Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 4:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Southard Combat Systems

Before I start I want to make it clear that I have no first hand Knowledge of Mr. Southard teach or martial arts ablities.

At christmas I returned to North Carolina to see my family and my cousin told me about a local instructor Tony Southard. That he was a world renound MA instructor and body guard. We I returned home I did a little checking and there seems to be alot of Bull.

http://www.maa-i.com/who/4/Vera_A__M..._southard.html

http://www.southardcombatsystems.com/

1. there is the just plain silly list of ranks. Some which do not exsist to my knowledge (my favorite is the PhD. And the rest would take too long to get.

2. Second his history is funny. He says he was "Asked" to fight in the olympics in TKD, Also
    he was suppose to fight for the PKA world championship but had to drop out due to a shoulder injury. What he never got another chance ?

3. His list of Halls of Fame is funny. A bunch of jokes.

4. Most importantly is the clips. He is a terrible striker. I think they speak for themselves.

Any way I just wanted to see what everyone though. I am going to do some more looking into this in the future.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 8:40am

Style: MT Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my word!!!

I'm not quite sure how to express how much the striking sucked.

Yet another great American 10th degree

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 11:28am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does the guy with the pad keep falling over. I like the kick that is used in case you are attacked by a cigarette.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 12:17pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I'm the idiot here, but I've never heard of a Phd. in self-defense. My university has no such thing. The two other things I take issue with are the bottle break (is that even possible the way he did it?) and the bat break. I've seen people break bats and it always looked like they had to kick it a helluva lot harder that that. I wonder if that bat had been weakened.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 12:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    Maybe I'm the idiot here, but I've never heard of a Phd. in self-defense. My university has no such thing. The two other things I take issue with are the bottle break (is that even possible the way he did it?) and the bat break. I've seen people break bats and it always looked like they had to kick it a helluva lot harder that that. I wonder if that bat had been weakened.

Guess you never saw Bo Jackson break the bat over his own head

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that you say that I certainly do. Damnit. I stand corrected. What about the bottle though? You got any thoughts on that?

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 7:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bnathansmith
    Before I start I want to make it clear that I have no first hand Knowledge of Mr. Southard teach or martial arts ablities.

At christmas I returned to North Carolina to see my family and my cousin told me about a local instructor Tony Southard. That he was a world renound MA instructor and body guard. We I returned home I did a little checking and there seems to be alot of Bull.

http://www.maa-i.com/who/4/Vera_A__M..._southard.html

http://www.southardcombatsystems.com/

1. there is the just plain silly list of ranks. Some which do not exsist to my knowledge (my favorite is the PhD. And the rest would take too long to get.

2. Second his history is funny. He says he was "Asked" to fight in the olympics in TKD, Also
    he was suppose to fight for the PKA world championship but had to drop out due to a shoulder injury. What he never got another chance ?

3. His list of Halls of Fame is funny. A bunch of jokes.

4. Most importantly is the clips. He is a terrible striker. I think they speak for themselves.

Any way I just wanted to see what everyone though. I am going to do some more looking into this in the future.
    BNathanSmith & Others,
    Wondering where youall train? I would like to come and see for myself. I think Im gonna go to Southard Combat Systems and see for myself. Why dont we all go show up and see if he knows anything. hehehe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 9:18am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    5th Dan in Submission Kenpo? What the freck? Did I went to sleep last night and woke up 100 years in the future or something?

1st Dan in S.T.E.A.L.T.H. Ninjutsu? What? You drop ninjas from a stealth plane over enemy lines? Are they rocket propelled ninjas? For crying out loud...what bullshido!

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    Maybe I'm the idiot here, but I've never heard of a Phd. in self-defense. My university has no such thing.
    Not sure if that was good ol' sarcasm but in case it wasn't and in case someone else is curious here it goes.

1) Buy your way into MA Hall of Fame

2) Create own MA

3) Get graded in said MA

4) Because you are a master of many arts (or one, or none, doesn't matter as long as you have the cash), you can buy a PhD in MA

5) Masterbate furiously

Not in that order but it gives you an idea of how it works.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 11:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well then, I'm at 20% of earning my own PhD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast