228864 Bullies, 4975 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 236
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Wataboxa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:12am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger
    You're just pissed because as a chunner, you can't even beat yourself.
    Which leads to even less of a sex life than normal for your LARPing kind.

    Is that what it is?

    And what's with the disrespect Homegirl? Did I come at you like that?
  2. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:14am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Expsoing bad teaching and fighting concepts is one thing but to claim this style or that style effective or noneffective is totally subjective.
    The standard is generally considered to be "What is effective in a fight," regardless of the venue (sport or 'street'). Yes, there are martial arts that are completely noneffective - most people don't study tai chi (as an example) for its combat applications, though, so it isn't a problem. The problem arises when a non-combat art (like Yellow Bamboo) claims to be effective self defense with practical applications in a fight.

    Also, lets be honest every BJJ guy ON BULLSHIDO cannot beat every guy of ________(insert style). Just the same that every Kung Fu guy here cannot beat every guy of _________(insert style).
    Perhaps not, but rules are not disproved through the exceptions. Let me explain: if you take EVERYONE with 5 years of BJJ (which I've never studied, by the way) or MMA (which I've done 4 'classes' of) and EVERYONE with 5 years of any traditional art that does not pressure test it's techniques or concepts (assuming that is the ONLY MA training either person has) and get them to fight in any environment (sport or "street"), don't you think you can predict who is going to walk away at the end of most fights?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
  3. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:14am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki
    That a site mainly comprised of American Martial Sportsmen go about talking about martial arts like they really understand them. You guys make me laugh, this site is Bullshido, garbage.

    Choose a martial art. Train it to the best of your abilities. I don't see why other martial arts should concern you. In a sense; mind your own business. How about you spend more time training and less time on the internet badmouthing martial arts that don't concern you. Losers
    Because at heart we're all very altruistic, loving people who shed a single tear every time we think of some 9 year old kid being given a TKD black belt, then trying to use what he learned and being put in the hospital by the bigger, stronger, meaner 12 year old kid. We do it for the children, we really do.

    But since you hate the children, and are probably a terrorist lover as well I understand why you wouldn't want us to help the children. Go on child hater, go teach the kids how to get themselves hurt.
  4. Hanniballistic is offline
    Hanniballistic's Avatar

    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,166

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:15am


     Style: JKD & Mok'bara

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki
    That a site mainly comprised of American Martial Sportsmen go about talking about martial arts like they really understand them. You guys make me laugh, this site is Bullshido, garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki

    Choose a martial art. Train it to the best of your abilities. I don't see why other martial arts should concern you. In a sense; mind your own business. How about you spend more time training and less time on the internet badmouthing martial arts that don't concern you. Losers


    As you are clearly just trolling it almost falls beneath me to respond to you. Furthermore I suspect there will be a torrent of abuse along the lines of "go take a sugar frosted ****" directed - with justification - against your person.

    Tempting as that may be, I will not provide you with ammunition to support your inherent prejudices against bullshido and will instead concentrate on the fallaciousness of your argument.

    First off, I am English and second I live in Canada. Your first point of contention - at least with regards to me - is therefore rendered invalid.

    Thirdly, whilst I enjoy MMA, kickboxing and other "sports", I am an LEO and consequently my training aims, needs and requirements are centered around what you what no doubt refer to as a "real" fight. That renders your second point invalid.

    In the martial arts world there are a lot of frauds, fakers and downright criminals who prey on the unsuspecting public and their lack of knowledge about martial arts and indeed physical violence. While most are aware of the potential for violence and trouble, few are prepared and this is where the vultures swoop in.

    Systems offering “effective defense” based on no practical experience, no empirical testing and the reputation of a 3,000 year old mythical legacy should be called on their claims. So should anyone who teaches a skill that does not meet its promise.

    For too many years, idiots such as you have preached that “all arts are equal”. “sports are only good for the ring”. “my art is lethal”, “in a fight I would do this…” and so forth ad nauseam – with nothing to back it up but your own self-delusion.

    Bullshido is about reality – be that in the ring or the street. If you have a problem with that then you a re clearly one of therefore mentioned frauds, clinging to a sugar pedestal that will melt away as soon as it rains.

    I pity you

    Not only have you missed the point, you weren’t even aiming at it.

    And to top it off your trolling skills are second rate, your grammar and construction inferior and your logical debating ability is somewhere at the level of an 8 year old.

    Taking things into consideration, may I suggest suicide to you as a potential route to easing your parent’s burden?




  5. Hanniballistic is offline
    Hanniballistic's Avatar

    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,166

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:17am


     Style: JKD & Mok'bara

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataboxa
    Expsoing bad teaching and fighting concepts is one thing but to claim this style or that style effective or noneffective is totally subjective. Also, lets be honest every BJJ guy ON BULLSHIDO cannot beat every guy of ________(insert style). Just the same that every Kung Fu guy here cannot beat every guy of _________(insert style).
    Your logic is flawed beyond belief.

    If a concept is flawed and a style displays that concept then by logical extension the style is flawed.

    A style that does not display that flaw is therefore inherently superior.

    2/10 - try again
  6. Bladesinger is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    558

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:17am


     Style: MMA, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataboxa
    And what's with the disrespect Homegirl?
    Wait, I'm not ready for this. If we're going to get in a slapfight I'll need a skirt and a pair of heels.
  7. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:19am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, I am English and second I live in Canada.
    You lied to me... <lower lip trembles>


    Oh, Kazuki, go take a sugar frosted ****.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
  8. Hanniballistic is offline
    Hanniballistic's Avatar

    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,166

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:19am


     Style: JKD & Mok'bara

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataboxa
    Is that what it is?

    And what's with the disrespect Homegirl? Did I come at you like that?
    develop a sense of humour, stop taking yourself so seriously and try again

    What is it with these fucktards?
  9. Hanniballistic is offline
    Hanniballistic's Avatar

    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,166

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:21am


     Style: JKD & Mok'bara

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    You lied to me... <lower lip trembles>


    Oh, Kazuki, go take a sugar frosted ****.
    I lied?

    And glad you like the "Blade Trinity" insult!
  10. Plasma is offline
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,089

    Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:24am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki
    That a site mainly comprised of American Martial Sportsmen go about talking about martial arts like they really understand them. You guys make me laugh, this site is Bullshido, garbage.

    Choose a martial art. Train it to the best of your abilities. I don't see why other martial arts should concern you. In a sense; mind your own business. How about you spend more time training and less time on the internet badmouthing martial arts that don't concern you. Losers

    Shhh. Don't respond it is the rare occasion a ninja has come out of hiding. Just watch....
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.