Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mundials 2007 in Los Angeles!

Kid Peligro Jiu-Jitsu News . . . LAST MINUTE BOMB ! ! ! 2007 BJJ WORLDS TO BE HELD IN L.A. AREA!
    Submitted by: Kid Peligro / Sr Editor
    Posted On 02/08/2007

A last minute BOMB of epic proportions has just been confirmed: The 2007 Worlds will be held in Los Angeles area in late July. The event traditionally held in Rio de Janeiro, will, for the first time leave Brazil and take place in the U.S.A.

The Worlds will take place on (CORRECTION:)August 23,24,25 and 26 at the Long Beach Pyramid . More details as they become available but this is a huge opportunity for everyone, especially the American competitors to make a huge showing and secure a World title in their own backyard!

Additionally the U.S.A. is very central to Europe and Asia so expect a huge presence fromt op figthers from these regions!
    http://news.adcombat.com/scroll.html...2007&ten_day=1

Looks like I'm changing my travel plans for the summer, so I figured anyone else planning to attend might want to know as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 6:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll pardon me if I don't find this a positive development. Somehow I don't foresee the quality of competition available in Brazil being available in the U.S., mostly due to the lack of qualification requirements for internationals

I sincerely hope that this isn't going to be permanent. I mean, whilst the Tijuca Tenis Clube happens to be one of the worst venues you'll ever see in your life for a first class sporting event, it was financially accessible to the qualified Brazilian competitors and all the internationals that wanted to come. This way, it's not as financially accessible.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 6:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The other part of this I heard from a guy at my BJJ club was that the Pan-Ams would take place in brazil - know anything about that?

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NSLightsOut
    You'll pardon me if I don't find this a positive development. Somehow I don't foresee the quality of competition available in Brazil being available in the U.S., mostly due to the lack of qualification requirements for internationals
    I'm only really disappointed because it kills my plan to spend a month in Rio at Hunter academy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 12:10pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Moose
    The other part of this I heard from a guy at my BJJ club was that the Pan-Ams would take place in brazil - know anything about that?

Well, the REAL Pan Am Games are being held in Brazil, hence the reason for the sudden change of venue to california this year.

As far as the competition is concerned, I think its only going to affect the lower ranks when it comes to getting to cali- the higher ranks (and people reknown for being goog fighters) are usually able to find sponsorship.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pan ams in brazil, mundials in california, abu dhabi in new jersey... this is getting confusing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 8:57pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I told you people...they go where the money is...the U.S!