Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20212223 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 1:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hung gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy in TUF you metioned was Luke Cummo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 11:05am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    I'd also say yoga isn't necessary for the average Joe.

Doesn't make it useless either.
    I'm not quite sure where I said it was useless. But, I still stand by the statement that it isn't necessary for an average guy interested in learning how to fight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 2:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao
    I'm not quite sure where I said it was useless. But, I still stand by the statement that it isn't necessary for an average guy interested in learning how to fight.
    Didn't say you did?
    No one said it was necessary either but, you put it out there didn't you?

That was my point.

It's a tool, nothing more. No one's saying it gives teh_d34th touch, except maybe Lacy and his followers.
    But no, you don't need it to be a good fighter. It is just a tool. Nice to know your hands won't break easily.
    My understanding is that iron palm is like any sort of conditioning, in that it toughens and strengthens the body part you are training to be more resistant to pain, injury, etc.
    All this was said BEFORE you posted. I said useless on purpose the reason was, to show you the redundancy of your statement. Also, how easy it is to pull an improper implication out of someones words.

Just to reinforce the above.

No one said it was necessary the closest was:
    You don't see the practical usage of hand conditioning for a fighter?
    That's hand conditioning period not just Iron Palm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 2:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, ok.

I just don't want the OP to continue to think that asking this sort of thing on the internet is going to give him a nice HOW TO: HANDS OF STONE-CHOPPING (in 5 easy steps). It's potentially dangerous if he doesn't have someone that really knows what they are doing showing him personally.

I know I wouldn't trust anyone to learn something like that over the internet AT ALL.

I see what you are saying though, and no, it's not USELESS, but it is worth learning properly, and that's not going to happen over the internet AFAIK.

I hope that was clear enough.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 2:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, ok.

I just don't want the OP to continue to think that asking this sort of thing on the internet is going to give him a nice HOW TO: HANDS OF STONE-CHOPPING (in 5 easy steps). It's potentially dangerous if he doesn't have someone that really knows what they are doing showing him personally.

I know I wouldn't trust anyone to learn something like that over the internet AT ALL.

I see what you are saying though, and no, it's not USELESS, but it is worth learning properly, and that's not going to happen over the internet AFAIK.

I hope that was clear enough.
    Now, explain how I'm supposed to get all of the above out of these two STATEMENTS.

. But, I still stand by the statement that it isn't necessary for an average guy interested in learning how to fight.
    Hey, I'd say Iron Palm is real.

I'd also say it's not really needed for the average Joe in order to be able to fight.
    I see.

You know your post is kind of funny? I see your point but you did it again. Now granted krood1 can be an idiot and has posted "HAI GUIZ HOW DO DEE VEE DEE TIE CHEEZE."

He asked a question. It was answered. If you had of typed the above post FIRST, I wouldn't have said anything.

Also, how easy it is to pull an improper implication out of someones words.
    Notice he never said anything about learning it from a DVD or internet.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/01/2008 2:40pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 2:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, but he did ask for tips (best way to use the "iron palm bag") and benefits; that, AND the krav/boxing in his style field led me to believe that he wasn't receiving proper instruction otherwise.

I could be wrong, but it just seemed like he was looking for the shortcut to tah deadly. Sorry for any misunderstanding, and I'll try to be a little clearer in future posting.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 4:01pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, but he did ask for tips (best way to use the "iron palm bag") and benefits; that, AND the krav/boxing in his style field led me to believe that he wasn't receiving proper instruction otherwise.

I could be wrong, but it just seemed like he was looking for the shortcut to tah deadly. Sorry for any misunderstanding, and I'll try to be a little clearer in future posting.

Well we agree so, I won't argue anymore but,

Is there ANY benefit to hitting an Iron Palm Bag? Does it really condition your hands or is that all nonsense? If it is a benefit can you explain the best way to use and list benefits?
    I think we read it different.

You have to remember there are many articles about IP the common denominator is the IP Bag. I know people that don't train and all they remember is IP=Deadly=Hitting Bags.

That is the way I took the question. He may have asked it in another thread, if so I can understand your post better.

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 5:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    save your time and get some 'sap' gloves

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:33pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tao
    It's worth it in my opinion, if you have the time and the guts to do it. As long as you have some tiger balm, or some iron palm medicine it's a good thing to have. If you wonder what Iron palms about here's the science behind it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff's_law

Iron palm/ Iron hand is extreamly useful for fighting, because your turning your hand into a brick wrapped in steak. The biggest thing in any iron bone training is it makes it harder to break bones that have been conditioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    There is NO SCIENCE behind Iron Palm. There is no proof that Iron Palm works.

There is anecdotal evidence produced by people who believe it works. Many people say they have forged hands yet, they never produce the before and after X-rays.

That said I did IP for quite awhile it works. Although, hitting a heavy bag also works. Wiki is full of **** when it comes to most Martial art articles, please site another source.
    Guys, it's called occupational bone wear patterns.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 10:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    Guys, it's called occupational bone wear patterns.
    No science to prove it works.
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20212223 ... LastLast