Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    and for the record Buakow is the ****....seriously tough that young man is. He could take apart just about anyone his weight...and is the exception to many rules about style. He's a natural fighter....could have done anything.
    RESPECT
    This is also not the place for pointless nutriding.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 5:18pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and for the record Buakow is the ****....seriously tough that young man is. He could take apart just about anyone his weight...and is the exception to many rules about style. He's a natural fighter....could have done anything.
    RESPECT
    And in the posted SanDa fight he dosen't really look that good. His is far and away better now. I think that fight was before he won his first K1. Watch how much different his style is now, then when this fight was filmed. He has come a LONG way in his boxing, and his stance is mroe solid it seems (now that is). There is a reason I said he is the patron Saint of MT ;)

P.S. Welcome home Kid and Anna
    Last edited by Zyph; 7/16/2007 5:23pm at .

:)

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 5:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bosco

if it's striking rules only, yes the side kick can be effective if quick enough. Against a grappler - no chance.
    This is a retarded statement...are you willing to vouch for every wrestler's ability, or grapplers skills? that's a bold statement. How about your own? I can most likely land more than a few on you, whether you want to catch them or not, cos they'll be mixed in with stiff jabs and hard crosses to the belly.....if I don't just kick you in the shins till you drop.

You'd do best to come to a throwdown, and show us on camera, then we can all marvel at your skillz. I'll volunteer to be the kicker......you could be the kickee (none of that chest pad bollocks though, stealing my fun)

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 5:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyph
    There is a reason I said he is the patron Saint of MT ;)
    he's earned it, I have the utmost respect. Actually, he's the reason I practice stampkicks with religious ferver, and bounce my front leg to deter low kicks during sparring(always ready to block)

Seeing him fight led me to ask my teacher how to condition my shins (I was told to roll them, or do what he did, kick trees). I did roll them, and kick some bamboo pieces I have, for about 3 or 4 months maybe, but only tried a tree yesterday. I palm struck the trunk, and did round,side and mule kicks on it. It sucked, I have marks all over my shins and one heel....but I went light enough to survive, worked the form properly, and will do so every other day...what the hell...you know? I'd rather follow my teachers advice, his shinbones are like granite...sound like a tabletop when he taps them...the first time he kicked the bag, during my third or fourth class, I wasn't looking, and I thought something exploded, it shook me. I didn't know what I was getting in to yet.

to go back on topic...I've seen him show his advanced students ways to kick the underside of the leg on side kicks and some other stuff....when I find out, I'll share...he doesn't always want me to get into tangents without automatic handling of the basics.
    There he is on the right...great teacher...woke my weak ass up!

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 5:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    This is also not the place for pointless nutriding.
    sorry for that. He's the reason I got serious about it.:ingun:

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry for that. He's the reason I got serious about it.:ingun:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a tremendous Buakaw nutrider. I just like to try and keep this subforum as on topic as possible.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 8:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yep. It can't be easy.:ninjadanc :ninjadanc :ninjadanc :ninjadanc :israel7va :israel7va

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 12:31am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you do BJJ, do you want to do Judo, or Sambo automatically? I doubt it unless super talented and cross trained. wrestlers go to vale tudo? Do all tag karate or TKD men go to kickboxing tournaments? from no head punches to lots of them? it's all difficult, and the guys who do it well....are tough enough and well trained enough to have done it in any fighting sport just about.
    Sorry to drive the point into the ground...I'm a lead guitarist, doesn't mean I can play a mean bass (though I can)....different, but similar needs. Some people want to specialize, I don't get hired to play drums in the studio.
    This is probably off topic, so I'll just keep it to one post. BJJ guys do go compete in Judo tournaments, and BJJ has absorbed the leglocks from Sambo, so you know the weakness and strengths of your art, and you change and improve. You do not have to compete to win, rather compete to know what's good that you can take from other arts.

Old school muay thai used to have very little punching, watch the old clips. They fought people strong in boxing, got beaten at that range, and incorporated it into the art. Look at Buakaw for example, after his loss to Andy Souwer, his boxing skills looked dramatically improved to me.

I like the leg grab and throw moves in san da, I'll probably like to train that. As promised, my last post on this before Kid kicks my behind.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112