Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:19am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, I did some fun training for san shou last year.

Two of them that burned my legs out:

1. Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat. We did these without the bench, and alternated legs, but we'd do 3 sets of 60.

2. Pushing a truck. One guy would stand at the front, the other at the back, and we'd put a truck in neutral, and push it back and forth. One person would hold it back, while the other would push.

Our coach would throw in various things like this once a week to keep us on our toes.

Good luck.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 8:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    yeah, I did some fun training for san shou last year.

Two of them that burned my legs out:

1. Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat. We did these without the bench, and alternated legs, but we'd do 3 sets of 60.

2. Pushing a truck. One guy would stand at the front, the other at the back, and we'd put a truck in neutral, and push it back and forth. One person would hold it back, while the other would push.

Our coach would throw in various things like this once a week to keep us on our toes.

Good luck.
    now, have someone drive it and push it back, for more resistance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:27pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    now, have someone drive it and push it back, for more resistance.

is that human ability??? i wish i had the power to push a car back when its driving imagine my punch

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude you need to gain a few lbs. You are fighting in a no weight class event right? You will get tossed around unless everyone from that place is a toothpick. If you plan on entering these competitions again I would advise gaining some weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 4:43pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am gaining weight but very little

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 7:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done wierder and still do. I take long runs through a forest picking up and throwing any rock or hunk of wood I come across, climbing trees, doing chinups off brancher, trying to uproot the small trees etc. Seems silly but if your constantly moving and doing something its a good cardio workout and with the throwing, ripping and climbing its a good muscular workout too. Also you get fresh air which is nice.

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 3:03am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do parkour. Alex, you didn't read the actual thread. I WAS being a smartass, and making fun of everyone who pays for receiving super secret underground strength training secrets for only 77.75 a month.

But thank you. I usually push cars with one hand, while someone's driving it towards me, petal to the metal. It's specificity. How often do your punch or even push with both hands simultaneously? As an added bonus, I have them drive at me from a mile away to gather speed, then I stop the car in it's tracks, but I allow my arm to bend to my chest before pressing it back away. It's kinda like a one leg depth jump, but with one arm.

On a more serious note, it's true what I said about specificity, and in plyometrics people under utilize depth exercises. It's all fine and good to hop around and do plyo pushups, but remember to absorb the weight too. I've heard of more than one person doing a depth pushup, so don't feel too stupid diving towards the floor without doing ukemi. Remember the burpee without the squat? Now's the time.

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 3:11am

Style: Kajukenbo / Judo / IKEA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    I've done wierder and still do. I take long runs through a forest picking up and throwing any rock or hunk of wood I come across, climbing trees, doing chinups off brancher, trying to uproot the small trees etc. Seems silly but if your constantly moving and doing something its a good cardio workout and with the throwing, ripping and climbing its a good muscular workout too. Also you get fresh air which is nice.
    Heh. Awesome! You paid the $499 for sasquatches training book, didn't you?

Fear the weasels

Fear the gay pirate

Me caught Spinning at work

"Do not be afraid. With my nipples I will suckle each of you with arcane knowledge passed down for generations." -Ashida Kim (Phrost)

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 4:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uprooting small trees? Thats kind of dick don't you think? Yup it is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 4:55am

Style: not training currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    Uprooting small trees? Thats kind of dick don't you think? Yup it is.

Not to mention that it sounds like BS also. I live in a forest and a tree with a trunk the size of a broom handle, or smaller, has such a vast root system that it would be neigh impossible to pull up.

A tree this size would most likely be older than the poster and have a huge dollar value, depending on its type. Any sapling you damage and don't own can cost you legal and money trouble.

It just is not a good "training" method anyway you look at it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12