Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 4:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goju-Joe, I googled him and mentioned how his rank was "simulated" and put a link to the wiki article on the guy. He was an arms dealer, too...
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataboxa
    Not at all. Push ups don't have any martial applications either. But it's a great training tool in addition to whatever style or other training techniques you are involved in. Repelling would fall under additional training techniques.
    WHAT THE ****??????

I agreed with all you said. Perhaps my definition of Martial application differs slightly. But I am not in bad shape myself. I totally understand the importance of Push ups and sit ups.
    AND MORE "WHAT THE ****?????"

Somehow I missed those two gems while trying to make sense of this clusterfuck of a thread. Anyways, a couple of points.

1. Anyone who says push ups don't have any martial arts applications is a fucking moron who doesn't understand the benefits of God's gift to healthy mankind, the push ups.

2. Anyone who says his/her definition of martial arts applications differ "slightly" to the point it sees no applicability of push ups should be suspect in the physical conditioning department.

3. Anyone who backtracs from one post to the next, as clearly shown in the posts above quoted is an inconsistent retard that needs to be castrated, with a fork preferably.

No applications (martial or not) to push ups, my ass. :violent5:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 4:48pm

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, I left this thread at page 4, come back and it's exploded into a giant pile of fucking stupid.

Oh wait, it started that way as well. Phrost, did we recently miss out on our stupid innoculation? There's just been so much of it around lately. I'm gonna go do some pushups or something before I catch it.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 4:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for the record, Mitchell Warbell never trained counter-terrorist operatives. He trained MERCENARIES. What they end up doing is determined by the highest bidder.

(IMO, this will be the biggest intangible problem to come out of the Iraq conflict. The U.S. is using way too many soldiers for hire. Do they really think they aren't going to go to the next highest bidder when the DoD money stops flowing?)
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 7:25pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iread somewhere in the middle of all this **** that Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat was **** and had been forgotten long ago. For shame!

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 10:11am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having trained in Boxing for most of my life and being exposed to Shaolin, Hung Gar and Tai Chi during these years I have become fond of TMA. What drew me to Wing Chun was my Sifu and his program. Being an Ex counter terrorist instructor here in GA and having taught and garnard respect in my home town of brooklyn back in the 70's I felt it was right for me.

Being a shorter Stockier fighter I like to be close to my target. Wing Chun has added some techniques that I feel comfortable with within that distance. But there is no Hokus Pokus to my training or my like for Wing Chun. After having gone through a few self-defense/MA training programs over the years and having my share of street fights. I am very comfortable with my choice of Style and Sifu to instruct me.
    You're in Georgia? We have regular throwdowns which you are welcome to come to. You can meet some of these folks you're smack talking at and they can introduce you to a face full of canvas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 10:36am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    You're in Georgia? We have regular throwdowns which you are welcome to come to. You can meet some of these folks you're smack talking at and they can introduce you to a face full of canvas.

First off, I haven't spoken smack to anyone who hasn't said some stupid **** to me. Any ways, I have no problem stopping by a throwndown as a spectator. See what I mean, what was the need for the last comment?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 10:39am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, I haven't spoken smack to anyone who hasn't said some stupid **** to me. Any ways, I have no problem stopping by a throwndown as a spectator. See what I mean, what was the need for the last comment?
    What he means is that he wants to ride you like a bitch at the throwdown.

Spectator my ass, fight for yourself, you dumbass.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 10:39am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because I hate you. Next throwdown I can make will be end of this month, Feb 25th. As far as I know we're having one somewhere at that time. Check the throwdown forums for details. You can come get revenge for my remarks. I'm 5'7", 135. I'm sure your 6'2, 220 or something similar. Should have no problem mauling me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 10:43am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Because I hate you. Next throwdown I can make will be end of this month, Feb 25th. As far as I know we're having one somewhere at that time. Check the throwdown forums for details. You can come get revenge for my remarks. I'm 5'7", 135. I'm sure your 6'2, 220 or something similar. Should have no problem mauling me.
    You hate me? You have issues my friend. So, your throwdown will be in the SWAT? I am not much bigger then you my friend. So, I would be fighting you for what reason?