218358 Bullies, 6567 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Another thing you can do is circle the guy faster, so little shuffling steps can't keep you in front of him - if you make him pick up his feet, you'll have more chances to pop him without him throwing a side kick.
    Bingo. Footwork and movement. Face to face (or face to side stance more appropriately) is where that kick is effective. :glasses1:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 12:48am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    The high, fast ones can be troublesome. In my fight against Jennifer Han I was getting eaten up bad with push kicks to the chest (my right boob was sore as hell after that fight). I think one good way of dealing with those is to lean back in anticipation for them, taking away most of the impact (it's hard to get as much penetration on the higher straight kicks) and catch the foot as they try to bring it back. Maybe not the best way, but I see a lot of people using this method pretty successfully.
    One way I've found to deal with this very well, from watching Cung Le's fights, is to move back slightly to lessen the kick's power, then clamp down on their foot with your gloves.

He steps back slightly, then uses his left glove to cup below the kicker's ankles, and then clamp the right glove on top of the foot. From there you can pull to offbalance him, then chop his supporting leg. Or pull him in, then right cross.

The Hebrew Hammer

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 1:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    Any strategies that work against sanda fighters who like to throw side kicks?
    Treat the side kick much like a front feep, scoop it while side stepping and then attack.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 2:28am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One way I've found to deal with this very well, from watching Cung Le's fights, is to move back slightly to lessen the kick's power, then clamp down on their foot with your gloves.

He steps back slightly, then uses his left glove to cup below the kicker's ankles, and then clamp the right glove on top of the foot. From there you can pull to offbalance him, then chop his supporting leg. Or pull him in, then right cross.
    Yeah, some dude showed me that at Arbiter's sanda gym when we went to the boston throwdown
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

:)

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any strategies that work against sanda fighters who like to throw side kicks?
    My teacher has us train to either trap catch the kick by the foot/ankle while arching the stomach in a little to move the stomach back some inches, and strike or throw.... or angle in, scooping it to the inside, and getting good position, and from there, strike or throw.

One thing you might do is try to bait them to throw it by faking jumping in, just find how much of a lurch will provoke the kick, then come inside at an angle and lay into them. Or catch it, pull back a little, and circle the ankle down and to the inside, then kick out the supporting leg in roughly the same direction as the momentum of their other leg. It takes a bit of practice, to do it, I can't yet...but I'm one of those guys who likes to throw the sidekick...I'm usually happy to stay outside and kick, kick, kick.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 7:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to say that i like what i am seeing here in this thread i heard bullshido was known for verbal attacks! Ah Well!

I have sen several ways to deal with this style of attack.

1. When they go to raise the leg knee them either upwards if the leg is extended or knee them inwards with the knee starts chambered, both knock the other person off balance. If you catch them at the right time try to kick the support leg after the knee with both type of knees.

2. The catch is nice at same time with this always kick the support leg in my opinion. With stomp or round house or font kick to the support leg you will control distance in this move an your opponent as well.

3. When you step off line attack the kicking leg with the only upward kick an time i ever suggest is when there leg is in the position to damage them not you this has to be fast an instantly on seeing the leg extend. I say never do an upward kick cause the possible blocks that can completely break your leg is greater than not. Except when they are extended in this type kick or other types as well. Never do upward kick to weaken there legs.

I know i am a noob but this is just my personal opinion.

And if you just are wanting to shut down there kicks try this kick them as soon as you see them begin to start a kick us a front kick something that you are fast at. Do not try to over power them you need to instantly get there so relax and hit with even focus an control, this is done to make your opponent mad. The point of this style of kicking is to post through them to the ground.
    Last edited by forgetit; 6/12/2007 7:36pm at .

:)

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 8:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    One of Cung Le's fights he KOs the guy with a jump reverse sidekick. Catches him right under the ribs it looks like, dude is on his way down and Cung tags him in the face with a punch, but he is CLEARLY already out of it.
    Yeah, that was Mike Altman, another San Shou guy, turned mma fighter. If I remember, while he was in the air, he kind of threw a short kick fake as he spun into the actual kick...the guy bounced off the cage..and ate a right....no 12oz gloves to mask Cung's power either.,.....that fight was textbook...Cung Le could put a hurt to a great deal of mma guys...and hopefully will soon. There's more money in mma I imagine, I hope to see him in mma again soon.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2007 3:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Yeah, that was Mike Altman, another San Shou guy, turned mma fighter. If I remember, while he was in the air, he kind of threw a short kick fake as he spun into the actual kick...the guy bounced off the cage..and ate a right....no 12oz gloves to mask Cung's power either.,.....that fight was textbook...Cung Le could put a hurt to a great deal of mma guys...and hopefully will soon. There's more money in mma I imagine, I hope to see him in mma again soon.
    Cung what division does he fight in? i think he will get his ass handed to him in MMA fight .
    i actually like Cung Le don't get me wrong there is some serous ly deep talent in UFC, Pride, World Extreme Cage (WEC). Sound to me like you want Cung to get hurt cause a lot of the setup thing he does would not work in an environment that would fight mainly on the ground. Now if they go an fight Cung Le in his enviroment were he is used to the rules he would win.
    Last edited by forgetit; 6/14/2007 1:10am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2007 4:33pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have seen Buakaw do this in many of his fights, and I cover it with my students.

All the options presented here are good and I would only add in the field of psychological combat.

I am a big fan of kicking the base leg out, what we call the cut kick. That nice lateral step to the outside and then kicking the base leg so they are looking at both feet in shock as they fall to the earth.

The reason I prefer this method is humiliation and doubt. Knock him on his ass once or twice this way and he will throw that side kick a LOT less.

If you would rather go for pain kick higher up on the leg, for the fall go towards the bottom of the calf area.

Nothing like having some one busting your ass a few times to break moral…or piss them off really, really bad. But that can only help too as mad people tend to get sloppy ;)
    Later,
    Zyph

P.S. This by far the best MA forum on the web, partly because of the **** talk.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    6/15/2007 8:03am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if it's a high one, about chest level and above?

I had one thought that I'd like to try out after thinking about it for awhile.

- pretend to step in to kick, baiting him to throw the side kick
    - step towards his back side
    - right cross to chin or chop his supporting leg

Haven't tried it on a live opponent yet, so don't know if it'll work.
    Use a TMA style upper block, lifting his leg up and unbalancing him.
    If you do it right, you can unbalance his ass and dump him on his head.
    As a defense against this, you can turn your back and bend your knee, which will leave you momentarily exposed.
    Last edited by Coyote; 6/15/2007 8:09am at .
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast