its a off shoot of kenpo?

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 1:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just . . . a . . . wee . . . bit . . . more . . . like a linkypoo or two.

--J.D.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like how you got to hear about kensho-ryo, is there a link to see? You'll get as much as you give :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 1:45pm

Style: Uechi Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.ksrhombu.com/ heres their Humbo, theres several links in Google, What state are you in ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 1:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyoshi Mark Sheeley began his martial arts training in Tae Kwon Do earning his Black Belt at the age of twelve under Master Paul T. Cho. In the early 1980s Kyoshi Sheeley, started training in American Kenpo, and in 1987, he began studying exclusively with Professor Nick Cerio. By the mid 1990s, Kyoshi Sheeley had trained hundreds of Black Belts and served as Master Instructor to several Kenpo Jiujitsu Karate schools in New England. During this time, Kyoshi Sheeley won numerous competitions in both open hand and weapons forms. He was nationally rated in competition for three years in a row and was the first Kenpo stylist to go number one in ranking. He has been inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame eleven times, and ten National Champions have trained under him. Kyoshi Sheeley is the founder of Kensho-Ryu International, one of the largest martial arts systems on the east coast, and is currently the director of 14 schools. In 2004 , Kyoshi Sheeley received his 8th dan.(8th degree blackbelt)
    One thing I find that really stands out, is He (Sheeley) Founded this art in 1984, when it shows he started Kenpo in the early 80's
    Last edited by Uechidude; 2/09/2007 2:22pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 2:46pm

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uechidude
    Kyoshi Mark Sheeley began his martial arts training in Tae Kwon Do earning his Black Belt at the age of twelve under Master Paul T. Cho. In the early 1980s Kyoshi Sheeley, started training in American Kenpo, and in 1987, he began studying exclusively with Professor Nick Cerio. By the mid 1990s, Kyoshi Sheeley had trained hundreds of Black Belts and served as Master Instructor to several Kenpo Jiujitsu Karate schools in New England. During this time, Kyoshi Sheeley won numerous competitions in both open hand and weapons forms. He was nationally rated in competition for three years in a row and was the first Kenpo stylist to go number one in ranking. He has been inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame eleven times, and ten National Champions have trained under him. Kyoshi Sheeley is the founder of Kensho-Ryu International, one of the largest martial arts systems on the east coast, and is currently the director of 14 schools. In 2004 , Kyoshi Sheeley received his 8th dan.(8th degree blackbelt)
    One thing I find that really stands out, is He (Sheeley) Founded this art in 1984, when it shows he started Kenpo in the early 80's
    so what do u think?

let me know.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyukido, TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta' ask: Are you taking lessons with these guys? I mean, that puts you in a fairly unique position to judge. What are classes like?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 3:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The post I made came direct from his own sight (Cut, Paste, Function). On the last line I stated, the only thing that stands out is, he founded this style in 1984, when he had only begun his training in the early 80's (in kenpo), which could mean 81, 82, 83, possibly 84. That isn't a fair amout of time to master a system, much less create your own. Is it Bullshido? So far, from the dates I have to say more than likely it was. However, he has been practicing now for decades... so he may be ok now ? Its up to you to go and see for yourself.
    Last edited by Uechidude; 2/09/2007 3:28pm at .
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast