Sponsored Links Spacer Image

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 10:37pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Tell them I now consider them a bunch of whiny little pussies (regardless of whether they have the skills to be able to kick my ass into next week).

The signal-to-noise ratio on this site can be quite low at times. But, without its character your classmates turn up their noses at, this place would be as dead as :hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan :hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan :hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan :hitlerdan.org and never have the resources to accomplish ANYTHING remotely useful or worthwhile.

Edit: Damn, I forgot about their little link spam attack and Phrost's counter. -- t r u t h m a r t i a l a r t s . o r g
    Tom,

With all due respect I think I will not relay that message. But I must say that I disagree with you. Bullshido is characterised by a loose, free-wheeling style of discussion that can get out of hand. Some people enjoy it, some do not. It is more a question of style then of character. I also feel that Bullshido would benefit greatly from a cleaner more constructive discourse and less insults and trolling but that is just my opinion.

IgnatzAmI

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 11:01pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 11:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Phrost,

I appreciate what you are trying to do with the sub-forums. But I feel that it is the overall close-mindedness of this community towards things like Wing Chun, Dim Mak, Kata, etc. That have had a serious detrimental effect on the "mission" of this site. Posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Actually I consider just the mention of "wing chun" to be trolling anyone interested in something "martial". So yes, yes you have.
    Are not discussion, and are if are a perfect example of blatant flaming. While I understand that the intent is to allow the free uncensored flow of information, the intent has not been met. To use an analogy often used by my Sifu. Many people on this site suffer from a scotoma, a blind spot. They are unable, or unwilling to see any benefit in anything other then the UFC and BJJ. Now this is not to say that the UFC and BJJ do not have their merits but they are not the be all and end all of martial arts. A sub-forum does not cure this blindness it merely allows the blind to further segregate that which they do not wish to see. However, I appreciate what you are trying to do and wish you all the luck in the world.

IgnatzAmI

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 12:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dim Mak is not scientific that blows a hole in your scientific argument right there.

I'm not going to debate another style in your review.

Try the CMA forum open some discussion and see what happens.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 12:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Dim Mak is not scientific that blows a hole in your scientific argument right there.

I'm not going to debate another style in your review.

Try the CMA forum open some discussion and see what happens.
    ..... scotoma, a blind spot......

I did not want any debate in my review. I wanted to post a review of my school and get a little red house next to my name. Nothing more.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami
    ..... scotoma, a blind spot.......
    There's that word again. Didn't you look it up the last time I mentioned you were using it wrong on the other forum?

Scotoma is a PHYSICAL blind spot. It refers to the the structural blind spot in everyone has where the optic nerves come together and pass through the retina, or other retina conditions and/or diseases causing a loss of visual acuity (such as macular degeneration or the aftermath of a detached retina).

What you are looking for is the words used to describe a PSYCHOLOGICAL blind spot. That is called a ... well ... um ... blind spot (really).

Now, you might say I'm arguing semantics. But that's the funny thing about this "science" you like to try and plaster as a label on what you do. Science is precise and makes every effort to improve its margin of error within the sometimes brutal forum of public review.

Arts, including those of the martial kind, are not precise regardless of whether the "scientific method" may or may not be useful to a given practitioner's study. A scientist might say something similar in their own words - possibly something like ""It is too large of a multi-variable equation to solve."

I've actually written about this subject quite a few times over the years. Here is a link to one of those conversations on a forum which isn't quite as "free wheeling" (since you seem to shy away from that): http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=22979

If you wish to debate this further, I think it would be an excellent topic for the newly created style sub-orums instead of here. The moderators will try to keep those sub-forums on-topic. (No comment on how much grease they'll apply to the sticking wheels to keep them free, though.)
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 11:10pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We do have empirical standards for reviews.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 1:53am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Touch hands with Sifu Francis Fong, Sifu Crescione, Sifu William Cheung and tell me Wing Chun doesnt work, look at the Iron Wolves fight team under Sifu Alan Orr:

http://www.alanorr.com/htdocs/nhb/teamironorr.html

Look at the fight record and tell me Wing Chun doesnt work.
    A) You don't train under Alan Orr,

B) We already had a longish thread about Alan Orr's school. The general gist is that someone who's trained in boxing, kickboxing, Catch Wrestling, and MMA and whose wins consist primarily of victories via armbar is not a great example of Wing Chun fighting technique.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 12:38pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost,

I appreciate what you are trying to do with the sub-forums. But I feel that it is the overall close-mindedness of this community towards things like Wing Chun, Dim Mak, Kata, etc. That have had a serious detrimental effect on the "mission" of this site. Posts like this:
    1) Dim Mak? You got to be fucking kidding me.

Are not discussion, and are if are a perfect example of blatant flaming. While I understand that the intent is to allow the free uncensored flow of information, the intent has not been met. To use an analogy often used by my Sifu. Many people on this site suffer from a scotoma, a blind spot. They are unable, or unwilling to see any benefit in anything other then the UFC and BJJ.
    2) Not true. You really need to stop writing posts right now and spend the next following weeks reading the forums - there are quite a few valid posters that come from a "traditional" background (he, I said traditional.)

Now this is not to say that the UFC and BJJ do not have their merits but they are not the be all and end all of martial arts.
    Nobody claims that's the case. See #2 above.

A sub-forum does not cure this blindness it merely allows the blind to further segregate that which they do not wish to see.
    Again, see #2.

Besides, I find it stupid that you say the blind use the subforums to further segregate that which they do not wish to see. Who are the blind? The CMA/KMA/JMAists? The very ones who talk and promote their arts in a tech/moderated forums? How the hell does that make them blind? Do you even know who the hell use/created the subforums and why?

I mean, really, see #2.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    El Macho,

What exactly is your problem? I'm allowed to voice my opinions in MY school review. I dont come to your review and **** around with long winded CLOSEMINDED posts. Go away. I have taken nothing but an un-ending cascade of **** about my style, about my school, about Phil! This "community" is one of the most childish, insensitive, retarded, closeminded group of individuals I have ever met. I reviewed my school as a COURTESY! I did not do it so I could have MORE **** flung on me. You have no right to question what I believe. NONE! Do yourself a favor, don't come to a school review and **** about. go back to Newbitown and live there till your head emerges from your ass.

Good fucking day!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast