accidents, when they happen, involve a pointy-thing under pressure, pointing directly at your windpipe. Back when I did CMA, my job during demos was to press on my sifu's back so that he wouldn't be pushed back by the spear (he being a little guy, and the white wax wood the spear is made of is very springy). One time he was using a spear that just would not break. By the time he realized it wasn't going to go, he was past the point of no return - he couldn't push forward any farther, and backing off would mean the spear would fire off unpredictably.
    Notice:

Just like illusions it does take skill and you can get hurt. Then again the implication, use in fighting, is not a transferable.
    I'm probably going to move this to the other Thread. We are going off on a tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    So anone could do that with thier neck? There is no conditioning involved?
    Not the type you are thinking. It is a trick you have to learn and practice like wushu flips. They are cool, require skill, and improperly done can get you hurt.

Neither the spear trick nor the flip will help you fight.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/11/2008 6:43pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2008 2:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the 1980s, Gene Chicoine and John Allen wrote an Iron palm article for Inside Kung Fu. In it they claimed that they could hit a stack of bricks and selectively break any brick in the stack that they chose.

Chicoine also wrote that he could slap someone on the chest and that later on a hand imprint would appear on the person's back, while the chest was unmarked.

Real or Bullshido?

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    7/12/2008 7:45am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Not the type you are thinking. It is a trick you have to learn and practice like wushu flips. They are cool, require skill, and improperly done can get you hurt.

Neither the spear trick nor the flip will help you fight.
    I hope you guys are listening to this.

People like to find "mystical" training useless, but try to follow this line of thought.

You aren't going to learn brick breaking/weapon tricks and your local mma gym for another tool to use in your fight game, but the concentration and focus that learning a skill like this requires is definetly something of use.

I'm not saying that it is practical, or a good use of time for everyone, depending on your goals, but, it has its value.

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2008 11:21pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shmuel
    Real or Bullshido?
    I have heard of the selective bricks thing a long time ago, my cousin told me about it and I wondered about it for a long time. I think it is bullshit now, looking back at my cousin's Steven Seagal worshiping ass, but it would be cool if that were possible.

I think things like this come from movies and then crazy martial artists just claim to be able to do movie **** to snare some new students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 12:39am

Style: Mogung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mantis View Post
    Is it a bath type thing or a rub down deal during the exercise? Throughout the day?

Are there "internal" benefits?

I don't think the combat ki guys ever claimed to train golden bell, I've never seen liniments or heard them talk about herbs.

I'm coming at this from the preconceived notion that it's just something some dude made up after watching kung fu movies (probably 5 deadly venoms).
    Golden bell develops the golden principle, hence the name. Iron skills are inferior and are mostly conditioning and hardening. The herbs are water based containing shechuangtzu, gancao, rock salt, and digupi usually. Its used at least 3 times a week to prevent fire poisoning. It also prevents callouses.

Most cosmetics nowadays are using various extracts of goji berrys for reducing dark spots. The goal is actually to spread the energy along the surface of the body deliberarly and the use of jows is a rediculous notion, as it would be counterproductive to the results. Lots of talk but no explaination makes various methods questionable.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 7:02am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Golden Bell is just another name that is much fancier than Iron Vest/Iron Body/Copper Jacket....

How about some videos of yourself demonstrating your abilities?

To say that Golden Bell is something superior is pure rubbish.

There are internal versions of Iron Body that do not hit the body at all.

I trained in and teach internal methods to develop this skill and can demonstrate it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 8:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiyaaa View Post
    Golden bell develops the golden principle, hence the name. Iron skills are inferior and are mostly conditioning and hardening. The herbs are water based containing shechuangtzu, gancao, rock salt, and digupi usually. Its used at least 3 times a week to prevent fire poisoning. It also prevents callouses.
    Dale did he just try to separate Golden bell from Iron Skill training? Is that what this means? He said Golden bell is superior to Iron Skill training?

What year did they become separate disciplines and not a fancy name?

Most cosmetics nowadays are using various extracts of goji berrys for reducing dark spots. The goal is actually to spread the energy along the surface of the body deliberarly and the use of jows is a rediculous notion, as it would be counterproductive to the results. Lots of talk but no explaination makes various methods questionable.
    You sell a specific product don't you?

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 12:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This person whoever they are have no idea what they are talking about.

That they think a fancier name means something is better is the tell tale sign.

That and the mention that herbs are useless.

Ignorance can get you killed.

good luck with that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 7:42pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol at "the use of jows is ridiculous." I'm really interested to see this guy demonstrate some Golden Bell for the masses, so we can all join up to drink the Kool Aid.

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 7:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they are just another of the unnamed masses who populate forums and never step up and post who they really are, and what they actually can or cannot do as is in this case.

If they could they would produce a video. or have people visit to see if they can or cannot back up what they make claims about.

Oh well, its not really an issue. There are more cowards and mouthboxers on here and most of the other martial arts forums than actual real people who train most of the time anyway. It has become the norm.

again no biggie. keep training and ignore the trolls

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 24 LastLast