228172 Bullies, 4684 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 171 to 180 of 236
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. EmetShamash is offline
    EmetShamash's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    516

    Posted On:
    1/29/2008 4:28pm


     Style: Chinese Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a Kung Fu Magazine with an article on Louis Mandylor who is an actor whom also studies Huang Jia Quan. It says in the article that he refers to it as Shaolin sepaki (what does this mean?).

    Anyway, he does some seriously hard training on iron and steel, ie a 1400 lb solid iron wing chun dummy. "instead of having a few wimpy wooden sticks representing arms. Louis is whacking away on 6 iron arms attached to what appears to be sawed truck suspension springs that are embedded into a 2-foot diameter solid iron body."

    The article goes on to talk about the torture chamber of **** he does to himself including a wrecking ball he calls a punching bag. Now mind you he looks like he is still attractive and his hands do not in the least resemble claws of any variety.

    His sifu is Winston Omega who also taught Gary Daniels. Omega is also said to teach old style Thai Boxing.
  2. NJM is offline
    NJM's Avatar

    Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,682

    Posted On:
    1/29/2008 5:33pm


     Style: CMA, MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, "Grandmaster Lacy"? The one who invented ox-style hitting and his own Tai Chi style and sells all those tapes?

    Definitely a troll if you're seriously praising that guy.
  3. Mor Sao is offline
    Mor Sao's Avatar

    Nothing for Show, All for use

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    1,622

    Posted On:
    1/29/2008 5:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lacy knows nothing and it rather obvious.







  4. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,234

    Posted On:
    1/29/2008 8:45pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry0r0ku
    Well...I believe it probably works...but I don't see much practical usage of it....toughness is more important for blocking than for attacking and based on what I've seen, you don't go out of your way to block with your hands....
    That's why you condition your forearms.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  5. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,234

    Posted On:
    1/29/2008 9:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There has been so much 'debate', if one can properly refer to it as such, on Bullshido over the years about iron palm/iron body that it is beyond redundant.
    I have been conditioning my hands and forearms for a few years and I have witnessed the benefits. That is all the proof I need. Wikipedia is the last place anyone should go to when researching such things..
    Having said that, if you aren't taught properly and don't have access to proper medicine it won't work for you. Not only that, but you can risk injuring yourself. And not just hurting your hands either, you need to learn how to breathe properly as well or you in danger of causing internal bleeding.
    If anyone is actually praising lacy and/or taking him seriously in any way they should be banned and/or shot immediately.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  6. Mor Sao is offline
    Mor Sao's Avatar

    Nothing for Show, All for use

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    1,622

    Posted On:
    1/30/2008 4:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ
    There has been so much 'debate', if one can properly refer to it as such, on Bullshido over the years about iron palm/iron body that it is beyond redundant.
    I have been conditioning my hands and forearms for a few years and I have witnessed the benefits. That is all the proof I need. Wikipedia is the last place anyone should go to when researching such things..
    Having said that, if you aren't taught properly and don't have access to proper medicine it won't work for you. Not only that, but you can risk injuring yourself. And not just hurting your hands either, you need to learn how to breathe properly as well or you in danger of causing internal bleeding.
    If anyone is actually praising lacy and/or taking him seriously in any way they should be banned and/or shot immediately.
    agreed.

    Lacy Knows Nothing.







  7. nomamao is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    666

    Posted On:
    1/30/2008 6:45pm


     Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I'd say Iron Palm is real.

    I'd also say it's not really needed for the average Joe in order to be able to fight.
  8. NJM is offline
    NJM's Avatar

    Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,682

    Posted On:
    1/30/2008 6:56pm


     Style: CMA, MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao
    Hey, I'd say Iron Palm is real.

    I'd also say it's not really needed for the average Joe in order to be able to fight.
    If it was needed to be able to fight, the UFC wouldn't exist as (as far as I know) none of the fighters do Iron Palm.

    It's a tool, nothing more. No one's saying it gives teh_d34th touch, except maybe Lacy and his followers.
  9. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,234

    Posted On:
    1/30/2008 9:14pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJM
    If it was needed to be able to fight, the UFC wouldn't exist as (as far as I know) none of the fighters do Iron Palm.

    It's a tool, nothing more. No one's saying it gives teh_d34th touch, except maybe Lacy and his followers.
    There was a guy on that TUF show (season 1 , I think) that was doing iron palm actually..I can't recall his name.
    But no, you don't need it to be a good fighter. It is just a tool. Nice to know your hands won't break easily.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    1/30/2008 11:21pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao
    Hey, I'd say Iron Palm is real.

    I'd also say it's not really needed for the average Joe in order to be able to fight.
    I'd also say yoga isn't necessary for the average Joe.

    Doesn't make it useless either.
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.