Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2008 4:28pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a Kung Fu Magazine with an article on Louis Mandylor who is an actor whom also studies Huang Jia Quan. It says in the article that he refers to it as Shaolin sepaki (what does this mean?).

Anyway, he does some seriously hard training on iron and steel, ie a 1400 lb solid iron wing chun dummy. "instead of having a few wimpy wooden sticks representing arms. Louis is whacking away on 6 iron arms attached to what appears to be sawed truck suspension springs that are embedded into a 2-foot diameter solid iron body."

The article goes on to talk about the torture chamber of **** he does to himself including a wrecking ball he calls a punching bag. Now mind you he looks like he is still attractive and his hands do not in the least resemble claws of any variety.

His sifu is Winston Omega who also taught Gary Daniels. Omega is also said to teach old style Thai Boxing.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    1/29/2008 5:33pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, "Grandmaster Lacy"? The one who invented ox-style hitting and his own Tai Chi style and sells all those tapes?

Definitely a troll if you're seriously praising that guy.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    1/29/2008 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lacy knows nothing and it rather obvious.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2008 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry0r0ku
    Well...I believe it probably works...but I don't see much practical usage of it....toughness is more important for blocking than for attacking and based on what I've seen, you don't go out of your way to block with your hands....
    That's why you condition your forearms.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2008 9:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There has been so much 'debate', if one can properly refer to it as such, on Bullshido over the years about iron palm/iron body that it is beyond redundant.
    I have been conditioning my hands and forearms for a few years and I have witnessed the benefits. That is all the proof I need. Wikipedia is the last place anyone should go to when researching such things..
    Having said that, if you aren't taught properly and don't have access to proper medicine it won't work for you. Not only that, but you can risk injuring yourself. And not just hurting your hands either, you need to learn how to breathe properly as well or you in danger of causing internal bleeding.
    If anyone is actually praising lacy and/or taking him seriously in any way they should be banned and/or shot immediately.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ
    There has been so much 'debate', if one can properly refer to it as such, on Bullshido over the years about iron palm/iron body that it is beyond redundant.
    I have been conditioning my hands and forearms for a few years and I have witnessed the benefits. That is all the proof I need. Wikipedia is the last place anyone should go to when researching such things..
    Having said that, if you aren't taught properly and don't have access to proper medicine it won't work for you. Not only that, but you can risk injuring yourself. And not just hurting your hands either, you need to learn how to breathe properly as well or you in danger of causing internal bleeding.
    If anyone is actually praising lacy and/or taking him seriously in any way they should be banned and/or shot immediately.
    agreed.

Lacy Knows Nothing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 6:45pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I'd say Iron Palm is real.

I'd also say it's not really needed for the average Joe in order to be able to fight.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 6:56pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao

I'd also say it's not really needed for the average Joe in order to be able to fight.
    If it was needed to be able to fight, the UFC wouldn't exist as (as far as I know) none of the fighters do Iron Palm.

It's a tool, nothing more. No one's saying it gives teh_d34th touch, except maybe Lacy and his followers.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 9:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJM
    If it was needed to be able to fight, the UFC wouldn't exist as (as far as I know) none of the fighters do Iron Palm.

It's a tool, nothing more. No one's saying it gives teh_d34th touch, except maybe Lacy and his followers.
    There was a guy on that TUF show (season 1 , I think) that was doing iron palm actually..I can't recall his name.
    But no, you don't need it to be a good fighter. It is just a tool. Nice to know your hands won't break easily.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 11:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao

I'd also say yoga isn't necessary for the average Joe.

Doesn't make it useless either.
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast